FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dobie Thread Thread (Page 4)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: Dobie Thread Thread
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
fine, i'll post a real Dobie

doobie thread

Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Whew, I thought that one was going to be about the Doobie Brothers.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

- posted      Profile for sylvrdragon   Email sylvrdragon         Edit/Delete Post 
eww
Posts: 636 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

- posted      Profile for Dobbie           Edit/Delete Post 
High Lie.

Original: Jai Alai.

Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
daft?

origional: draft?

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Where are the submissives this time?????

original: Where are the submissions this time?????

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Siesta Bowl
Original: Fiesta Bowl

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I can just picture the half-time show!!!

LOL

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

Ever hit a bong that tripped you on your @$$?

original: Ever heard a song that transported you back to you past?

sylvrdragon
Member # 3332

finally got that url right
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Blatant media pie

edit...I forgot the title of the thread I was Dobieing. Oops.

[This message has been edited by Bob_Scopatz (edited January 20, 2003).]

Dobbie
Member # 3881

Where's the outrage?
Posts: 1794 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

So, I guess you think it's okay that they steer so many of their clients into the print media, huh? I find that completely outrageous!!!

Designated Bumper
Member # 4487

- posted      Profile for Designated Bumper           Edit/Delete Post 
:bump:
Posts: 36 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
bump for Alucard
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Where is our Hedgehog?

Orig: Where is our Hedgemon?

(I chose to double-link for people who wouldn't recognize the first reference -- sorry if it bothers you.)

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
Anti-Stench Americans

(Dobie of Anti-French Americans)

~Sir Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pepek
Member # 3773

Oh yah, PS- please don't kill me.
Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Hmm...the guy who wrote that article probably got a lot of hate mail. Dave Barry wrote an article about US/France relations that was really hilarious. Wish I had a link.

But the gyst of his opening remarks were:

The French think Americans are loud, overweight, and all drive SUVs.

The Americans the French are cowards, rude and smell bad.

We're both right.

Then he gives some handy phrases in French that an American can use to break the ice with a French Person.

My favorite was the one inviting them to visit the nearest mega-mall with you. Then you tell them that they can surrender to the Security Guard -- no no, just teasing you there, buddy...

LOL

Pepek
Member # 3773

*chuckles*

I feel horrible because I find it amusing.

~Sir Montague

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Gramma Groans

Dobie of Grammar Groans

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I am a factory worker and I have a baby in each ear

I am a factory worker and I have a baby in each year

ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the Dave Barry article Bob was referring to, and, of course, it's quite funny.
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
This a one I couldn't pass up:

"Help get me out of my butt" dobying:

Help get me out of my rut

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Nick, you need to post a link to some site that gives a humorous twist to your "dobie." Otherwise you are just mocking the title of another thread.

And while I'm at it, is it just me or is posting in this thread far less satisfying than actually creating the Dobie and posting it as a new thread?

Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Geoff's Dominatrix Bragging Thread (amazon.com)

Original: Geoff's Matrix Bragging Thread.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

quote:
And while I'm at it, is it just me or is posting in this thread far less satisfying than actually creating the Dobie and posting it as a new thread?
No Bob, It's not just you. I find it much more satisfying when there is an actual dobie thread. [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

Here Bob, happy?

"Help get me out of my butt" dobying:

Help get me out of my rut

Here is the link for the site on the dobie:

Here.

I think I might actually dobie this one. [Big Grin]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Nick, that was brilliant!

5 Dobie points. -1 for not putting the link into the title of your Dobie. But wow! That's the funniest one I've seen in a long time!!!

[Big Grin]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Suneun [Big Grin]

I especially liked the chapter title: Empowering or Enslaving your Inner Child

Nick
Member # 4311

Thanks Bob. [Smile]
Dobbie
Member # 3881

Nun-fiction recommendation
Original: Non-fiction recommendations

Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] That's perfect.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dobbie
Member # 3881

Thanks. That was my first attempt.
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Bugs for everyone who needs a bug
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
<Bump>
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Dobbie...OMG!!! It's the Flying NUN!!! Good one!
+4 Dobies -1 for saying it was your first attempt when you have another one earlier on this same page!!!

Ludosti...cute idea. I was wondering if maybe you could've found a Flash website somewhere where we could pull the wings off flies or something really entertaining. But still...a good effort. +1 Dobie

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh Ooh, I have two!! My first two!!

So... I'm graduated.

Parody of: (Thread of same name)

I'm a Senior...

Parody of: I'm a Senior!!!

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Mugger

Original: I'm a Muggle

Yeah, pretty lame, especially given all the hugging/mugging threads I saw while I was digging up the dobie thread. But at least I'm doing my part to not litter on Hatrack [Cool]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Socky Puppets

Original: Shadow Puppets.

[ August 29, 2003, 01:42 PM: Message edited by: Erik Slaine ]

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Two things, Erik. Well, three, actually. One, thanks for bumping and using this thread. Two, I'm not sure you get the idea of a Dobie. You're supposed to link to something having to do with the new title. Linking to the original thread just didn't make sense. Three, a crucial aspect of Dobies (in my opinion, anyway) is timing. Dobie-ing a thread that is two days old, even if it's still on the first page, is an uphill battle. If you've had two days to think about how to make a joke of something, it better be really good.

I think maybe you were funnier when you were a girl. I mean, when people thought you were. I mean, when people kept thinking it and saying it and you had to keep denying it. Yeah, that was pretty funny. Um.... San Dimas High School Football Rules!

--Pop

Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

He he he!

I'll get it right next time!

Edit: fixed, but kinda lame...

[ August 29, 2003, 01:02 PM: Message edited by: Erik Slaine ]

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Two Month Flipping Off(How to do it) [Big Grin]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Muuuch better, Eslaine!!
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

Thanks! Been lookin' for a decent one... [Big Grin]
Dobbie
Member # 3881

doesn't anyone know how to properly beg for groceries?
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

So when do I find out more about the people finding the underwear for the dead boar?

Original: So when do I find out more about the people fighting the undead and the wereboar?

Sorry, I'm a little out of practice, but the meme lives on.

--Pop

jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Why is Spelling so important?

[ September 24, 2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: jehovoid ]

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way

quote:
I think maybe you were funnier when you were a girl. I mean, when people thought you were. I mean, when people kept thinking it and saying it and you had to keep denying it. Yeah, that was pretty funny. Um.... San Dimas High School Football Rules!

No, Pop. You rule.

You rule.

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
Where's my knife altering experience?
Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.