FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The ice cream personality profile (Page 6)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The ice cream personality profile
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bob!!

It's quite amazing what you can come up with about an ice cream flavor! Apart from the fact that I really don't interact with a lot of startched-shirts type people, you were pretty much right!

...Crazy...

[This message has been edited by hansenj (edited February 09, 2003).]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob-
You are amazing.. Thank you so much for taking the time to give so much of yourself to us... and to give to each of us the best parts of ourselves.

BTW, What is your favorite ice cream?

Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Bob!

I am stunned.

Cultural barriers obviously do not stand in the way when making an ice cream personality profile .

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
10 more before me.... waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa impatient!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ForestJane
Member # 4223

- posted      Profile for ForestJane           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm another Cherry Garcia afictionado, BUT I prefer the yogurt version they make to the ice cream type.

I eat it out of the container, with a regular spoon. I eat one heaping spoonful at a time. The cherry halves go to the upper right side of my mouth, between teeth and inner cheek, while the dark chocolate 'planks' are diverted to the upper left side of the mouth. When all the yogurt from that bite is gone, the cherry is thawed enough to eat, so I pull it down with my tongue and enjoy the cherry flavor (and a little of the chocolate from the left side is melting down, oozily, to mix with the cherry.... Last, I'll use my tongue to clean out the mush of chocolate on the left side, savoring it just at the correct stage of meltiness.

I follow the same routine with each spoonful.

Posts: 112 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

*does his best to think clean thoughts*
Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, you rock. Thanks!

I had no idea my heart was in so much control. I better watch that thing. Keep it in it's place.

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
lets get this back to the first page.
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, did you ever get a lot of things Right on Belle, pretty much nailed her.

Thank you for being so dedicated.

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, ForestJane, add a cherry stem that you can tie into a knot with your tongue and you could probably sell the video to that and become rich!

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Oh I'm almost next!!! I can't stand the suspense Bob!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob this would make such a cool (and really visually fun) coffee table book. Wonderful picture of different concoctions with little comments and arrows in a handwriting font about what it indicates.

Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
pepperuda:
If I eat icecream just by itself, I love butter pecan in a sugar cone. I lick around the icecream just a few times till it's nice and smooth and then I devoure it quickly.

But, if I'm going to put toppings on something, it'd have to be a banana split with a scoop of vanilla and a scoop of strawberry. Then I'd put on hot fudge, caramel, and chocolate with just a few dobs of whatever jam to soften the impact of the chocolate (for lack of a better way to explain it). I'm not really picky about the container, whatever, I suppose it'd be some sort of crystal or glass or that clear plastic stuff if I had to visualize it. I'd eat this fairly quickly too, but leave enough to mix with the leftover topping goo at the bottom otherwise they are too rich to finish.

quote:
Okay, two for the price of one, eh? That says something about you already.
We've already covered butter pecan and sugar cones, so I'll let you find that above.

But let's discuss that eating style. Very sexy! Very devil-may-care. It's the kind of thing that only a real go-getter would do. You like to see your plans come to fruition. And most of the time, they do. It's like watching dominoes fall, isn't it? At work, you are the person who they should always use to develop the plan. Nothing left to chance.

quote:
Okay, your OTHER freebie...Wow!!! This is the ice cream treat of a real power broker. You aren't afraid to display your utter contempt for lesser mortals who just can't get it right. Honestly, this is like the manic phase of a bipolar disorder, but only more so. I'm impressed. And so is everyone who knows you. They take one look and let you have the dance floor when you are in this mood.

quote:
The use of toppings and a banana indicates someone who wants it all!!! And now! You don't care what it is, you want it. And this can actually cause you some trouble. But don't worry, people like this in you. And you are attractive to so many types of people, it is sometimes scary. You are one of those individuals who doesn't fit into any clique, but has good friends from all of them. You are the constant that holds the whole thing together!

quote:
You aren't picky about the container... Yeah right! As long as it is see-through and high quality, you don't care. Uh huh. Hegemon material. And in the nicest sense of the word. You are the kind of person who isn't afraid of taking charge as long as you see the path ahead clearly. If there's any doubt, you prefer to wait and plan. But usually, there's no doubt as to what to do. This is especially true of your current work and social situations. It is possible that as you progress through life you will encounter more situations that you haven't mastered yet. Don't worry, your innate sense of when to plan and when to attack will hold you in good stead.

quote:
Eating it all fast and not wanting the toppings left over are two facets of your extremely take-charge attitude. When you are in these moods, you are impatient and want to finish. But you also have a sense of your "team" and want everyone to get something out of it. You jealously guard the real glory for yourself, though. After all, you've earned it.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I guess it is a little late, but I got curious. In order to not skew things, I haven't read anything but the first profile, which is different enough from me.

This is my favorite way to eat icecream:

Vanilla, and _lots_ of caramel. I like the caramel warm, and the best caramel I've had is at a place here called Leatherby's Icecream. You get it in a large sundae cup, where the warm caramel dribbles into the plate that holds the cup and they put a scoop in the the bottom of the sundae too, where you can spoon it up and have lovely warm caramel with every cold ice cream bite. It is fantastically good from frozen to melted up and mixed together like a shake.

If at home, I also drench my vanilla icecream in caramel, but I also add bananas and sometimes chocolate.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
lets get this back to the first page.
Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
littlemissattitude:
Ice cream: vanilla
Toppings: strawberry jam (not strawberry topping) and whipped cream (but only real whipped cream or out of a can, not any kind of Cool Whip type thing that comes out of a covered dish)

Still frozen, but if it melts a little as I eat, that's okay.

quote:
The vanilla indicates you are an honest and straight forward person. Not given to putting on airs or playing "games" when the direct approach will work. You hold to traditional values and are somewhat conservative in your outlook.

quote:
the choice of strawberry jam and real whipped cream indicates a longing for romance coupled with a sense of your own boundaries. This may seem paradoxical, but it really isn't. You have an ideal mate in mind -- and his #1 qualification is that he must be a real romantic. He's got to be someone who is a good fit for you physically, spiritually and mentally. And, bottom line, you see this person as a separate entity. There are roles the two of you will play and keep separate from each other. But above all, you want that romance to touch every part of your lives together.

quote:
your pace of eating indicates that you can take the world as it comes, but that you are used to going your own way in life anyway. You are somewhat adaptable, but you expect the world to meet you halfway. Usually, this is exactly what happens. In any event, you have managed to live without too many dissapointments. Perhaps you've lowered your expectations?

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Dragon:
I like vanilla w/ chocolate chips

or

coffee w/ chocolate sprinkles

I like it in a bowl and I eat it fast if it's hot out and slow if it's cold.

quote:
You are the classic dual personality. On the one hand, you are a traditionalist, but with some real complexities built in. You tend to hide your true feelings. You also have a highly compartmentalized mind and can keep many tasks going at once.

The flip side of that is represented by your rebellious nature. You hide this side of yourself, but it is a definite aspect of you that surfaces from time to time

quote:
The sprinkles represent your myriad friendships and even loves. You have the capacity for having many friendships. Although they aren't usually very deep and lasting -- only a few make it that far. And, in particular, you use your friends most when you are feeling the rebel come out.

quote:
The use of a bowl indicates your strong work ethic. You are thorough and take the job seriously. You like to finish it completely and you like to finish with a sense of real accomplishment.

quote:
Those who alter their speed of ingestion with the weather are extremely sensitive to the world around them. You are great at spotting other's needs and of helping them achieve their goals -- as long as they help you as well. There's an element of control here as well. If you find yourself adapting too much, you are likely to rebel.

Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump*
Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Leto:Peanut Butter Cup flavor ice cream, no preference in brand name. It's best when very cold (but not frozen solid), but is good all the way down to the gooey end. No toppings needed, thanks.

quote:
The choice of Peanut Butter Cup ice cream indicates a personality that is open to all sorts of challenges. You are an extremely complex individual and even think of your personal style as "something to confound the enemies."

quote:
You don't seek out friends actively and are rarely attracted MENTALLY to members of the opposite sex. The friends and lovers (well, one lover is all you ever want) you do have become so integrated into your life that you no longer think of you and they as separate people. To you, a real friend or a spouse (especially) is a part of you once and for all.

quote:
You like it best when things are just as they appear, but you are flexible enough to handle the inevitable changes you know will occur. Your enjoyment of life isn't based on having things your own way, but simply on being allowed to enjoy them. You are looked up to and known for having wisdom beyond your years.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Cor:My favorite flavor is coffee, preferably Starbuck's coffee ice cream. It should be in a big bowl to provide room for all the toppings. These should include (ideally) hot caramel, butterscotch, and crushed Oreos. And I mean real Oreos, not those fake "chocolate sandwich cookies."

quote:
Wow!

Okay, we already know that coffee ice cream is the choice of true rebels. The choice of a premium brand such as Starbucks shows that you have learned to control these urges and only use them when it will be to your advantage. Unlike earlier points in your life, you have learned to use rebellion to win positions for the greater good. A refined sense of justice and a cool head are your trademarks. But those who cross you do so at their own peril! You have so many finely honed methods of exacting your revenge!!! Coffee ice cream people are usually VERY intelligent. Those who use only the premium brands are also very discriminating. They do not suffer fools gladly.

quote:
Your choices of toppings: hot caramel, butterscotch, and crushed Oreos. And I mean real Oreos, not those fake "chocolate sandwich cookies." speak volumes about your ideal friends and life mates. First off, in a spouse and your truly close friends you are looking for a truly close fit. All the little nooks & crannies of each other's lives are fair game and you want to know them all (and have them know yours. You take no chances with this, but make it a point to really dig. Becoming a true friend of yours takes real dedication and a commitment few are willing or able to deliver. As a consequence, you have very few close friends and you think of marriage as a one time adventure. The crushed Oreos represent the rest of the world's population and how you deal with it. These are people -- worth knowing and maybe even incorporating into your plans, but they are unlikely to be much more than friends and acquaintences. And you LOVE having lots of these. You, in fact, are very interested in people in general. You study them. And they are attracted to you because of your high intelligence AND that rebel nature you show off from time to time.

quote:
The big bowl is your desire to do everything and experience everything this life has to offer. You have wide and varied interests (as shown by your toppings choices) and the big bowl is required to fit all those interests in. You are likely to be too busy for your own good, but you are a superior talent when it comes to planning ahead. Because of this, you almost never get behind in your work and, at any rate, always finish it regardless of the other things pulling you in a million different directions.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

There...
Now Cor is finished, I can stop doing these.

coil
Member # 4571

D: OMG you're like 4 away from me... don't you dare!!!!!!!!!!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Okay...I was just ribbing Cor.

coil
Member # 4571

I know. But I can't let a comment like that slip by; I've got a neurosis to uphold!
Cor
Member # 4295

- posted      Profile for Cor   Email Cor         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks much, Bob. You were right on, particulary about the marriage/friends issue and the getting everything done issue.

However, I think I like "Starbuck's" coffee ice cream out of a subconscious love of "Starbuck" the character from "Battlestar Galactica" (one of my first heartthrobs). Then again, he was a rebel and you said this points to my rebellious side so....

Anyway, thanks again!

Posts: 676 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Well...I almost made a Moby Dick reference, but then I thought better of it.

ForestJane
Member # 4223

- posted      Profile for ForestJane           Edit/Delete Post 
Ka-Bumpity BUMP!
Posts: 112 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Chris Kidd:
Ben and Jerrys French vanilla.
no toppings
a small spoon
enjoys the varied stages of melting in the ice cream
Since Ben and Jerrys comes in such a small carton of course i eat it out of the carton.
in a pinch any vanilla will do. then i will eat 3 to 4 scoops from a bowl. then procede to eat with a small spoon.

quote:
Those who eat Ben & Jerry's French Vanilla, sans toppings and right out of the carton are traditionalists who have a very practical side. They don't worry much about relationships and aren't really working on a full time commitment at this point. These people are into collecting experiences and you can tell them by the quality thinking they put into everything they do. These are not people who tend to float through life from one experience to another. No, No! They savor each one and bring their own particular viewpoint to it all. These are dedicated life-long learners who like to share the knowledge they've gained with others.

People find them fascinating.

At work, they are the quintessential solo acts -- they prefer to do it all themselves. Not great at delegating, but they are still practical enough to learn that skill if they need it. But expect them to be hands-on managers!

This person in particular is very flexible, for his type. He isn't bothered by change and even relishes it.

He prefers to take the world in discrete chunks and to get the most out of each person or event. But he's still flexible enough to roll with it if the situations don't always work to his liking.

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
The suspense is killing me . . . .
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Unicorn Whisperer:
Favorite Flavor: Chocolate Silk and cookie dough ice cream
Toppings: Caramel, whipped cream, and reeses pieces on top.

State of the ice cream: Savor the flavor so it becomes a little melted but not by much.

quote:
Chocolate Silk and Cookie Dough as a mixture is indicative of a dual nature that combines a high intellect with a strong sense of self. This is a person who is always full of surprises. Very sensually oriented on the one hand -- a dreamer of dreams. A poet even. On the other hand, you will find a very cerebral person who is extremely difficult to pin down. Expect some mood swings here, but not destructive. These people have a somewhat low tolerance for failure and will beat themselves up needlessly over performance others would merely accept. This person is a paradox because, when she wants to, her organizational skills are superb. But the dreamer will always come to the fore and that's what puzzles so many around her. The surprising ability to change subjects and keep right on going.

quote:
The choice of Caramel, whipped cream and Reeses pieces shows how the underlying personality affects the choices of friends and lovers. What is sought is true, life long companionship. What is reality, is a preference for variety. That conflict is solved by having a personality big enough to make it work. Attracted to other dreamers, but really looking for the one true love to be stable and very smart.

quote:
A preference for the slightly melted is, as we've seen before, a sign that this person tries to avoid conflict. The rough edges of the world are scary and difficult to handle. You will find this person holding back from serious discussions and especially arguments. Known as a peacemaker among a wide circle of friends and acquaintances. This one has a tendency to go way overboard trying to "fight fair" and some might even say "wimp out." But a sweeter person, you will not find. A kind and gentle soul.

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
No, Bob! Don't stop there! I'm next!
Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Bob!

I think the thing I like best about this is that you took all my weird personality quirks and made them sound like good things.

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
OMG Bob you're amazing! That is me! I can't get over it; you need to write a book of these or something!!!!!!
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

JaneX:
Favorite flavor: Cherry Garcia and mint chocolate chip, in that order (but not together).
Toppings: Not necessary on the above - those flavors are yummy just by themselves. If there are only boring flavors available and I want to jazz it up a little, I'll usually get M&Ms. Mini ones, if possible.

How I eat it: Let it soften just enough that it's not rock-hard, then eat it as slowly as I can without letting it melt. I don't like it when it's all melty.

quote:
I'll stick with your favorite first...but realize the undertones are indicated by your #2 choice...An affinity for Cherry Garcia ice cream indicates a timeless personality. This person would be at home in any era. Just plunk her down and set her loose. Oddly, in the present day and time she feels almost like a misfit. Or perhaps a gypsy -- wandering and going from place to place, person to person, job to job. The "Cherry Garcia" person is likely to be extremely well read, have very diverse tastes in clothing, music, and art, but with a somewhat romantic eye towards the past or the future.

Mint ice cream with chocolate chip indicates a strong sense of personal hygiene and grooming coupled with a personality that enjoys the interplay of ideas. Look for a rather traditional yet high-end taste in clothing or decor, but with an undercurrent of pure whimsy thrown in. This person enjoys subtlety and is an excellent and interesting conversationalist, especially when excited by the topic or the people involved.

quote:

In Kama's post, the ICPPPCI said "Those who eschew toppings are purists. They see the world as one way or another. Often, they become frustrated by the nuances and games-playing they see in the world around them. But if you need a steadfast, solid supporter, the topping-less are the way to go. No-toppings people hope for an orderly life with a high degree of predictability. Even if they can't actually achieve it now, that is their idea of bliss."

Then we amplified this in Martha's post:
Those who forego toppings seek to keep things just the way they are. Perhaps looking for a little stability in life? This is also a sign of contentment in many ways. This person looks for relationships that are uncomplicated and sincere. She wants you to be yourself and see where that takes you. A supporter of your dreams, she might also be just as happy without you if your dreams aren't worth pursuing. So be useful.

quote:
The use of mini-M&M's, when bored, is a sign of a lack of interest in long-term relationships -- for now, anyway. This is a person who has many friends and enjoys their individuality, but could be just as happy on her own. Serious affection or the choice of just one person is not on her mind at present. To this one, sometimes people are a bother -- she feels surrounded by needy friends who aren't quite up to her level.

quote:
Liking the ice cream to soften a bit is a sign of someone who avoids conflicts. Coupled with a desire to eat it all before it melts, this is an indication that this person has a finely honed sense of justice and how the world should work. She is easily offended when things are not being done the right way and she will work hard to see that the problems are fixed. A tendency to take on too many of the "world's" problems and try to solve them. A true idealist.

[This message has been edited by Bob_Scopatz (edited February 13, 2003).]

Jeni
Member # 1454

- posted      Profile for Jeni   Email Jeni         Edit/Delete Post 
Vanilla, microwaved for a few seconds, then with a chopped banana mixed in.
Posts: 4292 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Godric:
I'm not sure I can narrow down a favorite ice cream - it all depends on what's available and my mood. I'll just tell you what I like and let you work your magic.

Coconut ice cream. No toppings. Eaten slowly. Consumed during special occasions.

Black Raspberry ice cream. No toppings. Eaten slowly. Consumed during special occasions.

French Vanilla. Loads of Hot Fudge. Eaten before the hot fudge has time to harden. Consumed at home.

A Heath sundae. That's coffee and vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, caramel syrup, bits of Heath bar and whipped cream. No cherry. Consumed when dining out at Friendly's or other places where it is to be had.

And since I'm at it... I agree with whoever said that nuts and ice cream should not be joined. Neither should marshmallows. I hate bits of fruit in ice cream. Chocolate, carmel, butterscotch, hot fudge and peanut butter are all acceptable toppings. Cherries, any fruit topping and most candies are not. Sprinkles are only allowable on soft serve.

Golly! I'm picky... And I don't even eat ice cream that much...

quote:
First, let me start by saying I have asked the mods to ban you from the site. It's only a matter of time anyway, isn't it, Godric?

Just kidding, but you've already told us you are picky. You are. You have a personality you slip into for each situation. And you wear them all well. A human chameleon, but also a person who is able to adapt readily to changing situations.

This is a person who hangs his tux next to his blue jeans in the closet. Well, not really, this is a person who's closet is completely organized and the tux (and you can be sure that if he doesn't already have one, it is only because he likes to get the latest styles and so he might be "between tuxes" at the moment. He is hyper-organized even to the point of driving friends off (a little) with his obsessing over the smallest details.

But he has many friends with whom he shares a deep understanding. A meeting of like minds and sharp intellects. He is the uncontested leader, however, because of his polish and bearing.

When he enters a room, people actually do stop and stare, and try to hear what he has to say.

Sadly, no-one knows him in all his moods or phases. There's an element of pulling back here as well. An intensely private side that no-one shares...yet. And maybe that day will never come, but he hopes for one true partner. He just fears that his darkest moods would drive any sane person away.

And that brings us to the real kernel here. This is a person who cares deeply about others and would suffer the tortures of the damned rather than hurt another living soul. A very sensitive person who is, if anything, overly critical of himself and NOT others.

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 

Bob, you really nailed it. That is me.

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pepperuda
Member # 1573

- posted      Profile for pepperuda   Email pepperuda         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, Bob.

Wow!!! That was great. I've read it about a million times and showed it to a bunch of people. I hope you don't mind.

Um. What does "devil may care" mean? I've never heard the expression before and no one I've asked seems to know.

I guess my choice in icecream takes pieces of my personality and carries them to an extreem. Either that or icecream is an outlet. I'm not at all a "red", but the kernals were accurate and definitely fun to read. Thanks again.

Posts: 240 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

Two more, then me!! ^^
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

pepperuda...

devil-may-care = happy-go-lucky, but with a bit more "edge" to it. Like a person who does something for the sheer fun of it, but may not have thought through all the consequences. OR didn't worry about the consequences too much.

It is usually taken as a compliment because it means you aren't a worrier or someone who never tries new things.

pepperuda
Member # 1573

- posted      Profile for pepperuda   Email pepperuda         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehehe. Now That fits
Posts: 240 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
This is a person who hangs his tux next to his blue jeans in the closet. Well, not really, this is a person who's closet is completely organized and the tux (and you can be sure that if he doesn't already have one, it is only because he likes to get the latest styles and so he might be "between tuxes" at the moment. He is hyper-organized even to the point of driving friends off (a little) with his obsessing over the smallest details.

Actually, this is almost completely wrong. I dress anti-style purposefully. Also, I'm horribly disorganized (not that I don't want to be organized -- I'm just lazy).

quote:
But he has many friends with whom he shares a deep understanding. A meeting of like minds and sharp intellects. He is the uncontested leader, however, because of his polish and bearing.

Very close, although I wouldn't necessarily say I'm very polished (although I can act that way to strangers occasionally).

quote:
When he enters a room, people actually do stop and stare, and try to hear what he has to say.

Hehe... I wish...

quote:
Sadly, no-one knows him in all his moods or phases. There's an element of pulling back here as well. An intensely private side that no-one shares...yet. And maybe that day will never come, but he hopes for one true partner. He just fears that his darkest moods would drive any sane person away.

And that brings us to the real kernel here. This is a person who cares deeply about others and would suffer the tortures of the damned rather than hurt another living soul. A very sensitive person who is, if anything, overly critical of himself and NOT others.

This is pretty dead-on. Overall, I'm very impressed. You wouldn't really ask me to be banned would you Bob? I'm not that bad of a guy...

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Of course I would never ask to have you banned!

I might not sit near you at the ice cream parlor, but that's probably for your own benefit...

By the way...I predict "clothes for every occasion" in your future.

Watch out!!!

It's inevitable given your ice cream choices.

Marlozhan
Member # 2422

- posted      Profile for Marlozhan   Email Marlozhan         Edit/Delete Post 
I like butter pecan.

I love chocolate syrup over the top.

I eat half of it frozen, fresh out of the container. Then, I start to stir it like crazy until it is a milkshake in my bowl and I eat the rest of it that way.

On other days, I just build tunnels, mountains, and moats with my ice cream. Just plain chocolate ice cream, without the toppings, works best for that.

Posts: 684 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, for the moment I wear "whatever is clean" but I *do* daydream about having clothes for every occasion. The daydream involves servants, a fashion advisor, limo's, sports cars, etc. -- It just dissolves in on itself...

I'm gonna have to win that billion dollars from Pepsi...

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Shan:
Oversize, multi-colored, hand-painted ceramic soup mug. Heavy.

Pecan praline, 3 large scoops. Caramel topping (the kind you have to heat slightly first, otherwise your spoon gets stuck) - allowed to puddle in the bottom of the bowl because it is so much fun to eat a big spoonful of the stuff at the end. Normal sized spoon.

One Heinekin to complement.

quote:
Pecan Praline is the choice of the truely cerebral. These people are thinkers and also are generally thought of as "nice" people. They can be very complex and typically hide much of themselves from others. In fact, it takes years and years to really know this person. But the time is filled with interesting thoughts, if not so much flowing conversation.

quote:
Using beer to complement an ice cream treat is the sign that you are searching for someone truly unconventional. You know your tastes run to the "trashy side" but you want that really to just be an "act". You like the "bad side" in your lovers as long as they can class it up a bit when necessary. Like when meeting the relatives...You are a bit stand-off-ish however, and may not be looking for a full blown love affair. More like a meeting of the minds and some good fun. Compatibility isn't a real issue for you because you can actually see the good in everyone and the fun you can have with them.

quote:
Heating the ice cream first -- to soften it so the spoon can get through it -- is a sign of not enjoying conflict situations. In fact, this is one of your fears with intimate relationships...that they always seem to evolve into conflict if not open war. And you just naturally pull away from that. Liking that soupy last spoonful is a sign that you always finish what you start and, in fact, get a little bit upset with those who don't have that kind of staying power.

quote:
Eating your ice cream from a heavy, Oversize, multi-colored, hand-painted ceramic soup mug shows that you truly love your work. It gives you great satisfaction and it is part of the definition of who you are. You have some real down-to-earth approaches to most tasks but are capable of some amazing flashes of insight. It comes from loving your subject matter so much that you can make those brilliant connections that would never occur to most people. You don't see this as anything special. As a result, you are probably underpaid and taken advantage of...and may not even care most of the time.

Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Blink.

Wow.

I always thought that country song "I like my women a little on the trashy side" would have been great for a woman singing for men . . . hmmm.

You're right - they need to clean it up a bit before going home to mama. But that's a new wrinkle. I used to love the shock effect.

I'm blown away, Bob - even after reading it with the info you shared about these sorts of soothsayer activites on the writers workshop side firmly in mind.

Thank you.

Wow.

*Wanders off shaking head in amazement.*

Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Okay, I think I've come up with a way to exploit this whole thing for profit...

What would you say to a story titled (what else?) Ice Cream?

Basically, it's the story of a guy who is "gifted" with this power to instantly tell what kind of ice cream a person would like as soon as they walk into his store. Sometimes he helps people by changing their initial selections to what he knows would be just perfect for their mood right then.

It's mostly harmless, until he falls in love with a young woman who orders exactly what he knows his dream mate would be.

Problem is, he's married. And of course, she's a Rocky Road fan...with whipped cream no less. We establish early on that his home life is hell. The woman is so bizarrely complicated and treats him poorly. But he understands her because he knows the flavor of ice cream she likes.

He's been trying all their married life to slowly changer her to a "better flavor."

But she finds him fantasizing about the perfect woman who walked into his store. She leaves him with nothing. Runs up all the credit cards. Bankrupts his little ice cream business.

But he gets the girl.

And starts changing her to enjoy Rocky Road...

What do you think???

Too "French" an ending?

(ps: I'm serious, should I write this story????)

coil
Member # 4571

I'm a little confused between "shes" here, but it seems like a pretty novel (no pun intended) that you could really do some cool things with.

Remind me what rocky road says about a person? And which of them likes rocky road? What's *his* favorite flavor? Maybe *because* he has this gift, he can't *have* his own favorite flavor... or something wrinkly like that? Hmm. (:

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Does he intentionally try to change her, or does he just notice the changes and slowly realize that it’s living with him that causes rocky road-ness? And then we find out that he’s some flavor that induces rocky road cravings in women?

I’d read it!

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.