FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition (Page 0)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  21  22  23   
Author Topic: The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

- posted      Profile for Wigg the Wizard   Email Wigg the Wizard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a Wizard Bachelor. I don't need no stinkin' sleep, you silly Wench. That's OK, we'll take care of the other half-dozen lives tomorrow. Ultimate Fighting Championship is on.

And Avardu, try the vegetarian minestrone soup! I hear it's really good. *snicker*

Posts: 52 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Into the wild woods we go
Hiking uphill, through sleet and snow
Here and there the wind will blow
So into the wild woods we go

Signs will lie, grass on paths will grow
But still we trust that which we know
Ignore the blisters on your toe
Into the wild woods we go.

We can't rest, things are racing past
If we want to win, we must be fast
Above all else, we can't be last
The woods look like they'll be a blast

Pushing ourselves as hard as we can
Trying to feel like we're more like a man
If we get there its because we ran
Through the woods we'll go, if we can

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
How cute! Is that original, T?
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Yup.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

The hill has died, all flattened over
Plains are there, now rock where flower
Once grew. A Huge black smoking tower
Has drained the last of my power

Over stoney plain I travel
A sad sad story to unravel
The judge, I hear him banging gavel
For him over stoney plain I travel

Two hearts now one, I must prevail
If the other heart should fail
One will aloud to mountains wail.
The tower has become my jail.

I drained myself, nearly pushed too hard
A weary body dropped the gaurd
Then ran inside and played a card
But fell short just by a yard.

Theives and lies, words fill the air
All alone, where is my pair
I battled monsters, but lost my care
Till the second heart was there

Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I found Nimrodel wandering outside. I guess those wizards weren't a match for her or is it him?

That was lovely T.

I brought some mushrooms, boy is it good to be back here.

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

- posted      Profile for Nimrodel the Kitten   Email Nimrodel the Kitten         Edit/Delete Post 
Meow!

*is now Belle's fast friend, for her help in "The Wizard Incident"*

*has learned to run and hide at the first hint of a wizard approaching*

Posts: 22 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
::makes kitten soup::

Mmmmmm...

Dinner's ready.

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saruman
Member # 2275

- posted      Profile for Saruman           Edit/Delete Post 
**Grabs kitty, ties front legs to a horse's saddle, ties back legs to another horse's saddle, then slaps both horses on the butt**

RRRRIIIIIPPPPPP!

That made me hungry. I could sure go for a bowl of kitty soup.

**slurps soup**

Mmmmm..... kittenlicioius.

Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes]

Those boys. They make up such stories.

*gets Nimrodel some dinner*

Poor kitten. I'm sorry those darn wizards keep teasing you.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saruman
Member # 2275

- posted      Profile for Saruman           Edit/Delete Post 
**puts cyanide in Nimrod's dinner**
Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Well! The Wizards have moved out to a new tower! What shall we do with the Wizards' Basement, dear ladies?
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

- posted      Profile for Wigg the Wizard   Email Wigg the Wizard         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing, wench. We still own the basement, which is hereafter referred to as the Wizard's Bachelor Pad. Also Stud Central. And Cool Club.

We've just decided that, occassionally, we need a break from all the girliness and sissyfication rampant near our basement. It's not contagious but damned if it ain't annoying! Your stupid bubble-baths leak through the floor, did you ever think of that?!

Posts: 52 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

*sneaks down to the basement with a bucket of bubbly, sudsy, strawberry-scented water*

*quietly begins to clean one of the basement rooms*

Well, that's a start anyway. Darn, messy wizards.

*leaves a small vase of lilacs in the room, sneaks back upstairs*

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Good job, Vana.

I think we should covert them to rooms where some of our guests will feel comfortable.

Leave one corner dark and cave-like for the dwarves. For the Rangers, give them a cozy fire and a bunch of animal skins and cloaks to wrap up in and sleep and they're happy.

Faramir and his crew are a tad more sophisticated - they would actually prefer beds.

As for the elves, ask Legolas to help you with the decorating. He was raised in the underground elven halls in Mirkwood, he's got some great ideas for setting things up so it doesn't feel oppressive to the elves. Haldir and his crew will probably still prefer not to sleep down there - Lorien elves tend to be rather claustrophic, comes from all that sleeping in trees they do.

The Rivendell twins will be fine though, they used to spend summers at Mirkwood. If there isn't room for them, I've got some extra sleeping space in my room.

On the floor. They can sleep on the floor in my room.

Ahem.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

*snickers, and quickly leaves several burning pipes in the room. This quickly overpowers the girly aroma, replacing it with good old Southfarthing leaf*

*dumps out lilacs, uses vase as a spitoon and trashcan*

*redecorates the cleaned room with swimsuit calendars and Andrew Dice Clay quotes*

Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
::comes into the tavern, grabs her favorite stool, and refuses to budge::

I missed this place!!!!

::runs around hugging all the other wenches and the honorary wenches tightly::

School's out in one more week. Which means that 6 school days and 7 exams from now I'm temporarily free!!!!!!! [Smile]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

*brushes leaves out of her hair*

All this tramping over hill and dale is most uncomfortable, and most un-Hobbitlike. The Tavern will do quite nicely, though I prefer a Smial, usually.

But no more of this wet-bedrolls-on-the-mountainside for me, I tell you!

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Ugh! I need an Honorary Wench to haul these Orc-draught 6-packs over to the Wizard's Tower. But leave the empty cans here. I'm sure Gimli can figure out a way to recycle them. Leave it to a Wizard (not you, Gandalf) to find new ways to uglify the environment.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

*slumps in the corner next to the fire, with a steaming cup of Jenny's cammomile tea*

Ahhhh!

Belle
Member # 2314

*curls up on floor near Olivet with a cup of mint tea*

It's rainy and chilly out, so nice to be here in front of the fire.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

*walks into tavern room*

*sees a bare spot of wall*

*hangs new poster *

*leaves*

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Yes, I've been staring at that one for quite some time now at the theater...

Tis a very cool teaser.

[Smile]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

::grabs some Hot Cocoa and sits next to the fire::

It's a nice evening for a bit of cozy relaxing.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*looks at new poster*
*quite literally feels slightly weak at the knees*

Oh my land, he's, he's incredible. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
*drools*
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

*finds a place to sit that is also facing the new poster*

*sits there, tea in hand*

I hope we don't need any work done around here in the next couple days, because I don't think I could bear to leave this spot.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
*throws open door to the tavern and flops down dramatically*

What a journey I've been blessed to be on during the past few months. I'm unemployeed, lonely for human contact, completely destressafied and MARRIED. We were married in true elf fashion on a rocky river bed in Gaitlinburg. While crying thru my vows, I kept hearing "plop, plop...plop". My youngest son and my new four year old step-son were skipping rocks across the river. Classic!

I've thought of you often on my journey. I'm semi-back. I'm at the library. No internet hookup until the basement is finished. Is that fair? I don't think so...I'm trying to remedy that situation.

*hugs for all the wenches and Hatrack lurkers*

[ July 09, 2003, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Tammy ]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Tammy! [Smile]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
[Roll Eyes] I am so disappointed in you wenches. I'm sure Viggo would like to be appreciated for his mind, as well. Instead, you treat him like eye candy.

You wouldn't ever catch a man doing something like that. [Razz]

And welcome back Tammy. [Big Grin]

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Congrats, Tammy! Keep in touch. [Smile]

Zgator, he's an artist/poet/actor. In other words, his mind is total mush. [Wink] And it IS a headshot we're ogling. [Big Grin]

Vána
Member # 3262

Congratulations, Tammy!

And zgator, I can assure you that my love for Viggo, at least, extends beyond his amazing good looks. I got SignLanguage for my birthday (thank you, Lime!!) and it's amazing. I want more!

[Big Grin]

HatrackChess
Member # 5379

- posted      Profile for HatrackChess   Email HatrackChess         Edit/Delete Post 
*walks in*

Hello...

*looks around and sees old freinds*

It has been a long time since I last posted and I also changed names since as well, but I'm back, and had to visit the tavern.

So, what's up?

Posts: 200 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Welcome back, Chess!

Not much is up, really. We're just all hanging out, relaxing, awaiting the TTT release in August and the extended version in Nov. And, of course - December 17th.

Tammy - mega congrats! We want more details of the ceremony!

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
*gazes at poster in awe*

Wow. Just...wow.

That is so going on my wall.

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

Oh, by the way - congratulations, Tammy! (((Tammy))) [Big Grin]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

Now what is this doing on page 5?

~Jane~

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Doing what threads do best on page five. Nothing.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
::wanders in::

Is there any stew?

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

*Ladels up some stew.*

Here you go. [Smile]

Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
Boy the decor has improved while I was gone. Hope Elvenwench put one of those in my room.
*runs to her room to see*

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

- posted      Profile for Nimrodel the Kitten   Email Nimrodel the Kitten         Edit/Delete Post 
Meow?
Posts: 22 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

So.

I had this really weird LOTR dream last night, and I thought this might be the place to share it.

For some reason, I was out in or around Mordor and happened upon Sam and Frodo. They were sort of hiding in a rocky place and I gave them some food.

I was a big person in the dream , though, not a Hobbit. The food I gave them consisted of Juice boxes and those frozen WafFULLs that Liam really likes.

Frodo was really, really talkative, only I couldn't understand a word he said because of an unbelievably exaggerated series of speech impediments (that, and he was stuffing himself with WafFULLs).

That's it. [Eek!]

This disturbing glimpse into Olivet's psyche has been brought to you by Eggo WafFULLs, the only frozen waffle with real fruit filling. [Evil]

Vána
Member # 3262

What a cool dream!
Olivet
Member # 1104

I guess 'cool' as in 'frozen waffle' works, but from where I sit it was just bizarre. [Big Grin]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah... Well, cross-series dreams are the weirdest.

I once had a dream that me and a stranger were in Jurassic Park, and we had to rescue, Frodo, Sam, and Gollum, except there were literally two Gollums, one good and one bad. The good one was warm and cuddly, and the bad one was slimy. We got in the jurassic park van and drove away. It was odd.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

You know, Ryuko, the more I get to know you, the better I like you. [Wave]
JaneX
Member # 2026

I had a cross-series dream the other night, too. It was kind of like HP and the COS, except instead of a basilisk, the monster was Gollum. And I was trying to rescue Ginny from Gollum. It was pretty funny. [ROFL]

~Jane~

Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm being a bad bumper. So sue me.
Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.