FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » LotR Characters Tackle that Eternal Question... (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: LotR Characters Tackle that Eternal Question...
Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
"Toss the chicken!"

"What?"

"The chicken can't make the jump! Toss it!"

"Sure!"

"But not a word to the rooster."

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
ROFL!

That was one of the better Gimli-as-comic-relief scenes in TTT. The others were pretty silly.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
::bump:: before it gets removed...
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
This is beautiful. Belle, brilliant.

FOTR received a... similar treatment by some gamer friends of mine in an IRC chat room. I warn, it's not for the faint of heart; this is FOTR done in "l33t sp33k" (though there isn't much of the numbers-for-letters thing, it's more the grammar/style that is "l33t"). It's a little slow to start, I suppose, but quickly picks up in frenzy and sheer ridiculousness. ^^

http://www.evolutionarily.org/forum/index.php?board=5;action=display;threadid=357

Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I just wet my pants laughing so hard and my son is worried about whether I am okay - he would like a coherent answer to something . . .

That was awesome, Belle - when do we get the TTT?

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
***bump***

just for fun

Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sticker Goddess
Member # 2683

- posted      Profile for Sticker Goddess   Email Sticker Goddess         Edit/Delete Post 
Did they ever do a breadbox of the Two Towers? Because I have rarely read spoofs as funny as the Fellowship breadbox edition was.

The Goddess

Posts: 194 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Goddess, they did, but it was awful. [Frown] I mean, it was awful. Done by the same guy and everything, but he just didn't get it.

I think he was under so much pressure to write it quickly, that he did so after maybe one viewing. So he missed all the nuances that make it funny.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad this made [another] appearance [Smile]
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

"It is ever so with the threads that Men begin: there is a frost in Spring, or a blight in Summer, and they fail of their promise," said Gimli.

"Yet seldom do such threads fail of their seed," said Legolas. "And that will lie in the dust and rot to spring up again in times and places unlooked-for. The threads of Men will outlast us, Gimli."

Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

Belle, did you ever do a TTT breadbox edition?
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, that screenplay was truly hysterical.

Faramir:My lord father has bidden me to deny the the Road to all chickens, to prevent Mordor rearming.
*troubled*
Faramir:But in this dark hour, I must take my own counsel... there is an air about you Frodo...I smell at least 11 secret herbs and spices coming from you. Plus, you're a combo meal.
*decides*
Faramir: I have decided. You may cross the Road, worthy chickens, and have free leave to gather any side dishes you may require for a year and a day.
Then you must come to Minas Tirith and answer to my liege-lord father for your juiciness.
I will answer for this with my head, if need be.
(end)

Crap. Sucks compared to screenplay

[ July 03, 2003, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Because the chicken thread was revived, and because I am such a huge fan of bumping this thread, here it is, back again, ready to make everyone laugh.

Oh, and in case you were wondering...

The Two Towers Breadbox Edition - it'll make you giggle, but kinda peters out at the end.

The Ten Minute TTT - actually pretty entertaining.

Enjoy! (Again.)

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

[Wink]
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
PArt 3, Belle?????? Pretty please?????
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
what he said ^
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
romanylass
Member # 6306

- posted      Profile for romanylass   Email romanylass         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You buy the bookmark with "the one ring" tied to the tassel, and then wear the ring around and pretend to be invisible.

I did this. I wear it for special occasions, and borrow my son's toy Sting. I look cool.

This thread is too, too funny.

Posts: 2711 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
At the risk of getting flamed, has anyone read the very secret diaries?

"Sam will kill him if he tries anything."

-Trevor

Edit: And my contribution:

quote:

Be on your guard; there are fowler things than orcs in the deep places of the world.

[ July 24, 2004, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.