FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » why did the chicken cross the road? (Page 7)

This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   
Author Topic: why did the chicken cross the road?
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been chickened!!! ((((Raia))))
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] (((((Ryuko)))))
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rappin' Ronnie Reagan
Member # 5626

- posted      Profile for Rappin' Ronnie Reagan   Email Rappin' Ronnie Reagan         Edit/Delete Post 
::cough::
Posts: 1658 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
But Ryuko and Raia, does it count if you just chicken each other?

(I'm just snippy cos no-one noticed my chickening)

[ December 01, 2003, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koga
Member # 5646

- posted      Profile for Koga   Email Koga         Edit/Delete Post 
Buddha Boy (from the original Matrix):

"The chicken should not try to cross the road, that is impossible, in stead the chicken must try to realize the truth, that there is no road, and thus no sides of it be on, you simply must change where you are and not worry about the road"

or sort of a parody of no one, or a parodie of that character gone even more wrong then the one I just did, or simply the wisdom of the chicken:

"The chicken must accept that the road is inmaterial, when the chicken realizes that it is trying to get to it's own internal place of peace then it will find itself on the side of road where it is truly meant to be"

"there is no spoon"
"there is no spoon"

Posts: 733 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
fallow:

chicken,

can I ask you a question?

fallow

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]

That is SO fallow.

[ROFL]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
I cannot beLIEVE I missed Narn's parody of me.

It was so accurate I felt I might have typed it myself.

It's TRUE! The chickens are good people!

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL]
Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Kama, that was the funniest parody in this thread.

And for the record, Ryuko didn't parody me, Ralphie did! So, yes, it would count, but it didn't happen. Ha! [Wink]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
punwit:

The chicken claused the Rhodes scholar, so he eight him.

Elizabeth:

Yes, but have you kept a breast of the situation since then?

Dagonee:
Yeah, after the chicken's death, they covered him in a white sheet, and now he's a member of the Cu Clucks Clan.

[ April 29, 2004, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan_Raven:

The chicken was on its way to Russia to adopt an egg.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
what I mean is the fear, confusion, not always why dont new thread for the chickn. My history teacher understnds told me you wanted to hurt chicken?
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Pun homage from Bob! Eggselent!

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alexa
Member # 6285

- posted      Profile for Alexa           Edit/Delete Post 
Matrix boy says, "There is no chicken."
Posts: 1034 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Phantos: ((chicken))
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
*just realised what this thread is REALLY about*

*realises she was parodied last page*

[Grumble]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
Lalo: The chicken crossed the road because it was banned for posting a picture in a public domain. I suggest you read up on the subject before you post anymore about the chicken.

Umm, will I get in trouble for this?
space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! No more jokes for you, Space Opera!
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone probably posted this link somewhere in this thread, but i'll post it anyway.

Link

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
T_Smith:

To get free Ben and Jerry's.

want2write:

To avoid a disaster from the solar system it won't learn.

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

- posted      Profile for Lara   Email Lara         Edit/Delete Post 
Hatrack thread:

Thread originator: I was on my way to work this morning, and a chicken crossed the road in front of me. It wasn't a big deal, but it got me thinking. So what do you guys think about chickens crossing roads? Is it okay? I guess every chicken has a right to cross if it wants to, but... why? I don't know where I stand on this yet. What do you think? [Dont Know]

Poster #1: you could ask this guy

Poster #2: That subservient chicken thing was hilarious. I can't believe it was for real.

Poster #3: I know they have a right to do what they want, but I hit a chicken once and it was really hard to get over. I'm still afraid I'll hit a chicken every time I'm on the road.

Poster #4: (((poster #3)))

Poster #5: Chickens suck

Poster #3: Thanks. It's not that big of a deal

Poster #6: There's an article somewhere, I'll find it and get a link, with stats on chickens that cross roads. Something like 20 percent of them die before the age of 2. I figure its their own fault, if they're going to cross roads, they need to accept the consequences.

Very, insightful, poster #5.

Poster #5: -|-

Poster #7: If you can't link to the stats, you shouldn't post them at all. There's all kinds of misleading info out there hiding behind the word "Statistic"

Poster #8: You know, we already have a chicken thread

[ April 29, 2004, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: Lara ]

Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Its funnier if you put in names.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ok, well, poster number 3 is definately Slash.
Lara
Member # 132

Sorry, I deleted my post because it was lame. It's just hatrack. Get it? I think it's funny.
[ROFL]

Posts: 377 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

And five is mack?

That subservient chicken thing was hilarious. I can't believe it was for real.

Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Revenge:

Bob: The chicken crossed the road, well, that reminds me of Dana--smooch snicker smooch smooch.

DKW: Oh Bob. cuddle cuddle smooch smooch

Saccarine sweetness I can not type follows.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lara
Member # 132

Poster #2 is jehevoid [Smile]
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Sorry, I don't use smilies.
Lara
Member # 132

No problem
jehovoid
Member # 2014

Ha. nice.
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Phanto:

To escape the terrible, horrible, dreadful TROLLS!

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump* This was an Instant Classic.
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
AJ's grandma: the chicken is going to hell.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Because he saw the debate coming...

-Trevor

Edit: I think that was Olive's MIL...

[ October 02, 2004, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: TMedina ]

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
CStroman:

The chicken never crossed the road.

This is all just propaganda put forth by the Liberal Media to discredit him.

Really, the Democratic Roosters are getting desperate.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Lara: [ROFL]
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonide-- [ROFL]

Jen

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
WILLIAM SHAKESPEARE
Yet we said The Chicken was ambitious; and we are honourable men. So are we all, all honourable men.

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cecily
Member # 5675

- posted      Profile for Cecily           Edit/Delete Post 
I had to bump this!

[ROFL]

Posts: 75 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe that the majority of mine are a year and a half old.

Wow.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
The wise chicken is told about the Road, and crosses it. The average chicken is told about the Road and searches for it. The foolish chicken is told about the Road and laughs at it. If it were not for laughter, there would be no Road.

How could it be otherwise?

Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought it might be fun to bring this up to the top. We have a fairly different crop of people now than we did when this thread was active.

So, I'll start a new round:

Irami
I was underwhelmed by the chicken. In the end he was just some bird. A good story has a moralizing influence--I don't want to read about some chicken who scratches around in the dirt for bugs and then just walks across the road. Even if that's what most chickens are doing, I don't want to read about it.

[Edit--text of one of Irami's ivory tower posts, inadvertently included in the message, deleted]

[ March 29, 2005, 01:09 AM: Message edited by: Noemon ]

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think it's fair to just quote the subject, Noemon. [Smile] That said, you're on the right track.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Wha...but...but I didn't. Seriously. I had a bunch of text from various posts of this flavor pasted into the composition pane or whatever you call it that I was using for reference, but one of those passages somehow made it into the posted message, and about 90% of my intended post seems to have vanished. I'd be tempted to chalk it up to technical difficulties, but I'm afraid that, given the amount of sleep I got last night and the day I had today, user error is more likely.

Hell. What I had was pretty funny too.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

Noemon: Latest science news: Chicken crosses the road!

Scientists have determined a way to genetically enhance the chicken, to enable it to cross the road without any problems. A chicken who made it to the other side was examined, and found to have sores on its feet from the novelty of the long distance. With time, however, the evolutionary cycle will determine that ambitious chickens with road-crossing intentions will be able to cross the road AND maintain healthy foot conditions.

--

Isn't that cool? I wanted to share with Hatrack. [Smile]

Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
KoM: Because he doesn't believe in God. See, I TOLD you it was a fact! Don't argue the obvious......

Hobbes: To kiss [Kiss] Annie, of course..well, that si why I do it. She is cute, isn't she?

aspectre: Damn Bush, HE was chasing it right to Gitmo.

[ March 29, 2005, 02:10 AM: Message edited by: Kwea ]

Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
I love this thread.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Raia-- [Big Grin] I was thinking this morning about how I would parody myself, and was drawing a blank. You hit it though!
AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
How is it that I've never seen this thread before?

[Cool]

Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.