FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Hot Sleep

Author Topic: Hot Sleep
antronics
Member # 11894

- posted      Profile for antronics   Email antronics         Edit/Delete Post 
..Hey folks. I've read Hot Sleep that was with one of the issues off of oscigms.com. I've heard that that is just the first draft of Worthing Saga, but I'm not sure. If you guys could, can you give me a list of Hot Sleep/Worthing Saga reading material? Like is Worthing Saga a complete version of Hot Sleep? And what is the Worthing Cronacles? Thanks fellas.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
adenam
Member # 11902

- posted      Profile for adenam           Edit/Delete Post 
To get the whole history of The Worthing books/stories read OSC's intro to The Worhing Saga in which he also says TWS is sort of the compilation of everythng he liked in the Worthing stories.
Posts: 399 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
antronics
Member # 11894

- posted      Profile for antronics   Email antronics         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahh thanks just the info I was looking for.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Craig Childs
Member # 5382

- posted      Profile for Craig Childs   Email Craig Childs         Edit/Delete Post 
Here are the four books in the Worthing Universe, in order of publication:

1. Hot Sleep (novel)
2. Capital (short stories)
3. Worthing Chronicle (re-write of Hot Sleep)
4. Worthing Saga (includes complete text of Worthing Saga plus selected stories from Capital)

I've read both Hot Sleep and Worthing Chronicle/Saga.

Worthing Chronicle was a sort of re-write/re-imagining of the original story told in Hot Sleep. Worthing Saga also included some short stories from the book Capital. Many of the events related in both novels were the same, although told from different points of view.

However, much of the first half of Hot Sleep was jettisoned in Worthing Saga. And about 50% of the material in Worthing Saga covered events that transpired (chronologically) after the end of Hot Sleep.

I preferred Hot Sleep over Worthing Saga, but that's just me...

Posts: 187 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.