FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I had forgotten what it feels like... (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I had forgotten what it feels like...
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
You could lie like a rug and tell them you were looking for a serious commitment and then leave them at your whim.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I think pH would probably call that villainous too
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Well, if you're going to be damned if you do or damned if you don't, might as well go for the gusto. My experience is that even though women *say* they like honesty, what they really mean to say is that they want guys to tell them what they want to hear as honestly sounding as possible. PLUS, after a while, if you really do actually become evil, women will be beating down your door to go out with you. I mean, even moreso than they are now.

Of course, I just like to hold hands. So, you know, don't mind me.

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You know all of those surveys that say that 90% of women look for humor in man more than good looks? They're all filthy rotten lies!

Hobbes

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
I mean, even moreso than they are now.

They aren't lining up by any stretch of the term, but they are out there. But I do have an evil friend (he's trying to reform, but he has definitely left a blazing trail of destruction in his wake), and they're lining up to date him while he's at school, and on his current work term in Finland they're lining up to have sex with him (this despite the fact that he has a girlfriend and as such tells them all "no").

What I can't figure out is where to find the ones I'd really be interested in committing to. Fortunately, I don't have to worry about it for another year or so...

Hobbes, of course they're lies. That's just what women say so they can feel good about themselves. Denial and all that.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, still villainous.

I still say the casual stuff helps stave off the urge to jump right into a relationship.

So does Jay Gordon...and the desire to not settle for anything less than everything I want.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Yes, but "casual" for you and "casual" for me don't mean the same thing. I can't do the serial casual thing that you do, because I'm never in one place for long enough.
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
twinky, I'm as averse to commitment as you are; I'll go on three dates with you. Are you good-looking AND funny?
Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Well, is one for two okay?

(I'm not telling which one it is )

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

I think from your posts we can infer which one, mister.
pH
Member # 1350

But non-serial casual is okay, too. And can also help.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
I applaud this derailment.

Artful.

Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

*pats Palpatine* Dude, you really do remind me of a prune in a bath towel...how did you get to be Emperor, again?
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

Lol
Emperor Palpatine
Member # 3544

- posted      Profile for Emperor Palpatine   Email Emperor Palpatine         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it had to do with killing the Jedi. And political crimes. I think. I need my ginko biloba.
Posts: 1004 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
I applaud this derailment.

Thank you.

quote:
But non-serial casual is okay, too. And can also help.

See, I tried that. There was weirdness. I don't regret it, but I don't think it's for me.

Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
"Of course, I just like to hold hands."
::sighs:: Where are the guys like that in high school? ::mutters something about them being too busy feeling-up their girlfriends::

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Pixie- you'd be surprised.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
I know guys like that are out there in high school, it's just hard to find, that's all. ::shrugs:: Eh, such is life.
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I like to just hold hands.

..yeah me too but then your hands get sweaty..lol..

I've been too observant, lately. I've a theory that the weirder a boy is the sweeter they are in romance. The more of a jock/prep they are the more they are dating for popularity and things 'after' that. Those 'inexperienced' are so much fun to date as compared to those that 'know the secrets'. By now, I'm used to being a 'first' to some..lol..

Twinky, I'd know alot of ppl who'd love to meet you.

I also know people who abuse the word 'relationships' and 'love'...Too many people actually..

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Centurion
Member # 3956

- posted      Profile for Centurion           Edit/Delete Post 
It took me a while, but I finally figured out the difference between lust and love.

I did a lot of playing, and I do mean a lot of playing, before I settled down. I did extra playing for those who went into relationships early.

I've no regrets about any of the playing, but it pales in time and I find myself wanting more. As I'm not one to settle, it gets a little tougher. No big deal, but she has to be something special if she wants me to kiss her or even desire to hold her hand.

Posts: 717 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

- posted      Profile for Maethoriell   Email Maethoriell         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've no regrets about any of the playing

WTH??..

quote:
No big deal, but she has to be something special if she wants me to kiss her or even desire to hold her hand

..mhmmm..yea..so you have to be 'turned on' just to show her affection?

Posts: 4628 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I don't think I'd make a very good player.

It took me a lot of soul-searching to sort out lust, infatuation, and love. But it was definitely worth it.

Thanks, Maeth. Unfortunately, I don't know any of them.

Edit:

Why should Cent have any regrets?

[This message has been edited by twinky (edited October 27, 2002).]

fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Mae's theory about the "weirder" types has more than a little truth to it.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I'm reminded of an article I once read titled "Why Geeks Make the Best Lovers."

Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to give this whole thread one thing: *GRR*
Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

I make a horrible malicious player..I can't lie to people, and I don't like to hurt feelings. Actually, I consider myself one of the abnormally considerate of the player sort. Then again, I'm also becoming more and more motivated by _reactions_...

Yeah, but the "weird" types also have more of a tendency to be the whiny, annoying puppy dogs always tagging along at your heels. Not to say I don't like 'em.... They're just more fragile.

-pH

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend is definitely the wierd, geeky type. I wouldn't have him any other way.

*ssshhhhh don't tell him that though, he thinks he's the hot, lady killer, playa type*

edited to add that wierd & geeky can most definitely be cute and lovable...

[This message has been edited by Tammy (edited October 27, 2002).]

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maethoriell
Member # 3805

Tammy that was mean!! haha..

Centurion
Member # 3956

- posted      Profile for Centurion           Edit/Delete Post 
"So, I have to be turned on..."

Of course, Mae. And she has to be special. If she's the right one, she'll turn me on just by entering the room.

Posts: 717 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Bumpit! [Cool]
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.