FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition (Page 22)

This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23   
Author Topic: The Wenches Tavern Two Towers Edition
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
What happened to Tammy? I haven't seen her around in a while.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I've been wondering the same thing.

I was going to give her until the end of the week before I started a thread to find her. I don't have an e-mail address for her. Does anyone else?

She hasn't posted anything for two weeks! [Frown]

[ April 16, 2003, 03:53 PM: Message edited by: Vána ]

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Vana, but no such luck here. [Frown]
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Vana, will you send me some lovely spring weather for my May Party (see May Revel at Jenny's House thread)?

All of you lovely Wenches are invited, of course. I know that you would love it! And of course Significant Others and kiddos are invited, too!

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Of course, Jenny. [Smile]
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Wenches, you wouldn't believe which page I found this on!!! We need to keep the place up, else no one will visit! And you wouldn't want those poor boys to have no place to stay, no place to be comforted after their long quests...

Today's dinner:

A bed of spinach leaves decorously laid across a plate, topped with nuts, parmesan, and crab meat. The dressing of your choice over all. Served with May wine and cheese and crackers and fresh melons.

Bon appetit!

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kwsni
Member # 1831

- posted      Profile for kwsni   Email kwsni         Edit/Delete Post 
mmm.
How did youre party go, head wench?

Ni!

Posts: 1925 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Yes, how did it all go? Did the good weather get there alright for you?
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
*Sweeps into tavern carrying elaborate four-tier cake she has spent all day decorating*

It's time to celebrate Vana's birthday!

the elves have baked extra lembas, and we have plenty of the Gaffer's old brew, not to mention some incredible Rivendell wine.

Let's party!

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

*hugs Belle*

You're the best. [Big Grin] Thank you!

*enjoys some cake, and some lembas, and some wine*

Mmmm...a lovely evening. [Smile]

Toretha
Member # 2233

- posted      Profile for Toretha   Email Toretha         Edit/Delete Post 
*puts down mug of ale and sighs*

ah, that was a proper fourteen-twenty, that was!

*Toasts Vana*

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
*hugs Vána and hands her a flower*

Happy birthday. [Smile]

(Mine's on Friday.)

~Jane~

[ May 11, 2003, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: JaneX ]

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

*hugs JaneX*

Hey, everyone! Come look at my new nephew!

*proudly shows the baby around the tavern*

He's got pretty big feet - do you think he's a hobbit? [Wink]

(Actually, I do have some pictures, but no where to host them. Anyone want to put them up for me? Send me an e-mail.)

[ May 12, 2003, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Vána ]

JaneX
Member # 2026

Oooh! Can I hold him? I love babies! [Big Grin]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
*enters, looks around*

Helloooooo?

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

Hello, Olivet.....

how are you doing? I'm not feeling very well. [Frown] I was hoping for some nice chicken soup and some elven company tonight.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

Aww... [Frown]

I can help you with part of that...*dishes out some chicken soup and brings it to Belle*

Now where are all those elves? [Smile]

~Jane~

Legolas
Member # 3074

- posted      Profile for Legolas   Email Legolas         Edit/Delete Post 
*bounces in* did someone ask for elves?
Posts: 70 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

*pouting*

I'm all stressed out and need some company. Preferably someone sensitive and good with a ballad. Is Faramir around?

Belle
Member # 2314

Actually, Jenny he's in my room. He was....um....checking out my book collection, you know what a scholary bent he has.

I'll send him right down to you.

Olivet
Member # 1104

Elladan and Elrohir have specifically asked permission to nurse ElvenWench back to health.

I said, "Sure, knock yourselves out."

The have to be nearly as good as Elrond at the Elvish medicine thing, right?

*curls up by the fire with a book of elvish poetry*

Ah, it's good to be back.

*wiggles toes*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

*walks back into the Tavern*

I've really missed this place. But, I've been busy bringing Spring to the rest of Middle Earth. Thankfully, I'm just about done. [Smile]

I've brought back a kitten! Isn't she beautiful? Such lovely long hair, and three of her limbs are white! That's close enough - I think I'll call her Nimrodel. [Smile]

[Alright, so her name's really Valentine. But while she's in the Tavern, her name's going to be Nimrodel.]

Anyone want to play with her?

Olivet
Member # 1104

I love to pet kitties! May I ?

Oh, and be sure to watch Gollum if he comes in while Nimrodel is here.

Toretha
Member # 2233

AWWW! just what every tavern needs-a kitten!

*goes to making drinks singing "her hair was long, her limbs were white and fair she was and free..."

Posts: 3493 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
::peeks into the tavern, and sees the kitty:: Oooooh!
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Do you think a Hobbit could learn to fling herself onto a galloping pony the way Legolas did on the horse in TT?

That was... really... cool.

Nimrodel the Kitten
Member # 5244

- posted      Profile for Nimrodel the Kitten   Email Nimrodel the Kitten         Edit/Delete Post 
Meow!

*purrs at Toretha for singing a song about her*

*runs off to the kitchen, hoping to find a treat*

Posts: 22 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
*sticks head in Tavern*

Does anyone have a nice room available complete with goose down pillows and a down comforter, for a tired Hobbit? This hobbit will soon be back downstairs for drinking and carousing as soon as she sleeps enough and the dark circles leave from under her eyes.

<sigh, stuck at work for another 40 minutes and i'm sooo tired, I haven't been able to keep my eyes open all day>

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

*shows BannaOj to one of their finest Hobbit rooms*

Take a rest, but don't miss dinner. That delightful mushroom and chicken Ambrosia is onthe menu. [Smile]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
<-- hungry
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
Mmmm musroom and chicken Ambrosia. Definitely hearty hobbit fare. I might just have to wake up for that. Though if you don't see me at dinner don't wake me up. This hobbit is that tired!

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

*Sets out bowl of cream for Nimrodel*

It's nice to have such a sweet pussy here in the tavern.

"Pussycat, pussycat, where have you been?
I've been to Lorien to look at the queen.
Pussycat, pussycat, what did you there?
I frightened a little orc under her chair!"

Saruman
Member # 2275

- posted      Profile for Saruman           Edit/Delete Post 
**Wanders back into thread after long hiatus.**

Isn't about time you wenches started a Return of the King thread?

Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

Hey Saruman! Bet you an ale that you can't turn yourself into a mouse!

*winks at Wenches*

Saruman
Member # 2275

**gets out gunny sack, scoops up kitty, puts into gunny sack, ties the end, then throws it into the river**
Posts: 651 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

- posted      Profile for Wigg the Wizard   Email Wigg the Wizard         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude, what're you doin' up there, anyway? Quit screwing around, Monster Garage is on. Man, they're turning a hot dog cart into a drag-racer!
Posts: 52 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Toretha
Member # 2233

*rescues kitty*

*gets out stick and beats Saruman up*

Saruman
Member # 2275

**gets kitty back, holds it under water til it's limp**
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

- posted      Profile for Wigg the Wizard   Email Wigg the Wizard         Edit/Delete Post 
*sigh*

Fine, Sar, you wanna do this, let's do it in efficient, manly fashion. Cats have nine lives, so I'll go get some beers while you take care of one life, and I'll chug while you take care. Then we'll switch. I'd like to get this over with as soon as possible.

And what is that little girl doing? Trying to beat you with a toothpick? *burps an incantation* Why, I do believe she is. Silly female.

Posts: 52 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saruman
Member # 2275

**stomps on kitty's head**

Ok, now it's your turn....

Belle
Member # 2314

*shakes head at the antics of wizards with nothing better to do than annoy the wenches*

*sips miruvor*

*tries to decide whether she'll spend the evening helping Legolas braid his hair or reading in the library with Faramir*

*decides that choices are not mutually exclusive*

Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
And I thought the baby with 9 mouths was disturbing.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
*stumbles wearily into tavern* What's a girl gotta do for some nice vegetarian cuisine and a drink 'round here? I'm good at cleaning (hint: will work for food). Right now, though, I am tired. *falls asleep with head on table*
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

*chucks beer bottle*

*burps*

*develops New and Improved Method of Skinning Feline*

*snickers whilst pouring beef stock into the vegetarian stew*

Belle
Member # 2314

*spikes Wigg's next beer with a sedative*

Once Wigg passes out, rescues kitty and attends to it with elvish healing skills*

Welcome Avadaru! Once you wake up you'll find a lot of great food in the kitchen, and fresh veggies and fruits from Jenny Gardener's garden.

Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
*wakes up, absentmindedly strokes kitten while munching on fresh veggies*

Thanks, Belle [Smile]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wigg the Wizard
Member # 4004

I'm a Wizard Bachelor. I don't need no stinkin' sleep, you silly Wench. That's OK, we'll take care of the other half-dozen lives tomorrow. Ultimate Fighting Championship is on.

And Avardu, try the vegetarian minestrone soup! I hear it's really good. *snicker*

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Into the wild woods we go
Hiking uphill, through sleet and snow
Here and there the wind will blow
So into the wild woods we go

Signs will lie, grass on paths will grow
But still we trust that which we know
Ignore the blisters on your toe
Into the wild woods we go.

We can't rest, things are racing past
If we want to win, we must be fast
Above all else, we can't be last
The woods look like they'll be a blast

Pushing ourselves as hard as we can
Trying to feel like we're more like a man
If we get there its because we ran
Through the woods we'll go, if we can

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

How cute! Is that original, T?
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 23 pages: 1  2  3  ...  19  20  21  22  23   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.