FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Han Tzu/ Han Fei-Tzu

Author Topic: Han Tzu/ Han Fei-Tzu
mamapajamas
Member # 12325

- posted      Profile for mamapajamas           Edit/Delete Post 
Just a matter of curiosity...

I've always wondered if Han Fei-Tzu was a descendant of Hot Soup? I understand that Han Fei-Tzu was named after the Chinese philosopher of the same name (the "ancestor of his heart"), but being from the Han family, although a common Chinese name, got my curiosity up. Or was that just an accident?

Posts: 4 | Registered: Apr 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno what OSC thought while creating Han Feizi, but considering that now there are probably millions or tens of millions of people whose surname can be latinized as Han (there are probably more Han character-surnames than just one) I guess on the planet of Dao and throughout the whole Galaxy there would be more than billion of them.

Fat chance.

Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vasslia Cora
Member # 7981

- posted      Profile for Vasslia Cora   Email Vasslia Cora         Edit/Delete Post 
I would say evidence suggests yes, each of the Jeesh went off to lead a colony. So since nothing is coincidental, it is likely that Han Fei-Tzu is a distant descendant of Hot Soup.
Posts: 503 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Szymon
Member # 7103

- posted      Profile for Szymon   Email Szymon         Edit/Delete Post 
Although you might be right- every character in the Ender Saga is extemely intelligent, so maybe...
Posts: 723 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.