FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition (Page 16)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  21  22  23   
Author Topic: The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition
Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
Well snickerdoodles for one thans to bananaOj
and my favorite I call holiday nuggets others call mexican wedding cookies.

Always the ever popular chocolate chip.

I also think we should throw in a batch of those double dutch chocolate miniature cakes. Sort of a chocolate cupcake with a melted cream cheese and chocolate chip center.

I'm hungry already!

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Ever had those gooey pecan treats that are cooked in tiny cupcake tins? yummmmmmmm
Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Those all sound wonderful!

*gets to work*

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
BannaOj: I love those!!!

::gets to work making an extra large batch::

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*gets back with tree*

We're back!

What's a snickerdoodle?

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

They're really yummy cookies...but I've never made them, so I don't really know what goes into them. They're sort of a spicy version of sugar cookies, I think.
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Basically sugar cookies with cinnamon and sugar on top.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

Bannaoj do you have the recipe for those pecan thingies?

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

mmmmmmm......sounds good
Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

*sleeply wanders into the kitchen for a nice cup of hot chocolate*

*Sits staring at the fire while sipping, thinking of the holiday season and enjoying the warmth*

Pixie
Member # 4043

::hands Fael a blanket and a pass good for one day without studying::
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

We're going to have quite a crowd here in a couple of days, I bet. Perhaps we should stock up on the ale, wine, and apple beer, make up some extra food and desserts, and scrub the bathtubs. Anyone willing to help me out?

*heads upstairs to start scrubbing*

Pixie
Member # 4043

::is already working on the extra food bit::

::sighs:: I need a nap. Too many tests, etc. Too little sleep, etc. ::yawns and gets back to work::

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
*gets a cup of hot chocolate*

*curls up by the fire next to Fael*

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
*joins the fireside crowd*

*blissfully ignores the fact that her in-laws are coming tomorrow*

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
*Jenny enters the room with wet hair, wearing a fluffy bathrobe. Gandalf strolls in behind her in similar garb. His beard is wet.*

Hey ladies! The downstairs hot springs room is fixed. I'm gonna dry my hair up here now. Are there still some cookies?

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, there's plenty. The fire is getting low though, Gandalf do you think you could help us out with it?

The Rangers of Ithilien are bringing in some more wood.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

Thanks Pixie..

*snuggles under blanket and watche the colorful fire Gandalf has created for the holidays*

ohhh that looks cool!

Pixie
Member # 4043

::comes out of kitchen with flour across face and on sweater::

I think the kitchen hobbits will be okay without me for awhile. :;shakes head:: They're always stealing the food and, by the time it hits the oven, half of it's missing.

::sits by fire sipping tea::

jebus202
Member # 2524

- posted      Profile for jebus202   Email jebus202         Edit/Delete Post 
::walks in through front door::

Alas, me ladies I have returned. Wenches! Prepare my sleeping room, and fetch me a jug of ail.

Posts: 3564 | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

Jebus, the boys are in the basement. As for the ale (not ail!!!)...

::hands jebus large tray of ale and cakes:: Take these downstairs with you, if you don't mind. Thanks.

xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
*wanders out of corner, blinking in the light*

*leaves link to The Very Secret Diary of Aragorn, son of Arathorn, Part Two*

*grabs some lembas and a random elf, and wanders back into the corner*

--xnera

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

*walks over to see what Xnera left*

*picks up Aragorn's secret diary*

*hastly puts it down and goes back by fire*

Fael
Member # 3015

*Boy is sure is lonely in the tavern with everyone gone for the holidays*

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
*sits by fire with Fael*

Yeah, you said it.

*sips hot cocoa*

Wanna play some scrabble with the Rohirrim?

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Shhh! Don't let anybody know we're still here!

*Returns to her coccoon by the fire. The blanket only opens to reveal a hand reaching for a mug of hot chocolate. The other hand holds a book*

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

*whispers*
sure Elvenwench, I'm not good at scrabble but I'm game.

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
They say they don't want to play. *sigh* I only have the Tengwar version.

They're just afraid we'll beat them.

So, I suppose it's just a quiet night in front of the fire with a good book.

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

That's good for me too.

*snuggles back and continues to read*

Pixie
Member # 4043

Tengwar version? I'll play! I got bored earlier in the year and taught myself.
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
*Admits ignorance*

I don't even know what that is. Teach me?

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

As far as I know, it's not something that can be taught online. Tengwar is one of the written languages developed for LOTR. (It's the really curvy style of writing seen on the ring and above the entrance into Moria.)
Toretha
Member # 2233

I dunno-I bet if you tried really hard, you could come up with a way to teach it online
Sharkey
Member # 4336

- posted      Profile for Sharkey           Edit/Delete Post 
Are you wenches still playing house?

*walks downstairs*

Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

Feel free to download the Tengwar fonts - I have all of them on my computer. What better way to teach yourself, than type in tengwar and get a feel for the transliterations?

http://user.tninet.se/~xof995c/tengscribe.htm

Fael
Member # 3015

Go ahead sharkey, you can check to see if anyone is down there. Those of us here are still in vacation mode.

Of course there seems to be a couple of adventurous ones that are into mind games.

*sips her hot chocolate and goes back to reading*

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

*Jenny quietly snuffs out the candles, blows a kiss into the darkness, and then shuts the door. She slips the One Key to the Wenches' Tavern into her pocket.*

We'll be back soon.

Wenches, I'll see you at WenchCon! Those of you who cannot attend in person, I know, will be with us in spirit.

Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
*cries*

in spirit... yeah...

*cries some more*

I'm expecting a full report with pics and all.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
Not that anyone's reading this thread, being all together IRL and all, but...

Has anyone seen this:

http://boards.straightdope.com/sdmb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138905

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

Wow. I love the Mikado one...
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

*staggers out of woods, dropping shreds of grey rope along the way*

Sorry, I didn't mean to be gone so long. I got tied up with some of the Lothlorien elves.

I passed Bilbo Baggins on the Road a ways back. He's coming to the Tavern for a visit. Wenches! We need to tidy up. If we impress the old hobbit, he might put us in his book. We'll be famous!

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
*promptly prepares and eggs and bacon breakfast, and breaks out the good handkerchiefs*
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Oh, yes, and I hear Miss Rosie Cotton is coming with him. Rakeesh? Will you make sure she is kept occupied?
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
You sure you'd want to trust Rakeesh to that job? He might bring her to a chat room!

How were the Lothlorien Elves?

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Like Bilbo said to Gandalf, Ms. Head Wench, "This will be a night to remember." I'll take on this solemn obligation, for the good of the Tavern
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Maeth, the Elves had facial expressions. Does that answer your question?
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Rakeesh has recently been promoted. He has anticipated Bilbo's needs and has been of invaluable service during WenchCon.
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
*comes in from the garden with a tray of fresh veggies and mushrooms and two small glass jars.*

Mistress Jenny! I have the mint and Chamomile for the teas, and plenty of fresh mushrooms for the elder Master Baggins. I have the best hobbit chair warming by the fire and a fresh bag of Old Toby. I should make some of those little cakes he likes!"

*scampers off into kitchen*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
::goes into kitchen to make yummy chicken mushroom tortelini dish with lemon thyme sauce::

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

*walks in drops cloak on chair*
Just let me catch my breath.....

All I can say is Wow... Gimili !!!

Jenny I desperately need some of your Chamomile tea. A person needs to calm her soul after a weekend like that.

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16  17  18  19  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.