FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Ender in Exile eBook

Author Topic: Ender in Exile eBook
sam1am
Member # 11844

- posted      Profile for sam1am           Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone else purchased Ender in Exile as an eBook? I purchased it from the Sony eBookstore for my PRS-505 and have been working my way through it. So far it's excellent ... except for the formatting of the eBook.

The pages are formatted with about a half inch margin on all sides. It doesn't really make sense to build a big screen if you're not going to utilize it! Besides, it makes the text just small enough as to be slightly uncomfortable when reading.

I think some publishers enforce rules on formatting and try to make sure the pages have a certain "look." Although I suspect that people who make these decisions rarely see the result and how bad it is.

Just wonder if anyone else had any thoughts on the subject?

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sam1am
Member # 11844

- posted      Profile for sam1am           Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, this wouldn't be a problem had I had the foresight to purchase the book in any other format. All the others have been cracked and I could reformat the book to my liking.

Nobody has cracked Sony's format yet, however, because every book is already available in another, easier to crack, format.

Posts: 3 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ronin
Member # 1749

- posted      Profile for Ronin           Edit/Delete Post 
What a bummer to be punished for buying the book in the non-cracked format. Those publishers sure showed you mr. "wnats book in readable format" pirate!
Posts: 1896 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
NeroWolf666
Member # 11847

- posted      Profile for NeroWolf666   Email NeroWolf666         Edit/Delete Post 
I received ender in exile ebook just yesterday and am busy reading it on my psp. Its very slow read at the moment and already there are errors I have noticed. If anyone wants info how to use there psp to read book do not be afraid to email.
Posts: 12 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.