FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Anything Thread - One More Try (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Anything Thread - One More Try
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm an actor. A proud actor.

~Sir Montague

Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally got the okay to go up to Minnesota for Paul's sister's graduation!!! [Smile] It's going to be so great to finally meet her and the rest of the family. [Smile]
Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Gonna be taking a break from Hatrack for a few weeks... my neglected schoolwork is crashing down on me. [Razz]

:: deletes bookmark ::

If you see me here before May 5th, shoot me!

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Bought an ethernet cable. [Big Grin]

Miss me?

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
My wife had a baby shower yesterday, and had a great time. She seemed to enjoy herself, and we got a lot of helpful stuff for the baby. I got to go play some games at CyberJocks all night, and for once I didn't get the tar kicked out of me in Counterstrike (now ranked 29 out of 155 players on their server, woohoo!).
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
I was going to go see They Might Be Giants in concert, but I couldn't because I am in a pit orchestra for the musical Damn Yankees through the local community theatre..

One of my friends went and he had such a "Kickin' Rad" time that it's making me quite envious.

Alas!

Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nato
Member # 1448

- posted      Profile for Nato   Email Nato         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Gonna be taking a break from Hatrack for a few weeks... my neglected schoolwork is crashing down on me.

:: deletes bookmark ::

If you see me here before May 5th, shoot me!

It's May 5, Ayelar.. Ya back yet?
Posts: 1592 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
We got the nursery pretty much done yesterday, carpet in, curtains up, pictures, crib, etc. I'll post pictures (or send them) if anyone is interested. My wife still doesn't wan to know what we're having, so the nursery is now off limits. [Smile]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

I'm going to eat lunch in Liechtenstein on Saturday. Liechtenstein! How cool is that? [Cool]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Audeo
Member # 5130

- posted      Profile for Audeo   Email Audeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello! I'm sort of a newbie here. I've been posting over on the battle school (as Mereo for any other cross forum people) for a few weeks and I've been reading over this forum looking for a good thread to introduce myself here, then I noticed this one and decided to take advantage of it. By the way very cool about Lichtenstien. [Smile]
Posts: 349 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello!! I'm also somewhat of a newbie, and I don't think I ever introduced myself, so I will now... hello everyone! I've only been doing this for a few weeks...
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
Woooooooooo!! I was just told yesterday that the huge horrible paper that was punishment for not doing well in a core class was ACCEPTED!! I can graduate!! And I won't have to stay here until fall 2004 to retake the class!!!

It's very exciting. I don't know what my chances were, but I'm pretty sure they weren't good. We're talking huge personality conflict here. Thank god there are other professors in the department.

So now I'm officially in the clear! Woo!!!

Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Go newbies! (prepares self to be pelted with stuff) Anyhow, I'm new too, go me, and I'd like to say it's nice to meet everyone!! (You were all newbies once, too!)
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

Congrats, Ayelar! [Big Grin]

Hello and welcome to you newbies. [Smile]

Liechtenstein was very awesome, by the way. It was a loooooong day, but a good one.

Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
I just found a hair (attached, but sticking out from the others...oh, who are we kidding, they all stick out from each other, this is curly hair...) with ELEVEN splits. I've seen bizarro 3- or 4-split hairs before, but ELEVEN. In the last inch! I felt the frightening experience should be shared. [Smile]

(ok. ok. it's time to cut my hair. but you know, i'm scared - i don't know how to say 'just a trim' in czech, and i have this nightmarish certainty that asking for x centimeters off would result in all my hair cut to be x centimeters long, and besides do i REALLY know how long a centimeter is, or what the right 'cut' verb is for hair, or how to make an appointment, or whether an appointment is necessary, or...right. i wonder if i could do it myself...) [Big Grin]

Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

I love boys, but they're really, really stupid sometimes.

yesterday, via e-mail
boy: I'm going to call you tonight. Is ********** your phone number?
me: No, that's an old number. It's ##########. And I won't be home until midnight, so maybe you should call tomorrow.

later that night . . .
boy: *calls*
my roommate: She won't be home for a long time; you should call her tomorrow.
boy: I just wanted to make sure this is the right number.

(I don't know what he would have done if it hadn't been the right number. Maybe called the one I told him was wrong? [Dont Know] )

today
my other roommate: *hands me the phone*
me: Hey.
boy: How did you know it was me?
(um . . . 1) I never said your name. I could just say "Hey!" every time I answer the phone. 2) I have caller ID, and I know your phone number. 3) Um, you said you'd call, and I wasn't expecting any other calls.)
me: Magic. I knew it through magic.

*sigh* Boys are extremely strange creatures. [Roll Eyes]

James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
w00000000000000000t.

happy thanksgiving.

[Party] <-- thinks that should be :hatrack:

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.