FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition (Page 17)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs all the returning Wenches*

I've missed you so!

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Vana, you MUST come next year. We got all silly and Giggly and made a spectacle of ourselves. It was Grand

And I just want to remind everyone that:

Context Is Everything.

Most of us were in a sleep-deprivation equivalent of really, really drunk.

And, incidentally, Rakeesh was totally right about Pippin.

*wanders off to serve the Hobbits and join them in a meal of that wonderful pasta and mushroom AMBROSIA that she cannot praise in strong enough terms.*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wondering how long it would be until the pasta ambrosia made its entrance in the tavern kitchen.

The only words to describe that dish are: Oh.My.Eru.

Context may be everything, but some people need to think before they speak. Look for the thread entitled "Context may or may not be everything" coming later tonight.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh oh oh Bilbo Baggins is coming here?!?

I'm so excited!!! I so love his writings!!!

I'll be in his book!!!

*faints*

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny, I do hope that while you were in Lorien you extended an invitation to Celeborn to come join us? I know he would like a visit to the tavern for a change of scenery, and he's certainly welcome. A strawberry-scented bubble bath would ease that tension we always see on his face, and I'd love to see that silver hair braided. Perhaps Fael can show me how to do that nifty elf braid she was wearing all weekend.
Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
>sigh< A good Wench never gets enough sleep.

Well, it's back to the kitchen for a bit. Tea all 'round, and I'll mix up a large batch of pasta ambrosia.

Celeborn promises to visit soon, ElvenWench. Galadriel is hostessing some Ringbearer Reunion, and he'd rather hang out here at the Tavern with us. So, I suppose he'll be here a couple days after Bilbo leaves.

Oh, and Haldir is coming with him.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladyday
Member # 1069

- posted      Profile for ladyday   Email ladyday         Edit/Delete Post 
::blushes at mention of Haldir::

I'm going to get the rooms ready for our visitors! Any ideas for entertainment? I think Bilbo would be thrilled with the chance to perform a song with the elves, but I'm not sure of a good way to bring them together.

Posts: 1676 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been thinking we need some new clothing around here. *looks distastefully at her worn frock*

What do you think of these?

Or perhaps these?

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Those are lovely!

*is especially fond of the green skirt in the second picture*

[This message has been edited by Vána (edited January 09, 2003).]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the brown skirt with (I think) blue apron in the first pic.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

I want this one.

Really, really badly.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

I want this one.

knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
i already have one. go here and look at the prom pictures.

Edited because i can't make the code work.

Ni!

[This message has been edited by knightswhosayni! (edited January 10, 2003).]

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Love the desktop.

mMmmRRRrrOOoOOWWwwrrr

Can he come to the tavern?

knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
mmmmm...of course he can come, just as long as you share.

that's just the one i happened to have when we had the post your desktop thread.
I change so often, there's no saying what's on my desktop at any given moment.
here is where i get most of my chrighton pics.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny,
Here is a large basket of fresh mushrooms for you to use in the pasta ambrosia.

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Why thank you! There's more than enough here to feed an entire borough of hobbits.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

*begins to sweat*

Ooooohhh! Chills are creeping up my neck! That means only one thing - the Nazgul are back.

Nazgrrrls! We need you down here! These creepy guys are going to frighten Mr. Bilbo.

Vána
Member # 3262

When is Bilbo scheduled to arrive, now that you mention it?
Olivet
Member # 1104

He arrived this morning, just in time for elevenses. He's in the Hobbit Manicure/pedicure room now. I just came out to get him a snack.
Vána
Member # 3262

Oh, lovely. I must have somehow missed his arrival. But, we can't all be attentive all the time.

I'd best make sure that fire is properly tended! It can get pretty cold in here if the fire dies down too far.

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*

So...what's this "pasta ambrosia" I hear about? Is is kosher?

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

Sis, I dunno, I think so. I've always been a little fuzzy on what's kosher.
the Pasta Ambrosia is tortellini, chicken, mushrooms and a lemon thyme sauce.

::still can't find a recipe for a lemon thyme sauce anywhere::

Ni!

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
*Wanders in to try pasta ambrosia*

I have four different recipes for lemon-thyme sauce, if you're really looking.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a confession to make. I just watched the Fellowship of the Rings for the first time today. Yes, I know, I'm an alien from a far away galaxy.

I want to be an elf so bad I can't stand it.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

Tammy, that means you MUST come to wenchcon next year. I might let you borrow my cloak, if jenny will let me wear a ring wraith one.

dkw, I'd try all four, if i wasn't living in a dorm. Post them, though, I'm sure people who actually have kitchens are interested.

Ni!

Tammy
Member # 4119

knightswhosayni! you don't understand, I mean I really want to be an elf now.

*wistful smile*

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

Chicken. Meh. That means it's not. Unless, of course, it's kosher chicken...

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

*pats Tammy soothingly*

We do understand. Trust me.

Tammy
Member # 4119

*bottom lip stickin out a little too far*

I'm in bad shape. Now I understand the complete love affair everyone has with Frodo, Legolas and Aragorn.

The eyes, oh the eyes!

*greedily takes all the comfort she can get from those who understand and know*

Snuffles
Member # 4332

- posted      Profile for Snuffles   Email Snuffles         Edit/Delete Post 
::coughbugeyedfreakcough::

Grrr!

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

*looks around for Mac's stick to bonk Snuffles on the head with*

Snuffles
Member # 4332

- posted      Profile for Snuffles   Email Snuffles         Edit/Delete Post 
::brandishes quiet stick::

grrr!

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

Sis, couldn't you make it with kosher chicken? No one should miss out on the pasta ambrosia.

Ni!

Olivet
Member # 1104

*Olivetta the Hobbitess wanders in and hugs Tammy the Elf's knees.*

In the Tavern, you can be anything you want.

'Bug-eyed freak' is mine. I started it. So you have to put a little (tm.Olivet) next to it when you use it.

Elijah Wood is a bug-eyed freak, but Frodo is wonderful.

*sighs*

Tho Pippin is loads more fun.

*Serves Hobbits more Pasta Ambrosia, with extra mushrooms...*

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

*holds out plate*

I need pasta ambrosia too, please!

Then I need some hot chamomile tea 'cause I'm not feeling well.

knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

oh, fine.

Ni!

Vána
Member # 3262

I just love all of you. You know that, right? 'Cause I really do.

knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

We love you too, Vana.

Ni!

JaneX
Member # 2026

*holds out plate for kosher pasta ambrosia*

*hugs Vána*

~Jane~

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

sounds like it's time for a group wench hug.

*hug*

Now, I am thinking this is a good night for some hot cocoa and/or hot tea in front of the fire. Preferably with some ranger company.

*calls back over shoulder*

Elladan? Elrohir? Would you and any of the Dunedain like to come over near the fire? Feel free to bring Faramir and any of his Ithilien rangers with you.

knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

::swipes Aragorn::

Ni!

Tammy
Member # 4119

<----bends down to return Olivetta the Hobbitess' hug.

Sends "feel better" wishes to ElvenWench!

Sends "lovin feelings" to Vana.

:doesn't flinch a bit when Ni grabs Aragorn, her previously favorite:

Due to his quiet dignity, Legolas has won her over...and beauty, musn't forget the beauty.

*awaits his arrival impatiently*

Mrs. Legolas Greenleaf ...hmmmmm Tammy Greenleaf. Yes...I like it.

[This message has been edited by Tammy (edited January 17, 2003).]

knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

Well, i only want Aragorn becasue Faramir's nose is just the slightest bit too pointy.

Ni!

Sharkey
Member # 4336

- posted      Profile for Sharkey           Edit/Delete Post 
How about Tammy Sharkey?
Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

*has a thing for noses with character*

Hey, Wenches! Take a look at this:

http://users3.ev1.net/~eekfrenzy/captionspage/badfotrcaptionsx.html

Some really badly subtitled LotR things.

Do not drink while reading...

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

too pointy????

Blasphemy!

That intense gaze, that ginger hair, that strength of character "Then it is forfeit."

*swoons*

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
You really should call it something else other than "ginger", Ms. ElvenWench.

Sounds kinda girly.

*snicker*

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

especially in one of the profile shots.
he's really pretty, just as long as he doesn't turn sideways.

::is picky about noses::

Ni!

Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
How about Tammy Sharkey?

Flattered beyond belief, but alas, no one wants someone who is love sick over another, do they?

Drats...now I HAVE to see Two Towers. Must feed my new addiction.

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.