FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Ender's Game Alive!

Author Topic: Ender's Game Alive!
millernumber1
Member # 9894

- posted      Profile for millernumber1   Email millernumber1         Edit/Delete Post 
So excited for this project: http://skyboatmedia.com/enders-game/

Full cast, full sound design, fully scored, adapted by OSC. Familiar OSC audiobook faces like Stephan Rudnicki and Gabrielle de Cuir, as well as friends and colleagues like Janis Ian and Harlan Ellison are taking part in this project!

The fake behind-the-scenes videos are hilarious.

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
C3PO the Dragon Slayer
Member # 10416

- posted      Profile for C3PO the Dragon Slayer           Edit/Delete Post 
Huh! This will be VERY interesting.

So if the movie turns out to suck, we will at least know how OSC would have done the script and how it would have been performed by an ensemble cast.

Looking forward to it!

Posts: 1029 | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millernumber1
Member # 9894

- posted      Profile for millernumber1   Email millernumber1         Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly! Plus, I'm a huge fan of radio drama. So I am so on this like hotcakes.
Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millernumber1
Member # 9894

I'm curious why there's no links to EGA on the front page? Since OSC is pretty heavily involved, it would seem to be a perfect place to feature the awesome behind-the-scenes content Skyboat is producing.

Or maybe they're waiting until closer to release date?

staredecisis
Member # 13054

- posted      Profile for staredecisis           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an Audible.com subscriber, and I can't wait for this to come out. I haven't been this excited for an audio book (if that is even a fair description!?!) in a long time!
Posts: 40 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millernumber1
Member # 9894

Very excited as well! I adore radio drama (have since I was a wee child), and this sounds amazing!
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
check out the home page
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millernumber1
Member # 9894

I see! I also checked out the free first chapter sample: http://www.audible.com/pd/Sci-Fi-Fantasy/FREE-Enders-Game-Alive-Chapter-1-Audiobook/B00FQMJAW6/ref=a_lib_ref=a_c1_2_t - it's fantastic! The way OSC has expanded the story and fleshed out characters like Theresa and John Paul (who have bugged me when I went back from Polish Boy and Teacher's Pest to Ender's Game) really excites me. Having Graff discuss Ender with a teacher expands the metatextual framing quotes OSC uses into an audio device to present the same insights in dramatic form brilliantly!
Jeff C.
Member # 12496

- posted      Profile for Jeff C.           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by C3PO the Dragon Slayer:
Huh! This will be VERY interesting.

So if the movie turns out to suck, we will at least know how OSC would have done the script and how it would have been performed by an ensemble cast.

Looking forward to it!

I guess that's true if the movie was over 7 hours like this thing will be.

Anyway, I'm definitely buying it. Looks great!

Posts: 1324 | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

- posted      Profile for DustinDopps           Edit/Delete Post 
I've already pre-ordered the MP3 CD version. Looking forward to listening to it.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millernumber1
Member # 9894

Just finished - amazing! It not only captures the power of the original novel, but it also incorporates so many of the rich details and layers that have developed from the 28 years of sequels, prequels, and short stories. I love it!
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

No fair! My order from Amazon still doesn't have an estimated delivery date.
Posts: 298 | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millernumber1
Member # 9894

Which one did you order? I originally had ordered the least expensive and easiest to transfer to my mp3 player version, the mp3 CD version with one disc. However, the team at Skyboat told me that the 7 CD set was shipping right now, and it was only 2 dollars more. With Prime, I got it overnight. [Smile]
bCurt
Member # 5476

- posted      Profile for bCurt   Email bCurt         Edit/Delete Post 
Waiting for Audible to have it available. I'm posting this on the release date but it is early. Note the runtime on the Ender's Game audio book is 11+ hours whereas the runtime on Ender's Game Alive is 7+. I would guess elements of OSC's script are present and is truly a performance based production.
Posts: 134 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
staredecisis
Member # 13054

- posted      Profile for staredecisis           Edit/Delete Post 
I ordered the CD set (non-MP3) and it arrived today. The MP3 set was cheaper, but shipping was delayed.

I also noticed that it is up on Audible.com now...

Posts: 40 | Registered: Oct 2013  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DustinDopps
Member # 12640

I ordered the MP3 CD and it now says it will be delivered on Oct. 31. Oh, well.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.