FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » This is a Girly Thread. Boy Hatrackers - You Stay Out (Page 2)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: This is a Girly Thread. Boy Hatrackers - You Stay Out
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
what, pray tell, is a poof?
Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm guessing homosexual.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
No, not merely gay. Fa-laming. (See: "Wilde")
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

This thread has made me realize that I can't think of a single blonde man who I find particularly hot.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbit Squad
Member # 3365

- posted      Profile for Hobbit Squad           Edit/Delete Post 
*pops out and uses the power of elastic bands to shoot briefs at the females in this thread*

*runs away stealthily.*

Posts: 64 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
Cary Elwes was hot in the Princess Bride. But I agree, I ususally go for brunettes.

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
what i find sort of amusing about odouls' comment is that freddie prinze jr. is the one star that was ever compared (lookswise) to my ex boyfriend that he was also friends with....

i mostly go for brunettes and darker men, but if you're hot, you're just frikkin' hot, no matter what color! i love men with character, as well. hmm, great buns don't hurt either, though!

[This message has been edited by porcelain girl (edited May 04, 2002).]

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kepper
Member # 3354

- posted      Profile for Kepper   Email Kepper         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh yeah, I can't think of many hot blondes either.

Darker guys are just more attractive to me, I guess.

Kepper
Diamonds are a girl's best friend.

Posts: 107 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
Val Kilmer = Hot Blonde

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I go for hot blonds and redheads. My husband is a blond. He races bikes. BannaOj is definitely right about cyclists.
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

You're crazy people. All the best ones are blond. I mean JONNY LEE MILLER and JUDE FREAKING LAW, people.

Jonny (sigh): http://homepage.ntlworld.com/luansl/jlmblack.jpg

Jude (double sigh):
http://members.aol.com/beautifuljudelaw/pict105.jpg

and a bonus redhead (mmm...Craig Kilborne...):

http://www.cbs.com/latenight/latelate/images/on_chair.gif

Yeah - Go Rabbit!

[This message has been edited by Ralphie (edited May 04, 2002).]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kepper
Member # 3354

But, Jude Law wasn't originally blonde, was he? I thought his hair was naturally a dark brown.

What about the hottest British actors? Wow. I have a lot. Billy Zane, Jude Law, Ewan McGreggor, just to name some.

Kepper
Dude

Posts: 107 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Okay, Billy Zane is a hot guy with dark hair. You've got me there.

But, is he British? I thought he was American.

Kepper
Member # 3354

No, I'm pretty sure he's British. My friend is a huge fan.....

And I think I remember him being on the list of "Hottest British Actors," right under Ewan McGreggor.

Kepper
Dude.

odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
heath ledger's blonde, yes?
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I know he has a spotted history, but Rob Lowe on the West Wing is pretty cute too. I agree Carey Elwes is fantastic in the Princes Bride, and hot.

Because of an unfortunate uncanny resemblance I loathe Mathew McConaughay(sp?) who is also blone.

Two others that have to be one of the hottest duos are Matt Damon and Ben Affleck in Good Will Hunting.

The black hero guy in Save the Last Dance.
Also Cuba Gooding Jr. though he is getting older. Denzel Washington is pretty cute too.

The Rock (though his movie sucked, and I hate wrestling, but he is hot... I guess there always has to be one exception)

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread reminds me of "The Wall of Men" we had in our townhouse. The pictures went from floor to ceiling and about eight feet long. It was nice. We were also very quick to point out that we only put up men who we admired for some achievement. Of course, there were some guys who's achievements were being hot. :shrug: What can you do?

On to actual names. I have a preferance for actors from the UK. Jude Law, Ewan Macgregor, Ralph and Joseph Fiennes, Rufus Sewell and others, that list goes on.

Also, this new Richard Gere movie coming out, Unfaithful, I'm actually tempted to see it. I don't like Richard Gere at all (beady little eyes), but Olivier Martinez is in it. Incredibly hot french actor that I first saw in the Horseman on the Roof.

Oh yeah, I tend to prefer dark guys to blondes, but I don't discriminate

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Unseen
Member # 3227

- posted      Profile for Unseen   Email Unseen         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I'm even posting in this thread but... Instead of posting on who's "hot" how 'bout who's sexy? If so...
Sean Connery. Ok, I know he's old but come on. Have you ever listened to his voice?
Anyways, maybe you guys can help me... Who the *$@% is Josh Hartnett?

Posts: 237 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kepper
Member # 3354

Josh Hartnett is a hearthrob, in movies such as Pearl Harbor and Black Hawk Down (with Orlando Bloom!) I'd say he's moderately hot. Hehehehe. I mean, practically every girl in my class would die just to shake his hand, but I don't think that much of him.

Sean Connery? His voice annoys me. Heh, it sounds as though he's speaking with his teeth clenched.

Kepper
Diamonds are a girl's best friend!

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
there is this guy who was in my freshman humanities class that's almost platinum blonde that I've thought is hot since I first met him. sadly, he has an ass's personality, but he is nice to look at.

for some reason, I like fairhaired guys, but there aren't many around

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Kepper - I've never heard Billy Zane's British accent. This is probably good since I think I would spontaneously combust if I did.

Risuena has FAB taste in men. 'Cept that "I tend to prefer dark guys to blonds", but it's hard to have as perfect taste as I.

P.S. - Kepper, whats up with Sean Connery's voice annoying you? Do you have all your chromosomes, girl?

aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I would die if I ever met Brenden Fraser. I don't know why. It is a totally irrational thing. I've had a poster of him on my bathroom door for years. It started in high school (after seeing School Ties) and it has only gotten worse. I was so pissed off that Alicia Silverstone got to kiss him. AAAAAHHHHH! I would have this man's love child.

*regains composure*

I like bald men. Patrick Stewart has to be one of the most attractive older men on earth. Then, if I see an attractive bald man with a goatee...I have to leave the room.

Denzel, oh yeah. Jonny Depp, mmmhhmmm. And as of late I have formed an uncanny attraction to Keanu Reeves. It all started with the Matrix and went down hill from there (I actually own the movie Speed).

I just realized that this whole post makes me sound kind of...well...um...I don't know...desperate. But I'm single living in the middle of rural Missouri, I have to have some dreams.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Ewan McGregor is kind of a blonde. Actually, his natural color is a lot like Ron's (a light brown reddish blonde... sort of thing).

Also fond of Sean Bean, Cary Elwes, Ralphe Fiennes and Jude Law. Julian Sands, before he went wonky. David Bowie.

Hey, I guess I have a thing for blondes, too.

I also second whoever said a lot of Hot guys are gay. Which reminds me... I idon't know his name, but Ian McKellan's Oscar date was absolutely drool-worthy.

But I also like Ben Affleck, and I liked the look of Kyle Macglothlin before he got old and tan.

Sam Neil.

Sean Connery (for an old fart, he's still got it). Alan Rickman also fits the old but interesting bill.

In the so creepy/ugly that I find them fascinating category:

Willem Defoe
Gary Oldman
Christopher Walken

Not sure how to categorize him, but Trent Reznor also pushes my buttons. *shrugs* I'll put Dave Matthews here, too, but only for his voice and the way he sings about kissing. Mmmm.

Rufus Sewell

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I actually agree with most of the ones posted so far, but I forgot one that nobody else has mentioned yet (I think).

Christian Bale.

The only thing better than Ewan McGregor by himself is Ewan McGregor with Christian Bale. *faints*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Here it is, in no particular order. I feel the need to say that I love my husband, who is a cross between George Clooney and Richard Gere.

Christian Bale
Tom Welling
Michael Rosenbaum
Rupert Everett
Matthew McConaughey
Brendan Frasier
Noah Wyle
Dale Davis
Henry Simons
Wesley Snipes
LL Cool J
Chris Klein
Julian Sands
Ewan McGreggor

Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

yum yum.
Olivet
Member # 1104

Great list, Mrs. M. Yummers.

Mrs.M
Member # 2943

- posted      Profile for Mrs.M   Email Mrs.M         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you. I have spent years pining after those fine gentlemen.
Posts: 3037 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
Skada-Judas in the new, or old Jesus Christ Superstar?
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
David Duchovny. Okay, he's old for me, but just look at this pic. Yummy...

Elijah Wood

Legolas (but not Orlando Bloom, strangely enough...)

Sean Biggerstaff (gotta love that Scottish accent in the HP movie )

Cary Elwes was really cute in The Princess Bride, but seeing him as icky Follmer on the X-Files kind of ruined his appeal...

That's all I can think of for the moment...I'll come back if I think of anyone else.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

JaneX, I'm with you on the Legolas thing, but not Orlando Bloom.

MrsM, good list.

And, after Friday, I have to add Peter Parker to the list. And, I had totally forgotten about David Duchovny. Samantha1013 will agree with that one.

[This message has been edited by aretee (edited May 05, 2002).]

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

*adds Fluffy* Anyone using the name Fluffy must be comfortable to sleep with, at least.
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
totally agree on the Legolas thing. Out of character Orlando Bloom does not appeal to me.

Yes, Sean Connery may be old, but he's got it still.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Harrison Ford
Heath Ledger
Johnny Depp
Will Smith
Cary Elwes
young Tom Cruise
David Duchovny
Brad Pitt without facial hair
Matt Damon
Sean Connery
Viggo Mortensen as Aragorn
LeVar Burton
Mel Gibson with long hair
Ian McKellen
Patrick Stewart

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

- posted      Profile for porcelain girl   Email porcelain girl         Edit/Delete Post 
there IS something about those bald men...
i have always had a weird thing for ben kingsley, and yule brenner was simply fly, fly, fly.

i didn't think i could dig orlando bloom out of his legolas character either, but then i was watching "Wilde" the other night (can we say gratuitous jude law hiney shots??!)and in the beginning when oscar sees the group of boys on the street, it was orlando bloom that smiled mischeviously and said "looking for someone??" mmm. sizzled like butter in a skillet...

Posts: 3936 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeni
Member # 1454

Bald men? Ew ew no.
Jeni
Member # 1454

No offense to any Hatrackian bald men out there.
Olivet
Member # 1104

Yeah. I like Sean Connery better without a hair piece. Patrick Stewart, Ben Kingsley (anybody see Sexy Beast?) and Yule Brennar (except for the whole being dead thing).

Chow Yun Fat

Yeah, the Biggerstaff kid from Harry Potter. You know, between Ewan, Billy Boyd and Sean Connery, I think I might have something of a Scot fixation. I like Scots. Not Scotts (dated a few, and hated them ) *wanders off to find a good recipe for haggis*

Will Smith, and even Tommy Lee Jones, though he aint as pretty as Will, he's got that indefinable something.
Denzel Washington is just picture perfect, and so devoted to his family. *sigh*

Orlando Bloom... Nope, not really. Legolas, yes. *makes mental note to rent "Wilde" when the hubby is out of town Tueday night* I'll let you know.

I like Viggo better with the dark hair, but he is nice to look at in any case.

Elijah Wood? No, not really, though I did fall hard for his Frodo. Nice eyes. But, almost freakishly large. I have this friend with very large eyes, and one of her co-workers called her a "bug-eyed freak" at a conference(he was drunk). When I see interviews with Elijah Wood, I think, "How cute!" followed quickly by, "bug-eyed freak." Just jealous because of my squinty Shawnee eyes, I guess.

porcelain girl
Member # 1080

i was sitting here thinking, jude law just seems like one of those men that god painted with a very small brush from head to toe...

he is not my ideal man, but he is just like a statue that was put over a slow burning flame, and come to life.
ooooooh boy.

i really like brandon boyd from incubus. i want him to be my boyfriend so we can lay in the grass as he braids my hair and then we can pick wild flowers together. heh, he just seems like that sort of boyfriend.

i always narrate subtle and sensual "interactions" between brandon boyd and keanu reeves to squick out two of my best guy friends...

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
My list gonna be long...

Michael Weatherly (logan in dark angel)
kwsni, check out www.darkangelfan.com
jude law
goran visnjic
bruce willis
tobey mcguire
brad pitt
Carter from ER
Keanu reeves
Aragorn (only in LOTR)
elijah wood
Denzel
There are others...

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Fox
Member # 1986

- posted      Profile for Black Fox   Email Black Fox         Edit/Delete Post 
hmm I always thought Matt Damon was a hottie. I think if I was a shorter, blonder, more attractive guy. I'd be Matt Damon.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samantha1013
Member # 3439

- posted      Profile for Samantha1013           Edit/Delete Post 
aretee was right, I definitely pick David Duchovny!

*sigh*

Posts: 8 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IrishAphrodite19
Member # 1880

- posted      Profile for IrishAphrodite19   Email IrishAphrodite19         Edit/Delete Post 
Gavin Rossdale from Bush, wow! heehee, I got to see him in concert this weekend.

And Kevin Griffin from Better Than Ezra, saw them too.

Yeah thats my input.

~~IrishAphrodite~~

Posts: 554 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I really don't get the Matt Damon thing. He is so alarmingly unnattractive when he smiles. Otherwise, I guess he's cute. Loved him in most movies I've seen him in, but never thought him hot (well maybe in The Talented Mr. Ripley, but that was prolly the boy/boy mistique of the character. Who WOULDN'T want Jude Law, after all?)
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like Matt Damon. Or Ryan Phillipe. Or Brad Pitt.

Gimme Vin, David Draiman, Arnold Vosloo (but ONLY as Imhotep)....
Yeah, I'm weird. I likey my men big and muscley and with shaved heads and in black.

Of course, there's also Jay Gordon. And a few of my musical friends...but unfortunately, I'm the bodyguard chick who carries equipment....I'm the one they come to with girl troubles. Poor me.

And of course, Tobey MacGuire. That scene...with the shirtlessness and the flexing....that was most droolworthy. When Liz and I got out of the theatre:
Liz: Oh my God....I'm going to marry Spider-man.
Me: No way! He is _so_ mine!
Liz: Hands off!
Me: No, you get your grubby paws off _my_ man!

Oh, and Hugh Jackman.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

OH!! I forgot about the yummy man, with the shaved head, who played Imhotep (is that Arnold Vosloo?). That movie tore me apart Brendan or the mummy guy, Brendan or the mummy guy? Oh, and that other guy from the mummy, you know, they guy on the horse who led the horse people. (Can you tell I haven't seen this movie in a while?) That movie was really good eye candy. If I didn't have three Mystery Science Theatres at home to watch, I would watch the mummy again.

Oh, and the guy from Mystery Science Theatre 3000, he's a yummy blonde! (Is his name Mike?)

Olivet
Member # 1104

Aretee-- I liked The Mummy for the same reason. The majority of the men in that film have really sensuous-looking lips. Arnold Vosloo is Imhotep and Oded Fehr is the horse-riding hero guy. MmmrRroOow!
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I only liked Imhotep. Hehe. But I'm weird, and I also thought Nomak was cute. You know. The bad guy from Blade 2. I worry about myself.

Of course, Mandalorian armor is hot. I think I've made that clear already.

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
ok...since some of mine are a little obsure...i found links.
Ben Browder
Daniel Goddard
Jackson Raine
Paul Goddard
mmm...yummy.

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
porcelain girl
Member # 1080

yes aretee, mike nelson from mst3k is cute, and my brother told me his book is funny as all get out.
i also always had a weird little thing for joel, too...

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.