FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » pathfinder series? is or is not?

Author Topic: pathfinder series? is or is not?
Rigg is my hero
Member # 12559

- posted      Profile for Rigg is my hero           Edit/Delete Post 
i have been reading OSC's books since the early 1990's and have love them all. Currently, I just finished pathfinder and I am finding myself in withdrawals since another book "is" or "is not" on the horizon? Does anyone know if and when the second will be published?
Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
There will be a second book. I believe the series is intended to be a trilogy. I haven't seen anything that indicates a release date.
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rigg is my hero
Member # 12559

- posted      Profile for Rigg is my hero           Edit/Delete Post 
anticipation is not my mainstay, but i shall wait. thank you for the information.
Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richd
Member # 12520

- posted      Profile for richd           Edit/Delete Post 
"Ruins" the followup is scheduled for release in November this year.

http://locusmag.com/Resources/ForthcomingBooks.html

http://hatrack.com/osc/bibliography/index.shtml

Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly1101
Member # 12562

- posted      Profile for Kelly1101           Edit/Delete Post 
OSC is pretty good with churning out sequels. It's not like Dark Tower where you're waiting 30 years. You can handle it [Wink]
Posts: 115 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Kelly1101:
OSC is pretty good with churning out sequels. It's not like Dark Tower where you're waiting 30 years. You can handle it [Wink]

Unless it's Alvin Maker or Lovelock. It just depends what he is into at that particular moment. Memory of Earth series (I forget what the series is actually called) came out pretty rapidly, but others take him a while to get around to. I'm willing to bet that Pathfinder will be fast to conclude, especially since OSC has said that he wants to start finishing up his series.

I think OSC's biggest problem is that he gets all these great ideas for different series and his scope is so big, but he doesn't bring himself to finish them. He's started like 8 of them but he's only finished 2 (that I know of, anyway).

Still awaiting completion:

-Pathfinder
-Alvin Maker
-Women of Genesis
-Lovelock
-Shadow Series
-The Lost Gate

Actually completed:

-Ender series
-Memory of Earth

I'm sure he'll get to them eventually...

Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Children of the mind always felt unfinished to me, way too open to continuation.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
Same here, Stone. I'm hoping the shadows in flight book wraps it all up. There's a lot of possibilities.
Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly1101
Member # 12562

- posted      Profile for Kelly1101           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, touche.... he's NOT great at finishing series. But he CAN put out a sequel quickly. Sometimes with only a year or two between books.
Posts: 115 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tolsti
Member # 12580

- posted      Profile for tolsti           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree that the Ender series (both of them) never felt completed. What happened to the descolada planet? What happened to Bean and his kids? What about the newly resurrected Ender/Andrew/Peter? Ender's Game felt more resolved than any of the sequels that followed.

I only recently finished all of the Enders books, and I seriously thought that there would be a connection between Bean and the descolada virus - perhaps Bean and his super brilliant kids accidentally started a process that led to the virus, maybe the doctor that created Bean did it. I just expected there would be something like that. I'm still waiting.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richd
Member # 12520

- posted      Profile for richd           Edit/Delete Post 
OSC says he has changed the name of Shadows in Flight to Shadows Alive, which is due out next year. Great news for me since I am only in the middle of Xenocide [Smile]
Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.