FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Evelina, by Fanny Burney, with OSC connexions!

Author Topic: Evelina, by Fanny Burney, with OSC connexions!
millernumber1
Member # 9894

- posted      Profile for millernumber1   Email millernumber1         Edit/Delete Post 
(the spelling in the title is deliberately wrong because it's how Jane Austen and other writers of the late 1700s sometimes spelled it [Smile] )

Apparently, OSC inspired Skyboat Media (the producers of Ender's Game Alive - insert plug for more dramatizations of the Ender series here, because I would buy them all!) to do an audiobook of Evelina, by Fanny Burney, because of his love of Jane Austen and the connection thereof. There's a nice writeup of the project here: http://skyboatmedia.com/skybook-evelina/

Also, it looks like he did that thing he does on the Ender's Game audiobooks, where he has an afterward. I'm hoping there's a way I can get this soon!

Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
millernumber1
Member # 9894

- posted      Profile for millernumber1   Email millernumber1         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooops, forgot to add that Emily Rankin, daughter of OSC, awesome actress, writer, etc (Laddertop, Jane Austen's Fight Club, reader of Bean in Ender's Game Alive, Impulse by Steven Gould, etc), is the narrator of the book itself. So even more connexions!
Posts: 428 | Registered: Nov 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.