FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The ice cream personality profile (Page 4)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The ice cream personality profile
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Jehovoid:
Two scoops of chocolate amaretto cheesecake
Half a pump of hot fudge (it's hardly necessary, but since I have the option, might as well)

Begin eating immediately. Stop eating when there's nothing left.

(It seems like these should be haikus.)

quote:
A double helping of chocolate amaretto cheesecake ice cream is the choice of a truly expansive personality. This person will often be the life of the party --loud beyond all reason. Some shy away from this brash and even show-off nature, but if they do they will miss out on the real core -- generosity. You will never find a person more giving of comfort and aid.

quote:
A small dose of hot fudge is indicative of a person who knows he/she asks a lot of lovers and friends and hesitates to ask that one little bit more that he/she needs. And what is that? Complete understanding. This person will take you just as you are and without you even knowing it, will help you become all you wish to be. In return, he/she wants just the most basic things of all -- love, understanding and loyalty. And at that, he/she doesn't require it of you. But if you can give it freely, it would be bliss indeed.

quote:
The "begin immediately and stop when it's all gone" style belongs to those who are pragmatic in their view of the world and the future. Although having it all would be nice, in reality, that's not an option so they adjust their expectations accordingly. This person sees the world logically and clearly. As such, expect to find this person always "on a path." Going from point A to point B in the fewest steps possible is not just a goal, it's a lifestyle.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob.....

:whines:

Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooooh! Yeah!

I like wines with my ice cream too!

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Especially a nice port, or cognac (I guess that's not, technically a wine, though).
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
No beer drinkers, I take it?

Anyone ever have Killian's Red along with double stuff oreos?

Ummmm.

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Flavor: None, I don't eat ice cream (and haven't for over 4.5 years).

Toppings: Everything but cherries. Cherries are yucky.

How to eat: Mix it all up and go nuts. No pun intended

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob pretty good

This will make excellent practice for when you start work as a travelling fortune teller.

(Personally I think my preference for small deep bowls shows my tendancy to want to hide from the world for short periods of time, but anyway...)

Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dead_Horse
Member # 3027

- posted      Profile for Dead_Horse   Email Dead_Horse         Edit/Delete Post 
That Bob is sure a wise guy. So insightful! Way cold thread, dude!
Posts: 1379 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
This is too cool. If it's still alive, mine are

Gingerbread ice cream (great stuff)
a dot of coolwhip and
kinda melty, but not mush.

If it's not still alive, it's still cool and that's still my fav. ice cream; if you haven't tried it, you must (but that's just a newbie's opinion. I'm not trying to bring anything revolutionary to the board. ^_^)

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob . . . ?

Sniff?

Pleeeaaaasssssseeeee?

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
The Tick:
Chocolate Ice Cream (vanilla in a pinch).
Nestle Crunch mixed in.

Eaten immediately.

quote:
Those who prefer chocolate ice cream are typically known for their positive outlook on life. They are considered 'steady' and 'dependable' by their friends and usually make friends easily. While they like to think of themselves as rebels, in reality they hold many conservative views and hold themselves to a high standard. They are, however, non-judgemental and attract friends from a wide swath of society

quote:
Mixing of Nestle Crunch candy bars into chocolate ice cream indicates a desire for a soul mate who really brings out the best in them. This is a person who feels incomplete without a person to share life with. Willing to accept a certain level of strangeness in a spouse, this person is going to encourage you to be more than just an adjunct to his/her personality. The truly unstable are too much for this person, but if you are level-headed with a mix of whimsy, go for it!

quote:
As we've seen before, those who eat their ice cream immediately are driven to take charge in any situation. Sometimes they may roll over another person and not even notice it, but really they are just focussed on the job at hand and thus a little forgetful of other's style or need for buy-in.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Jaiden:

Chocolate.
In a bowl.
Doesn't matter how hard or how soft, just as long as it's not completely melted.
I put as much in the bowl that it will hold and eat it medium speed.
No toppings. Just chocolate icecream.

quote:
One thing that I could have added above is that chocolate is the flavor of sensualists and sensitive people. A bit rebellious in spirit but deep down conservatives in their own lives and attitudes. See immediately preceding reading for other aspects of the chocolate ice cream personality

quote:
The 'no toppings' person is looking for friends and lovers who play no games. This person takes you as you are and expects you to be yourself with no embellisments or affectations.

quote:
Those who fill the bowl with as much as it will hold are real go-getters. Self-motivated and driven, these people often make great entrepreneurs. You'll find them rising to the top of any work organization because they instinctively know how to get the most out of any competitive situation.

[/quote]An abhorrence for completely melted ice cream is a sign of someone who hates to leave things unresolved. If a problem is pointed out to this person, he or she will work hard to fix it. This person expects the same from everyone involved. A buckle-down and get-to-work attitude. These people do not have a high tolerance for frustration, so watch out if things aren't working well. Tends to rush things for the sake of closure, even when closure isn't really possible at this time.[/quote]

Icarus
Member # 3162

You had no idea how much work you were setting yourself up for when you started this, did you?
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

James Tiberius Kirk:
Chocolate chip, cookie dough. M&Ms. Lots of M&Ms. You can never have enough. Eaten from a bowl immediatly, but savored.

quote:
A complicated person who feels at home in almost every situation because he tends to become the center of attention. This is a confident and even bold person who wears his heart on his sleeve. You will often find this kind of person obsessing over fine points -- a truly detail-oriented person who likes to master a few tasks rather than be merely good at many things. If this person is put in unfamiliar surroundings or if the rules change, he will change the rules rather than adapt.

quote:
A large amount of M&Ms as a topping is indicative of a person who is rarely satisfied with one mate. Interestingly, he is attracted to change. He doesn't necessarily need stability in his love life. This person wants to be the focal point of any group and the one true love in someone's life. Eventually, he will find that one and then life will change remarkably and for the better. But the woman who can tame him is the one who DOESN'T idolize him. Only someone with an equally strong will can keep this one's interest in the long term. Expect passion in loving and fighting.

quote:
Eating ice cream immediately is a sign of a direct approach to problems and, on the darker side, a low tolerance for frustration. Savoring the ice cream in this context is puzzling until you understand how intense this person really is. When focusing on a problem or person, this is a person who gives ALL their attention. Or none at all. There's an on-off switch, and that's it.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Kayla:
Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie
No topping

Softened a bit, but only because the freezer freezes sooo well you can't get a spoon in there.

Bowl? What's the bowl for, again?

quote:
Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie is the ice cream of a true hedonist. This person may come off as vain and conceited, but in reality this is just a passionate person who lives life fully. Very introspective and prone to periods of self-doubt as the personality integrates new things in life. Later in life, this type of person is known for great wisdom and insight and it all comes from spending so much energy thinking through the life already led.

quote:
We've seen the no toppings people before. But in this case, there's an added wrinkle. Besides not liking "gamesmanship" in friends or lovers (especially lovers), this person is looking at your soul. Deep into it. And you'd better know what you're about. Simple people are not appealing unless they have thought through the simple life they lead. Then its even inspiring. But if you live the unexamined life, you'd best move along because you'll just fall behind in this relationship.

quote:
Eating out of the carton is, as we've seen, a sign of a pragmatic approach to work. This is a person who looks for the obvious and simple ways to do things efficiently. She makes it look easy but again, it is because of the depth of understanding of herself that she can make even complex work situations seem simple. Has a definite knack for getting teams to work step-by-step to complete a task. The willingness to wait only long enough to let the ice cream soften so a spoon can get in there is a reflection of this pragmatic approach. This person appears to have a lot of patience but what is really going on is that she has a perfect idea of the right time to begin a task, and nothing can get her started before conditions are right.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Diosmel Duda:
Strawberry ice cream (better with chunks)
Chocolate syrup

I like it soft enough that it doesn't freeze my teeth off, but not soupy on the bottom. I try not to have leftover chocolate syrup on the bottom either, just because it's harder to get to with a spoon that way.

Small, shallow bowls are best. (Does this mean I am a small, shallow person? )

(I also love peach sherbet)

quote:
Strawberry ice cream with chunks is the flavor of old time romantics. This type of person might be surrounded by antiques. Friends think of this person as an 'old soul' and will often seek his/her counsel, especially in matters of relationships. Not given to wild expressions of lust, but rather will woo a mate through traditional courtships. But not any half-measures here. This is the real deal. With this person, it is all about the heart. The mind is important, but subject to the heart's impulses and desires.

quote:
Chocolate syrup indicates the desire for a mate that will wrap this person up in their life. This is a one-lover person. Not given to playing the field. Much more interested in long term affection. A lifetime and more! Having a classic approach won't hurt your chances.

quote:
The really important information here is the attempt to finish the syrup before or at worst with the last bit of ice cream. This is a person who has been burned in the past and who will test others openly. If you win his/her trust, you'll have it forever. As a consequence, trust has to be earned. Holding back is not really in his nature (as we've seen above), but there's been some damage done in the past and a bit of tentativeness has crept in. Get beyond it and you'll see the full attention is unbelievable. You thought he was a romantic while you were dating! What till this one is your spouse!

quote:
Small shallow bowls indicate an attitude that says work is a distraction from the real business of life. This person will do a good job and earn money. But don't ever expect a passionate approach to mere work

Human
Member # 2985

- posted      Profile for Human   Email Human         Edit/Delete Post 
*gives his puppy dog eyes look*

Can you do mine? Please?

Posts: 3658 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks
Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
getting closer...
Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah!!! I should be next.

My personality is temporarily on hold until I hear from Bob.

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

What personality?
Fael
Member # 3015

[This message has been edited by Fael (edited February 04, 2003).]

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

Hey Icarus,
look our razzes are in sync

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
That's not so surprising, they always are.

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Good job on mine Bob! You were pretty close on quite a few things.

*thinks Bob is really one of those psychic hotline people*

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Diosmel Duda
Member # 2180

- posted      Profile for Diosmel Duda   Email Diosmel Duda         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob-- Frighteningly accurate. Wow.
Posts: 537 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
Hey Icarus,
look our razzes are in sync

oh...razzes...of course...our razzes...hehe...

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, I read mine to my husband and he wants to know where and when you and I have been having our affair/therapy sessions.

(I think he thinks it's pretty accurate, though his word choice might not have been as kind as yours.)

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

I have a question though. What if the only type of ice cream you can actually keep down is the very dark chocolate type? Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie is one of the few that I can actually eat. (There is a store brand that I can eat, but those are pretty much the only two.) I've heard it has something to do with the chocolate, but all other types come right back up...still cold by the way!

So, I guess the question is, does that change the personality profile at all?

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
4 scoops Pumpkin Ice Cream
Dulce de Leche poured all over it
Eaten when its real soft, enjoying every bite.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vampyr1818
Member # 4592

- posted      Profile for Vampyr1818   Email Vampyr1818         Edit/Delete Post 
straight vanilla bean
this may sound a little weird but I eat it melted from the microwave... what?, it's good.

Posts: 552 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

Why didn't I realize that they were in sync before.

Too much studying for this old lady....I am so out of touch

BOB I need my personality (wanders off to the Wenches tavern for comfort)

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Kayla. It means you're weird.

Will you share?

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

My weirdness? Of course! I share it with y'all everyday.

My ice cream? Are you kidding? You can have anything that isn't the Ben & Jerry's, but if you try to get that out of my hands, you might lose yours.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm faster than you think.

Your ice cream is gone already!

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
I just thought I'd throw in an Ice Cream tip for when you want your ice cream soft enough to get the spoon in easily but don't want to let it melt.

When you take the carton out of the freezer and you bend the spoon in half trying to serve it try sticking the whole carton in the microwave for between 15 and 30 seconds (depending on how much ice cream is left in the carton). If you get the timing right you can get the perfect consistency ice cream without have any melting.

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

But something just seems...wrong...in sticking ice cream in the microwave.
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with mack. Microwaving ice cream is just wrong. Perhaps even evil. In fact, I feel pretty certain that when the anti-christ comes to earth he will microwave ice cream.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Maybe The Rabbit is the anti-christ!

In fact, I just realized that the letters in "The Rabbit" can be rearranged to spell out "Bitter Hab"!

You know, as in that bitter (and evil) habit of microwaving ice cream!

This proves it!!

Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
you're right!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

of course, "Dragon" can be rearranged to spell out "R Gonad," but that's probably just a coincidence...

::warily moves away from sex fiend::

Anti-Chris
Member # 4452

- posted      Profile for Anti-Chris           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I prefer to let it sit as well. Jebus on the other hand...
Posts: 530 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
No No, It isn't like it sounds. Try it you'll like it.

You know how the story goes. You get the ice cream out of the freezer and it's hard as a rock. The first spoon you try on it just bends in half so you go for a heavy duty spoon. Then you realize that you need more than a heavy duty spoon, you need a jack hammer. You think about letting it thaw for a while on the counter but when you do that it just melts around the edges while the center stays too hard to dent. Then when you put it back in the freezer the outside part crystalizes and becomes gritty and discusting. So you painstakingingly chistle a few pieces of the top to make a tiny serving. Just when you've had it and are thinking this might be time to start that diet, your husband say, "Hey, how about dishing me up some to?". (It's a little known fact that ice cream frozen too hard is a major cause of divorse and domestic violence in this country.)

But you need suffer this no more. Just a few seconds in the microwave and the ice cream comes out the perfect consistency all the way through to the center of the carton without any melted stuff around the edges. You can easily scoop out a heaping bowl for you and the spouse but it stays firm and frozen while you eat and doesn't turn yucky when you refreeze it.

Try it, you'll like it.

[This message has been edited by The Rabbit (edited February 05, 2003).]

Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

Or you could use a steak knife, instead of repeatedly remelting and refreezing all of the ice cream.

Or you could buy a high quality ice cream scoop instead of using spoons.

Icarus
Member # 3162

Manly ice cream scoop for true lovers of ice cream.

Don't get the kind with the little separator. That's just a gimmick; they don't really work that well. This is the only scoop you'll ever need. It's well worth the high price.

Go ahead and bend this scoop! I dare ya to try!

EDIT to replace link with better picture.

[This message has been edited by Icarus (edited February 05, 2003).]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Thats the kind we have, Icarus.

Well, the kind we USED to have. Somebody put it in the dishwasher.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Your evil sister wasn't it?
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you just need one of those heavy duty scoops. I agree - no separator thingie. Then you get the carton in a vise grip and forcefully dig it out - so that you can eat it really, really cold. So cold it hurts your throat. That's ice cream.
Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

I've got the manly scoop, but the manly scoop does little good without the manly arm.

The advantage to the microwave is that once you get the timing down you can soften the ice cream just enough to get the spoon in easily and no more. When I've in the mood for a good hard ice cream, I go for an ice cream bar and skip the spoon all together.

Fael
Member # 3015

*wanders in looking for her personality*

Who am I????

Where am I???

Who is this evil ice cream melter??

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.