FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Think of a lyric. Two Line Max if Copyrighted. (Page 59)

This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  68  69  70   
Author Topic: Think of a lyric. Two Line Max if Copyrighted.
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Lean on me, when you're not strong,
And I'll be your friend, I'll help you [b]carry]/b] on

-- Bill Withers, "Lean On Me"

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
Knowing you can always count on me for sure
That's what friends are for

Burt Bacharach, "That's What Friends are For"

Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Hiroshima, no it is not. So I am going back to Goody's

We have our own heroes, they're dancing in the living room
We're busy, busy counting out from zero not one minute to soon

Donna the Buffalo, "Positive Friction"

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hiroshima
Member # 7970

- posted      Profile for Hiroshima   Email Hiroshima         Edit/Delete Post 
I've got a lot of LIVIN' to do

Hello Brother, Louis Armstrong

Posts: 90 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Don't leave me behind, I'm only two feet tall
I've got a lot to offer ,the present is all I know

Donna the Buffalo, "Don't Leave Me Behind"

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AC
Member # 7909

- posted      Profile for AC           Edit/Delete Post 
"Don't try to reach me, 'cause I'd tear up your mind,
I've seen the future and I've left it BEHIND"

Black Sabbath "Supernaut"

Posts: 151 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
DON'T wanna be an American idiot.
DON'T want a nation under the new mania.

-Green Day's "American Idiot"

Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hiroshima
Member # 7970

It's an invitation, across the NATION
Dancin' in the Streets, Van Halen

Posts: 90 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

(Hiroshima, I'm not trying to pick on you, but that song was written and performed by Stevenson/Gaye.)

How I wonder as I wander where the answers lie
Chasing my thoughts I hear thunder race across the sky

Donna the Buffalo, "Living on Love and Gasoline"

Hiroshima
Member # 7970

(It was performed by many groups, including Van Halen, unless we're going to start citing the lyricists...but then, we'd need to start over at page 1.)

When you HEAR the whistle blowin' eight to the bar, then you'll know that Tennessee is not very far.

Chattanooga Choo Choo, Glen Miller Orchestra

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

(Well, I think if we are worried about copyright, then we need to write who wrote the song)(Besides, the Dead blows Van halen away in their version)

Listen to the whistle of the evenin' train.
The law come to get you if you don't walk right.

Grateful Dead, "Tennessee Jed"

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear that train a-comin', comin' round the curve,
Whistlin' and a-moanin', strainin' every nerve, strainin' every nerve.

-The Roving Gambler, trad.

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hiroshima
Member # 7970

It's the long arm, it's the strong arm, it's the long arm of the LAW.

Long arm of the Law, Warren Zevon

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

She can't tuck in these shirts with these ancient arms
That have never moved this way before

Donna the Buffalo, "Ancient Arms"

Hiroshima
Member # 7970

...silk SHIRT, top hat...

Sharp Dressed Man, ZZ Top

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

(You are quite evil, Hiroshima)

You can leave your hat on

Joe Cocker( I THINK!!), "You Can Leave Your Hat On"

Hiroshima
Member # 7970

If you LEAVE me now...

Chicago, If you leave me now

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

My pop left this world in a car on the road
I was drivin’ now

Crow Greenspun, "Baltimeore Oriole"

Hiroshima
Member # 7970

Pop goes the weasel

traditional

Epictetus
Member # 6235

- posted      Profile for Epictetus   Email Epictetus         Edit/Delete Post 
I looked out the window and what did I see?
Pop-corn popping on the Apricot tree

LDS kids song (origin and writer unknown)

I can't believe I just used those lyrics...

Posts: 681 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hiroshima
Member # 7970

You know, it's entirely possible to kill this thread with a one-word quote. I was tempted when somebody used the word tequila, and I could do it here, but I'm too nice.

Don't sit under the apple TREE, with anyone else but me...

Don't sit under the apple tree, Glen Miller Orchestra

AC
Member # 7909

"So any time you're down the East End DON'T you hesitate to go,
"You can take my honest word for it she'll teach you more than you can know"

Iron Maiden "22 Acacia Avenue"

Posts: 151 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Teach your children well

Graham Nash, "Teach Your Children"

AC
Member # 7909

"You're CHILDREN of the damned,
Like candles watch them burn"

Iron Maiden "Children of the Damned"

Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
"Si le das mas poder al poder,
mas duro te van a venir a cojer"

-Dame Todo el Power, Banda Epuela de Oro, Amores Perros Original Motion Picture Soundtrack

Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
Mis dias sin ti son tan oscuros
Tan agrios, tan duros, mis dias sin ti

-Shakira, Moscas en la Casa

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Her profession's her religion
Her sin is her lifelessness

Bob Dylan, "Desolation Row"

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Religion's no excuse
For all the <bleep> abuse

-- Kingdom Come - Religion Needs No Winner

Hiroshima
Member # 7970

There is no EXCUSE for all this abuse...

Hell is for Children, Pat Benetar

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Theremust be a way home from here

Donna the Buffalo, "There Must Be"

bunbun
Member # 6814

- posted      Profile for bunbun   Email bunbun         Edit/Delete Post 
We don't need another hero

Tina Turner

Posts: 516 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hiroshima
Member # 7970

WE DON'T NEED no education...

Pink Floyd, Another Brick in the Wall, part 1

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

The student body’s got a bad reputation.
What they need is adult education.

Hall and Oates, "Adult Education"

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

Let me hear your body talk

-- Olivia Newton-John, "Let's Get Physical"

Hiroshima
Member # 7970

Trailers for sale or rent, rooms to LET, fifty cents.

Roger Miller, King of the Road

[ May 24, 2005, 09:41 PM: Message edited by: Hiroshima ]

AC
Member # 7909

"Lights out, we live in a world of darkness
No doubt, everything’s up for SALE"

Iron Maiden "Judas Be My Guide"

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

There's a darkness on the edge of town

Bruce Springsteen, "Darkness on the Edge of Town"

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
There's no room
No space to rent in this town

-U2, Beautiful day

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

In Candy's room there are pictures of her heroes on the wall

Bruce Springsteen, "Candy's Room"

(Oh my, his new album is incredible!)(no, Hiroshima, I am well aware that Candy's Room is not on it.)

[ May 25, 2005, 11:26 AM: Message edited by: Elizabeth ]

Corwin
Member # 5705

There are heroes in the seaweed

Leonard Cohen, Suzanne
[Smile]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

There is simplicity out on a wave rolling in the weeds

Donna the Buffalo, "Ancient Arms"

Corwin
Member # 5705

Is simplicity best
Or simply the easiest?

Depeche Mode, Judas

Hiroshima
Member # 7970

quote:
Originally posted by Elizabeth:
In Candy's room there are pictures of her heroes on the wall

Bruce Springsteen, "Candy's Room"

(Oh my, his new album is incredible!)

That song is ancient
Hiroshima
Member # 7970

Of all the thompson gunners, Rolland was the BEST.

Warren Zevon, Rolland the Headless Thompston Gunner.

Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

heeeheeee, that song is playing on my jukebox right now, Hiroshima....

Everybody run
Cause Janie's got a gun

Aerosmith, "Janie's got a Gun"

Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to run
I want to hide

-U2, Where the Streets Have No Name

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Spaceman
Member # 8107

- posted      Profile for Spaceman   Email Spaceman         Edit/Delete Post 
I WANT my...I WANT my, I WANT my MTV.

Dire Straits, Money for Nothing

By the way, I'm the old Hiroshima. I thought my handle might be offensive to people I have no reason to offend.

Posts: 115 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

MTV makes me wanna smoke crack
Fall out of the window and I’m never comin back

Beck, "MTV Makes Me Want to Smoke Crack"

Corwin
Member # 5705

Juliet says hey it's Romeo you nearly gimme me a heart attack
He's underneath the window she's singing hey la my boyfriend's back

Dire Straits, Romeo and Juliet

AC
Member # 7909

"You walk through the subway, his eyes burn a hole in your back,
A footstep behind you, he lunges prepared for ATTACK"

Iron Maiden "Killers"

This topic comprises 70 pages: 1  2  3  ...  56  57  58  59  60  61  62  ...  68  69  70   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.