FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Hatrack 1830's

Author Topic: Hatrack 1830's
GinaG
Member # 11862

- posted      Profile for GinaG           Edit/Delete Post 
So, being new here I have to ask, what is up with the Hatrack 1830's RPG forum? I take it that it is defunct? It looks like there are messages, but none can be accessed.

I had to register when I realized that (I believe) the Hatrack River is the Allegheny? I grew up along that river. [Smile]

Posts: 117 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
scifibum
Member # 7625

- posted      Profile for scifibum   Email scifibum         Edit/Delete Post 
Change the drop down at the top of the page from the 45 day default to "All" and you'll see what's there.
Posts: 4287 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought Hatrack could have been the Beaver River (which I grew up near), which is a tributary of the Ohio.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Flaming Toad on a Stick
Member # 9302

- posted      Profile for Flaming Toad on a Stick   Email Flaming Toad on a Stick         Edit/Delete Post 
Pffft. We all know that the Hatrack river is really the Nile.
Posts: 1594 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
You're in de Nile.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
GinaG
Member # 11862

- posted      Profile for GinaG           Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, we all have a tendency to identify with "our own" river I suppose. [Smile] Just looking at the maps in Alvin Maker, it looks to me like the Allegheny, which meets the Monongahela in Pittsburgh to form the Ohio.
Posts: 117 | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Looking at my map in Seventh Son, the Allegheny is called the 'Algony', and meets the 'Mongoly' at Dekane (Pittsburgh) to form the Hio. The Hatrack comes out of the River Hio west of there, right where the Hio makes that northward loop. That's precisely where the Beaver river is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Beaverriverpamap.png

(edited for clarity)

Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.