FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSC I'm Sorry (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: OSC I'm Sorry
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
There's a certain, unsettling...vibration, or shimmering, or something in the corners of my eyes when you post, Reshpeckobiggle.

I'm weaving a tiny basket out of ethernet cables, and it appears to be fading...

Why do you think that is?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reshpeckobiggle
Member # 8947

- posted      Profile for Reshpeckobiggle   Email Reshpeckobiggle         Edit/Delete Post 
I think its because you've read the Alvin Maker series too many times.

It might also be because you take yourself way to seriously. And when I say "you," I mean everyone who find themselves on the verge of losing control of their bodily functions whenever they are faced with something disagreeable. This is common among liberals and conservatives who are cocooned in a shell of liberalism and conservatism, respectively. When you are a conservative that exists in a liberal society (and vice versa) you learn to maintain your composure in a variety of adverse situations.

I'm saying you should step outside your comfort zone sometime. It builds character.

Posts: 1286 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Reshpeckobiggle:
I like how everyone suddenly is on their best behavior when the big man walks in (after 2 years, no less.) Is it cowardice, a lack of conviction in ones previously incendiary statements, or simple shame over the previous behavior?

First off, I suggest that you go out and stick your head in a bucket of ice water.

Second. OSC posted a fairly lengthy reply to a thread everyone here had pretty much stopped posting in. There's nothing there to respond to.

Lastly, I personally don't care what you think, and I want you to know that.

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.