FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Publishing Schedule?

Author Topic: Publishing Schedule?
Judgment
Member # 12655

- posted      Profile for Judgment   Email Judgment         Edit/Delete Post 
I have what I believe is vague memory of a tentative schedule listing what books OSC is currently working on and rough estimated publishing date. Does anybody know if this is real... or did I dream it....? [Smile]
Posts: 7 | Registered: Oct 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems to have been moved to the PDF listed as Bibliography on the left side of this page.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
It says Shadows in Flight is the book immediately following Shadow of the Hegemon, but that can't be right. I'm pretty sure it immediately follows Shadow of the Giant...
Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

This agrees with you.

[Dont Know]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Jeff C. Thanks for calling that typo to our attention. You are right -- it should say book immediately following Shadow of the Giant. Hopefully, now it does.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

Hey, no problem. Glad I was able to help ^_^
Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly1101
Member # 12562

- posted      Profile for Kelly1101           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought we had publication dates for either the next Pathfinder book or the next Mither Mages book? Was I hallucinating / wishful thinking?

I want one. NOW. lmao. I'm so in withdrawal...

Posts: 115 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Geraine
Member # 9913

- posted      Profile for Geraine   Email Geraine         Edit/Delete Post 
Amazon is showing Ruin is supposed to be released March 2012. There have been some posts by Mr. Card that indicates it is being worked on, so hopefully Amazon is accurate. That could have changed since he started working on his Shadows in Flight project though.
Posts: 1937 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
richd
Member # 12520

- posted      Profile for richd           Edit/Delete Post 
Just checked amazon, and the March 2012 publishing date has been removed, replaced by an October 2012 one. I bought the book after being told there would be two more within a year. Now it looks like it is his last priority. I have read that that Mr. Card publishes according to how much money he will make off a book, so obviously the Ender saga books will push everything back if he has a contract for one. But I wish he would also input the fact that when we buy books, we expect all books in that series, otherwise we have misspent our money.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Do not trust Amazon publishing dates.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

quote:
Originally posted by Sean Monahan:
Do not trust Amazon publishing dates.

Amen. They are frequently guesstimates, and sometimes blatant fantasy.

quote:
Originally posted by richd:
I bought the book after being told there would be two more within a year.

Was that before or after he had the stroke? Regardless, authors as a general group are known to have trouble with sticking with publishing deadlines. They have pesky little things like LIVES.
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
Ruins -- the next Pathfinder book -- is finished. It is now with the copyeditor and then on to production. We haven't seen a firm date yet for when it will be in stores. We thought Summer, maybe it's Fall. Yes, it was pushed back by his stroke, but only by a few months. I think he did great to write in during and following his recovery Production schedule is definately out of OSC's hands. Now he is writing the next Mithermage Book. Don't have a publication date for that one yet.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

Leaving aside the publication schedule, it's great to hear how well he's doing. [Smile]
Sean Monahan
Member # 9334

- posted      Profile for Sean Monahan   Email Sean Monahan         Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever I hear complaints like this, I'm always reminded of Gaiman's blog post about Martin.
Posts: 1080 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millernumber1
Member # 9894

- posted      Profile for millernumber1   Email millernumber1         Edit/Delete Post 
Woohoo! Mithermage book! The Lost Gate is probably the thing which has excited me most about Card's imaginative worlds since Enchantment (other than new Ender/Bean books).
Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kelly1101
Member # 12562

- posted      Profile for Kelly1101           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by kacard:
Ruins -- the next Pathfinder book -- is finished. It is now with the copyeditor and then on to production. We haven't seen a firm date yet for when it will be in stores. We thought Summer, maybe it's Fall. Yes, it was pushed back by his stroke, but only by a few months. I think he did great to write in during and following his recovery Production schedule is definately out of OSC's hands. Now he is writing the next Mithermage Book. Don't have a publication date for that one yet.

Cheers! Thank you so much for the update!

*will continue to wait semi-patiently* [Smile]

Posts: 115 | Registered: May 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

I seriously don't understand how OSC writes so many books, one seemingly right after the other. I recently popped open The Lost Gate and looked at his bibliography page (you know the one), and I literally dropped my jaw. Say what you will about the man, but his dedication to the craft is very admirable.
richd
Member # 12520

- posted      Profile for richd           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Was that before or after he had the stroke?
Haha, minor oversight [Blushing]
Though, I don't mind if an author takes time writing sequels, I get upset when I feel like they put it aside altogether. I am thrilled to hear that Ruins is finished and thank you for the update. I would apologize for my childish complaining, but I got rewarded for it [Big Grin] .

Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.