FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Empire Cover Art

Author Topic: Empire Cover Art
Ender-
Member # 11572

- posted      Profile for Ender-   Email Ender-         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I'm in the middle of reading Empire, which is very good so far, and I expect it to end the same.

But anyways, I'm into graphic arts and what not, and after looking at the cover art, and reading the book, I decided I would make my own rendition of the cover art. I made this using GIMP (a program similar to Photoshop). I took some ideas from the original cover and the book.

Without further adieu, I present to you my Empire cover art -

v1 : http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs26/f/2008/101/0/9/EMPIREv1_by_Sneaux125.png

v2 : http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs29/f/2008/101/6/f/EMPIREv2_by_Sneaux125.png

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Pretty cool...
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah. That looks really awesome.

It's kind of ironic, though, that there aren't really that many battles with laser-armed helicopters in front of the White House in the book. Yes, there's a skirmish in front of the White House, and there are weird lasers and technology in subsequent battles, but there are no scenes in the book like the one depicted on the cover.

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ender-
Member # 11572

- posted      Profile for Ender-   Email Ender-         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah I know. Weird. But considering the fact that a lot of people judge books by their covers, you gotta have something that will draw attention to the book ^.^

Thanks for the input guys

Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LargeTuna
Member # 10512

- posted      Profile for LargeTuna   Email LargeTuna         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome Ender- [Big Grin]
Posts: 856 | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
happysmiley
Member # 9703

- posted      Profile for happysmiley           Edit/Delete Post 
That's really nice. I also have gimp and i don't think I could get anything close to looking that good.
Posts: 48 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.