FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Sequels You Would Like To See?

Author Topic: Sequels You Would Like To See?
BlackishSlate
Member # 12650

- posted      Profile for BlackishSlate   Email BlackishSlate         Edit/Delete Post 
For me, a book that really hit home was A Planet Called Treason. I would like to see all of the nations of Treason band together and somehow overthrow the government that long oppressed them.

Any other titles that you think could produce good sequels?

Posts: 9 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
It wouldn't be a sequel, but I love the world of Hart's Hope. I really wish that OSC would write more in it.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to see the third book in Octavia Butler's Parable series.
I would like to see Frank Herbert's seventh Dune book.

Moving away from books:

I would like to see seasons 3-6 of Carnivale.
I would like to see seasons 1.5-7 of Firefly
I would like to see season 4 of Deadwood

Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I would like to see seasons 1.5-7 of Firefly
As crazy as it is, considering the built in fan base, it is never ever ever going to happen. The sooner we Brown Coats accept it, the sooner we can start to heal.
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jake
Member # 206

- posted      Profile for Jake           Edit/Delete Post 
Agreed. My list up there is comprised entirely of things we're never going to get.
Posts: 1087 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
If we're just talking OSC novels:

Pastwatch! It kills me that Card bought back the contracts for the sequels, especially the Garden of Eden one. *weep*

(It's not really a sequel, but I'd also love to read the "pure OSC novel" - tentatively titled Genesis, if I'm remembering correctly? - that he addressed at a bit of a remove in his Asimovian novella "The Originist".

One more Homecoming book would be cool, too, along with the last Alvin, Ender, and Women of Genesis.

Mostly, tho, I'm counting the days til the next Pathfinder and Mithermages books! Augh, cruel cruel time, why dost thou movest so slowleeee?

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Pathfinder. Any news on when it is going to be released?
Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Zotto!:

Pastwatch! It kills me that Card bought back the contracts for the sequels, especially the Garden of Eden one. *weep*

To me Pastwatch is a typical single book. It was finished, the idea was depleted.
Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.