FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » What about Bean?

Author Topic: What about Bean?
Chuckie
Member # 12098

- posted      Profile for Chuckie           Edit/Delete Post 
So.. anyone know what happens to Bean? Is there a book I'm missing? Or something I missed while reading a book? Cuz as far as I can tell, there's no conclusion or follow-up to Bean's voyage off into space. Or is this yet to be written? Any info on the subject will be greatly appreciated =)
Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Chuckie:
Or is this yet to be written?

Yup.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Bean's fate is, however, known.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Well, yeah. It's the same as every other OSC hero. [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuckie
Member # 12098

Really? I'm glad there's another book in the works.

& pardon me for not catching on but what's the fate of every OSC hero?

Posts: 8 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
Think about it for a minute... every OSC hero dies of uselessness.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Except Alvin, presumably, who is still scheduled to die with work left to do.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Orincoro:
Think about it for a minute... every OSC hero dies.

FTFY
Chuckie
Member # 12098

Aha.. very true. I consider Bean to have the most tragic storyline, because of his condition and seperation from Petra and whatnot.. I think it might be nice for him to have a little bit better demise.
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
FTFY == "fixed that for you."

AHA! I have deciphered your acronyms once again, silly Intrewebbes!

Or wait...should that be initialisms?

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

quote:
Originally posted by Chuckie:
Aha.. very true. I consider Bean to have the most tragic storyline, because of his condition and seperation from Petra and whatnot.. I think it might be nice for him to have a little bit better demise.

Head explodes!

:smashcut:

:Music video, "I Thought I Told You That We Don't Stop":

Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chuckie
Member # 12098

It's all very tragical.
chica
Member # 12115

- posted      Profile for chica           Edit/Delete Post 
I was frankly very disappointed with the dismissive sort of one sentence lack of respect that the end of Bean's story was given in Ender in Exile.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
miriam15
Member # 12118

- posted      Profile for miriam15   Email miriam15         Edit/Delete Post 
does anyone know if or when a new book abaut bean is planed to be published?
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catalyst
Member # 12119

- posted      Profile for Catalyst           Edit/Delete Post 
As I understand it, a book which will continue the story of Bean and his children/continue the story of the Descoladores is planned to be written. As far as I know, there is no timeline for the release of this story.
Posts: 15 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
redstarfalling
Member # 12122

- posted      Profile for redstarfalling           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought as I read Children of the Mind, that maybe Bean and his children could use the same sort of process that Miro did to create a new body. He could somehow alter his genetic structure, and "cure" his giantism. Not sure what it would do to his brainpower of course...
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jun 2009  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

Bean is dead. OSC is killing him. He has specifically said this. He was already and overinflated uber-character two books ago, which is why OSC started ignoring him in his own book series. He got a bit old.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.