FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition (Page 18)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
methinks Tammy may be persuaded to join us for some rounds of action-figure sculpting at WenchCon 2003.
Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
I am so there. Marking calender now.

Hurry and give me the dates so I can "unmark" some of this calender.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, good, 'cause it was hard coming up with those poses all by myself.

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

- posted      Profile for ElvenWench   Email ElvenWench         Edit/Delete Post 
Your creativity is unmatched, head wench.

We absolutely *must* get a Legolas figure before next year's gathering.

Posts: 278 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
i think i've got that one covered. I'll steal my sister's legolas, and her strider, too, if i can wrangle it.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas
Member # 3074

- posted      Profile for Legolas   Email Legolas         Edit/Delete Post 
Tammy-I believe you were looking for me?

Posts: 70 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

Where have you been all my life?

*dreamy sigh*

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Snuffles
Member # 4332

- posted      Profile for Snuffles   Email Snuffles         Edit/Delete Post 
Probably brushing his hair.

grrrr!

Posts: 72 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Unless there are no objections, I thought we would be looking at the weekend of Martin Luther King day for next year, because that would give most of those in school and working an extra Monday to recuperate before returning to class/work.

That would mean it's almost exactly one year away!

To be more specific - WenchCon 2004 would begin on Friday, January 16 and run through Sunday January 18.

Olivia, Fael - those of you that know the Bham area, would you rather locate in the Trussville area, where 459 meets Hwy 11 and go to the Trussville theater (fairly new, clean, stadium seating and good sound) or locate off 280 closer to the Summit?

Lots of restaurants and things to do on 280, but also much more crowded and harder to get around. No shortage of restaurants in Trussville, though but it's a slower paced area. And closer to my house, should we do anything here.

Just think about it. I guess we'll need to start more formal planning here pretty soon - I also have a 25th anniversary party to plan this year.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

- posted      Profile for knightswhosayni!   Email knightswhosayni!         Edit/Delete Post 
OOh..I dunno how that would work for ken and I, I suppose i could come on my own, and fly this time.
Eh, we've got a year to figure it out.

Ni!

Posts: 828 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

kwsni, that was just one suggestion - we will start a formal discussion thread later - nothing, repeat nothing, is set in stone.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like a great idea! 'Specially for us teachers.
Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Legolas
Member # 3074

I was living with the other elves. But now that I've found this wonderful tavern....I stay here now!
Posts: 70 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Yes, the Mirkwood elves hang out at the Tavern quite often.

Do you know, ladies, that Barliman Butterbur has just arrived to sample our ale? He has challenged us - he claims that there is no better brew to be found than that at the Prancing Pony! And then Beorn claims that his honey mead is the tastiest. I don't know what to do... should we have a contest?

Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*pulls out books on brewing fine ale*

*goes back to get started*

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Belle, Ela says that depending on Shlomo's midterm schedule (and possibly on when I'm planning to visit colleges), that weekend might be do-able for us. We'll have to wait and see, but at least that response sounds somewhat positive...

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gimli
Member # 4529

- posted      Profile for Gimli           Edit/Delete Post 
*stroking his beard thoughtfully

... hmmm ... methinks there be Wenches 'round this corner ...

Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tammy
Member # 4119

quote:
To be more specific - WenchCon 2004 would begin on Friday, January 16 and run through Sunday January 18.

Markin my calendar.

Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds lovely!

As for the ale challenges - yes, let's have a contest! But who will judge? Probably a mix of people would be best. A dwarf, an elf, a man, and a hobbit? I don't know! It's just a suggestion.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

Definitely Pippin and Merry should judge.

Elves aren't much for ale, they prefer wine, but I betcha we could convince Legolas to help judge. Gimli knows his ale, he can judge. As for men, methinks your best bet is Eomer.

Legolas
Member # 3074

You say Eomer, but only because you don't realize how many days Aragorn spend drinking in taverns while he was out ranger-ing!
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
No, he mostly smoked.

*Realizes that she has just exposed herself as a long-term Aragorn Stalker. *

Or so I'm Told. *cough*

*scurries off*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

I thought it was awfully kind of Bilbo to bring this chart with him when he came to vist. Now we can finally make sense of that statement!
Belle
Member # 2314

ACK! The horrors!

The tavern was on page 3!

*glances around*

The place is looking a bit neglected, I think it needs some cleaning.

Hobbits - half of you clean floors (you're closer to them) the other half go out and work in the garden.

Rangers - clean up the common room.

Rohirrim - stable duty.

Elves - half of you go clean bedrooms, the other half lend a hand to the wenches in the kitchen.

Dwarves - go down and clean the cellar and basement.

That should get things looking a little better.

knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

::follows Rohirrim to stable::

Ni!

Vána
Member # 3262

*reviews list of duties*

I guess that means I should be in the kitchen with the Elves.

What are we making? Whatever it is, there'd better be a lot of it. Everyone's going to be very, very hungry after all that cleaning.

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

It's also cold out, so I suggest several different types of good, hearty soups and stews. Elves are great cooks, as you know, so that's why I sent half of them to the kitchen.

The other half needs to come upstairs to the bedrooms with me....so we can air out some of the mattresses.

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

I guess I'd better go watch those hobbits in the garden. No telling what they'll try to make off with!

*runs out to protect her herb garden*

Mother_Toretha
Member # 3943

- posted      Profile for Mother_Toretha   Email Mother_Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
(just pretend I'm posting under my normal username-Mother Toretha would be horrified to be caught dead or alive in here)

*goes off to help Rangers in common room*

mmmm...rangers....

[This message has been edited by Mother_Toretha (edited January 23, 2003).]

Posts: 49 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Whew!

We've got a very large amount of soup and stew in here. Should help everyone warm up.

How's all the other work going?

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

The upstairs bedrooms are looking great. We opened the windows and let the sunshine in, and we flipped all the mattresses and put on fresh linens.

Haldir and the Lorien elves took rugs outside and beat them, while some of the Mirkwood elves scoured the garden for flowers that to bring inside.

Every room smells fresh and beautiful and has lovely flowers in it.

Vána
Member # 3262

Isn't it nice having the Vala of Springtime around the Tavern?
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

*Enters the Tavern smelling of crushed herbs, with dirt and greenery all over her dress*

The herb garden has been well tended!

(Humming a merry tune)

I'll just bring these strewing herbs for the floors, to keep things nice. After that, looks like a bath for me!

Oh, is that you, Faramir? Yes, of course you may come up to my room. I just got in some new Herbals, and perhaps you'd like to see what I've done in the Paradise Room? If you don't mind, I could use a little help scrubbing that spot on my back that I never can quite reach...

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

*sees that her favorite son of Gondor is heading upstairs with JennyGardener*

*is relieved that there is no such thing as jealousy in the wenches tavern*

*decides to go for a long leisurely walk in the woods with Legolas just to prove her point*

Tammy
Member # 4119

Okay..I'm alright with your long walk with my man.

I'm not going to announce this to the world, only the wenches.

I got engaged this weekend. Woo Hoo! My finger is soooooo heavy this morning.

Legolas...my love, I must share you with another man.

Alas, he's not an elf. He's mortal.

edited...because I said FAIRY....I meant ELF...geesh!

[This message has been edited by Tammy (edited January 27, 2003).]

Belle
Member # 2314

Oh Tammy!

*squeal*

A bridal shower in the tavern! We must get to planning!

Tammy
Member # 4119

*blushes*

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats!
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
knightswhosayni!
Member # 4096

Yay Tammy!
Congrats.

Ni!

Vána
Member # 3262

quote:
Legolas...my love, I must share you with another man.

Tammy, Tammy. I though you were the one who got engaged?

Congratulations, by the way.

[This message has been edited by Vána (edited January 27, 2003).]

Tammy
Member # 4119

Thank you. Thank you!

Okay, they must share me.

Oh...I don't know.

Okay...Legolas my love, we're over. I'm marrying a mortal.

*weeps for not being an elf*

[This message has been edited by Tammy (edited January 27, 2003).]

Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
*Comes dow to see Tammy's ring*
I was studying upstairs when this wonderful Elf came in to clean my bedroom. Of course I had to help and .....Well we are through now.

Heard about Tammy's good news Congrats Tammy!

I think I'd like some of that stew right now.

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Don't worry, dear ones. The Tavern is located out of time and worlds. Here, we are all Wenches. You can still have your bachelorette party with Legolas and the Mirkwood boys!
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
*squeals*

Congratulations, Tammy! *hugs*

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

I hate to be a downer since we're in a celebratory mood with Tammy and all, but I had a bad day.

I need some snuggle time in front of the fire. Any elves or rangers volunteer to make me feel better?

Jenny, perhaps you could recommend a good soothing herbal tea. Some hot tea in front of the fire with some nice company followed by a strawberry bubble bath might make things easier to cope with.

Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Actually, I'd recommend lavender in the bath. And sip some chamomile tea. And have one handsome, wise elf massage your shoulders.

The Wenches will be sending dinner up to your room. Come back down whenever you're ready.

((ElvenWench))

ElvenWench
Member # 3113

Thank you! I'm feeling much better today.

Elves have very strong hands, must be from all the archery.

The lavender bath was perfect and your chamomile tea is always sublime, Dear Jenny.

Vána
Member # 3262

*relaxes in front of the fire with a lovely glass of spiced wine and a handsome Ranger*

I love this place.

Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
*walks in and takes a look around*

I heard a rumor and I thought I'd check it out myself

Congrats Tammy!

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElvenWench
Member # 3113

It's a sad, sad day today, America, India, and Israel are all reeling from the tragedy.

It's nice to come to place like the tavern and take comfort. In a place that exists outside time, one can forget your cares for a while.

I think I'll sip some cocoa over here by the fire.

Perhaps some of the elves would sing for us to soothe our troubled souls tonight.

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.