FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The ice cream personality profile (Page 8)

This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   
Author Topic: The ice cream personality profile
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to start the 8th page.

And I don't think I've told Bob what a spectacular job he's doing yet...so, um, yeah. What I just said, Bob.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fossil
Member # 2958

- posted      Profile for Fossil           Edit/Delete Post 
(still awaits profile, patiently. Eats some ice cream)
Posts: 995 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mr.Funny
Member # 4467

- posted      Profile for Mr.Funny           Edit/Delete Post 
*ditto*
Posts: 1466 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
brand: edys
flavor: samoas(girl scout cookies)
bowl: out of the box
state: the way it comes

Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all.

I'm in Daytona at Bike Week. I'll get back to this stuff eventually. Not until middle of next week at the earliest, though. And then my brother is coming for a visit and he'll probably want to chat, go places, etc...

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fossil
Member # 2958

- posted      Profile for Fossil           Edit/Delete Post 
(head starts spinning around. Continues eating ice cream)
Posts: 995 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure how to link to the above posts, but.....BUMP.

Hobbes

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ForestJane
Member # 4223

- posted      Profile for ForestJane           Edit/Delete Post 
*taking my straw and beginning a straw sculpture while I wait in the ice cream parlor*

Straw Sculptures

Hate to BUMP into one of those on a dark night!

Posts: 112 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
But, that's so far away!!!!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm finally posting this because it looks like this thread just won't slow down and the only way to get my profile is just to jump into the queue. Also, I had some good ice cream today, so I'm in the mood to talk about it.

Flavor: mint chocolate chip.
Toppings: none, or hot fudge
Method of eating: eat it slowly enough to savor it and let it get a little soft, but not long enough to let it melt.
Bowl: waffle cone. (If it has to be an actual bowl, I just want it clean and not warm).

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Must . . . save . . . thread! At least until I get my profile, anyhow.
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Carrie:
Flavor: None, I don't eat ice cream (and haven't for over 4.5 years).
Toppings: Everything but cherries. Cherries are yucky.

How to eat: Mix it all up and go nuts.

Okay...this is a person who doesn't eat any ice cream at all, but likes topings and mixes them up.

Let's see...

quote:
Those who avoid ice cream altogether are prone to look for external causes and sources. In effect, these are highly changeable personalities who actually mirror the people and events in their immediate surroundings. You might find this person gradually learning to laugh like you, talk like you, walk like you and even trying to take over your life (in extreme cases, of course). This type of person is, on the plus side, VERY sensitive to other's feelings and can read the subtlest of cues from those they are close to. Often very giving, very forgiving and eager to please. Willing to go along with just about anything and always up for new experiences. These people have remarkable memories for personal details and will often serve as the "memory bank" among their friends.
quote:
Those who like (almost) every topping and mix them all together are the social gadflies among us. They get along with everyone and can usually find something of value in every person. They don't necessarily settle well with just one person, but if they do settle down, it is often either a temporary arrangement or some sort of accommodation is required in the relationship to feed their constant need for novel experiences and new people. These people are very intense and a lot of fun to be around because they have a huge circle of different types of people with whom they build remarkably close ties.
quote:
Usually, the decision to forego cherries as a topping would indicate a person who is not looking for a single strong person to enter their life. In this case, there is an extreme -- almost a fear of that strong individual who might hamper an otherwise full and exciting existence. It's as if this type of person subconsciously knows that if they found their one true soul mate, they might actually disappear into that person's life, losing their own "self" in the bargain. There's another aspect of this. There is a chance that the right person will come along and then, watch out! It's possible this has already happened once and the experience was unsettling -- hard to tell without more details -- but I get the sense that there's a "once-bitten-twice-shy element indicated by the choice to avoid cherries.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

asQmh:
Gingerbread ice cream (great stuff)
a dot of coolwhip and
kinda melty, but not mush.

Ah, a new flavor to explore! Bless you!

quote:
Gingerbread ice cream is the flavor of choice for those who lead a rich fantasy life. These are people who love a good story, especially if the theme is "good versus evil" at some fundamental level. And this is how they see the world too. They are decidedly on the "good" side. You will find that that they have a strong sense of right and wrong, and are among those who are sought out for advice and counsel among their group of friends. Many tell them that they would make a great lawyer, but in reality these people make better judges than lawyers. They are highly ethical and treat everyone fairly. Don't expect to be coddled, though. They are usually big proponents of common sense and don't give much credit to those who lack it.
quote:
Cool Whip® topping, used sparingly, is a sign of some past problems in the relationship realm. This person has learned a certain amount of distrust and will put up barriers to deep commitment because of the "artificial" nature of many people. Perhaps there's been a bad example in growing up, or maybe a bad relationship in the past. But, still, the right person has a chance. To win this person's heart, you have to go easy, be practical and self-assured, and be willing to wait. Give it time and you'll see how amazing a life can be when you have a truly wise person as a partner!
quote:
The melty-but-not-mush preference indicates a desire to avoid conflict, as we've seen before. This person is likely to intellectualize this, however, and avoid conflict mainly because there's only one right way to do things anyway, so what's the use of argument or discord? A very easy person to work with because there's always clarity and direction when assignments are handed out. But, as a supervisor, there's a tendency to micro-manage and not trust others to do it "just right." This tendency can be overcome with effort and this person also knows the practical side of the need to delegate and to let other people learn through experience.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Kayla asks:
quote:

I have a question though. What if the only type of ice cream you can actually keep down is the very dark chocolate type? Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie is one of the few that I can actually eat. (There is a store brand that I can eat, but those are pretty much the only two.) I've heard it has something to do with the chocolate, but all other types come right back up...still cold by the way!
So, I guess the question is, does that change the personality profile at all?

The short answer is that YES, it does change the profile a great deal. And the long answer is that it actually reinforces the profile to be more extreme in the direction that you would normally achieve with a mere "preference."

Fortunately for you, to be extreme in the direction indicated by Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie is a wonderful thing. To whit:

quote:
Those who eat exclusively Ben & Jerry's Chocolate Fudge Brownie are deeply sensual and loving. They have a somewhat complex personality in that they are willing to explore new sensations and thus have an adventurous side that might be shocking to the uninitiated. But those who know them know that this person is dedicated to providing pleasurable experiences to everyone. A very generous spirit, this person will often overwhelm friends with gifts of time, compassion, and just plain fun. There appears to be no limit to her generosity...

Unless crossed! That's the other side of the passion. This person is slow to anger. A friend might get away with maltreatment for YEARS before the explosion comes. But when it does, there's scorched earth and bomb craters when all is said and done. Fortunately, this is not a frequent event. It may only happen once or twice in a lifetime. Just don't be the cause of it, and all will be fine!

quote:
liking the ice cream still cold is a sign of a desire to take things as they come. This is not a person who needs the world to change for her (although it would be nice sometimes). But no matter -- what will be, will be. As long as everyone is having fun and being cared for, there's no problem with a few rough edges.

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Bob. You been reading my posts lately?

(By the way, it comes up still cold...ewww [Wink] )

BTW, that still pretty much nails me dead on. I really think you could make some money from this...

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

T_Smith:
4 scoops Pumpkin Ice Cream
Dulce de Leche poured all over it
Eaten when its real soft, enjoying every bite.

Another interesting flavor!!!

quote:
Pumpkin ice cream is the flavor of the down-to-earth "old souls" among us. These are people who just seem timeless in their approach. It is not surprising to find this type of person practicing crafts that require years of patient study to master and are, in themselves, timeless. Not necessarily a techno-phobe though, either. In fact, this is more a person who is at home in most situations because of the good solid grounding they possess.

There's a bit of a wild side, though. Many are surprised when they find this person having "weird" adventures or even living a life filled with trouble or strife, especially monetary. Those things are usually just temporary and the one basic truth is that this person will always find a stable base, eventually. Everything takes time though. And that's something this type of person usually learns early in life -- patience brings its own rewards.

quote:
Dulce de Leche (or sweetened condensed milk -- Spanish style) is a topping that indicates this person wants one true love in life. If you are that person, you will fill every nook and cranny in this one's being. Life together will be richer by far than any possible life apart. There's an element of neediness here, but a strong personality should be able to handle it without it becoming a problem. You have to be willing to become the most important person in someone else's life to make this relationship work. And that means that this person's soulmate simply MUST be kind and self-assured.
quote:
Eating the ice cream very soft is a sign of a fear of being challenged or of conflict. It's perhaps surprising in this case because of the choice of flavors, but there's always a bit of insecurity that comes from knowing oneself so completely and knowing how deeply one gives oneself to others. That's the real issue -- the risk of being hurt badly in relationships. But, on the plus side, this is a person who will savor every moment of a building relationship. It will be slow and deep, no matter how far the thing goes in the long run. There's very little desire for superficiality here.

And that carries over into working relationships. And make no mistake, to this person, coworkers are family too. This is a person who does EVERYTHING based on relationships. A loyal employee, friend or lover!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

And if you were on PAGE 4 and I missed you, speak up! Otherwise, it's on to PAGE 5!!!

[Big Grin]

Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
When you have time, my dear Scopatz...

Coffee soft serve, like that from Dairy Queen.

Hot Chocolate, hot Caramel, lots of whipped cream, and a cherry on top.

Preferably in a cup, so I don't get my hands sticky.

-Bok

[ March 24, 2003, 10:14 AM: Message edited by: Bokonon ]

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Ohh, I'm not tell page 7! [Frown]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
*wipes a tear*

That was beautiful, Bob. [Smile] !!

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't want to request mine because Bob already seems so overwhelmed, but I'm too curious.

The Infamous Rocky Road!
Bowl and spoon
Ice cold
No toppings

[ March 20, 2003, 01:16 AM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm. Eerie.
Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

graywolfe:
quote:
Difficult question, I think for me, the answer is probably Pralines and Cream since it is the one I most frequenly order at Ice Cream shops (I'm also a fan of Green Tea, and Peach and Mango flavored ice cream), although if Ice Cream is accompanying something (fruit, a milk shake etc) it always has to be vanilla. I like to eat it in a cone, or in a cup or bowl, doesn't really matter which (although I like cone's best when they're those glorious smelling, waffle like looking old school kinds), And I never, ever, bite ice cream, it's always handled exclusively through the tongue, no teeth involved. Oh and I don't like toppings much either, I never use them (particularly nuts, I loathe nuts, but I deal with Pralines and Cream because I've been eating that since I was little before I'd made any concrete ruling on whether or not nuts were acceptable).
quote:
Pralines and cream is the flavor of choice for those who are full of mischief. You might find this person making outrageous practical jokes, or, in more severe cases, becoming a con artist. But only for the fun of it. Typically, these people are into magic tricks and are called upon in many social settings because they are so clever and entertaining.

In relationships, this personality type is full of fun and, if you are part of their inner-circle, can make life truly exciting. A great lover of props. This person may find the need for a closetful of disguises or costumes. Or, this could manifest itself in a love of dressing contrary to expectations. It all depends on resources.

Not a lover of authority in any manifestation. But usually forgiven for all the "attitude" because of sheer brilliance and how well liked they are by others. This is a person known for getting away with things that would land others in hot water.

A very complex person who is unpredictable. Close friends and family don't even bother trying to predict anymore.

quote:
We've seen before how those who eschew toppings are really not looking for a soul mate. They are complete persons unto themselves and often think of themselves as loners -- even if in truth they have lots of friends. Its a question of who they'll let come close.

To win this person's affection, you really have to not play ANY games. Even if this person strikes you as completely dedicated to fun and mischief, they aren't looking for that in others. Play it straight and you'll get through.

quote:
The love of the old-fashioned style cone -- and especially noting the scent of it -- is an indication of a desire to return to some of the happiness of early childhood. There may be an element of delayed maturation here, but just as likely it could just be a desire to have as much fun as possible for as long as possible. To put off the responsibilities of adulthood until later...
quote:
The professed ability to eat ice cream from ANY container is a sign that this person really enjoys productive work, in any shape. This is the type of person who might simply fall into a wonderful career because it came along at the right time. The flip side of that, of course, is that the personality may not be ready to choose a path for itself, so it may default into whatever comes along. But that's okay. This person will succeed and have fun.
quote:
The tongue-only approach to ice cream is another indication of the way this person deals with life. It is always at the surface. While there's a lot to savor there, there's an element of fearing to go deeper or perhaps of becoming too committed (biting off more than one is ready for). This may change once a more definite path in life is found, or if that soulmate can really "get inside."

ForestJane
Member # 4223

[Cool] Glad you've come back to this thread, Bob. I'm waiting (impatiently) for you to get to us lurkers and other unimportant people on the bottom of the list... [Wink]
Posts: 112 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

del:
Cookie dough.
Let it melt partially, then mix it with a spoon so it becomes smooth. Eat the cookie dough chunks first, then the rest of the ice cream.

Yeah

quote:
Cookie dough ice cream is preferred by those who are complex for complexity's sake. Really, they love it. Anything less than a complex life would be boring.

You might actually find this type of person making things harder for themselves than absolutely necessary. They love a challenge.

The only downside to this is a tendency to go off half-baked. The "cookie dough" person is wont to rush in where angels fear to tread. Usually, they come out just fine, much to the amazement of those who watch it all happening.

On the rare occassions where they fail, however, they take it all in stride. It's all a puzzle and failure is never final for them. The lessons are stored up and used in the future. Don't be surprised to see them try, try again.

Very adaptable and willing to try another person's approach -- they may legitimately take credit for the solution because they recognized its worth when no-one else did. But they don't really do it for the credit and are often surprised when people harbor resentment. It's all about the end result for them.

quote:
The eating style described is the sole exception to the "eat it melted = avoiding conflict" rule we've seen so often before. This person actually seeks out the tough stuff first -- examining the problem every which way. To them, the rest of the stuff is just supporting material to be gotten to later. Give them the problem and set them loose!
quote:
We don't have much detail on relationships here, but it is probably safe to say that this person doesn't mind being with "high maintenance" people. In fact, if the relationship requires work and is somewhat unsettling, they'll be drawn to it like a moth to a flame. And sometimes they do get burned. But always the fighter, this person is seldom at a loss for something new to take away from even the most bitter experience.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

DeathofBees:
Can't resist... Ice cream is my favorite food.
Flavor: Bordeaux Cherry from Umpqua Dairy (Hey! My feet are Longfellows!)
Toppings: None
In: A perfectly round-bottomed bowl so I can get every last drop with my soup spoon
Method: Eaten slowly, one bite at a time and allowing all the ice cream to melt away from the luscious cherry halves before I bite into them.
Edited to add: This is one ice cream I cannot eat alone. I must have my best friend Elisabeth with me and it tastes best while watching anime.

First, a word about Umpqua Dairy:
quote:
Umpqua Dairy is the largest independent dairy in Southern Oregon. In our modern plant, we manufacture a complete line of ice cream and dairy products as well as orange juice. Wholesale distribution of frozen foods and other refrigerated items completes the list of products available to grocery stores, restaurants, hospitals and schools.

Umpqua Dairy receives fresh milk daily from area farms, and our state-of-the-art technology ensures that no more than 24 hours pass between milking and processing. This, combined with our stringent on-site laboratory testing and extensive fleet of delivery trucks, is why we are able to offer a 100 percent satisfaction-guarantee on all of our dairy products.

So...you see that this is a truly discriminating person.

And, those for whom ice cream is their favorite food have a special status in the personality profile. They are the archetypal personalities. The definitions for others...

quote:
Bordeaux Cherry from Umpqua Dairy is the flavor of choice for those who have many varied loves in life. And that doesn't just mean people, but things, activities, everything. This is a person who loves life. And, these are great people for sharing too.

This particular choice of flavors -- a premium flavor from a limited production house -- indicates a mastery of self rarely seen. This person is as close to self-actualized as one can get at such an early age.

And make no mistake, this person is still young, but already has a handle on what it means to be themself.

It's eerie, and the confidence sometimes just "leaks out" right now, because there's a lack of practice. But as this person ages...watch out!!!

quote:
The method of eating and the choice of bowl & spoon and even eating with a friend while enjoying a favorite activity are all part of the same general thing above. What would you expect from someone so in tune with their own self?

The savoring of every last drop is just the innate love of life coming through. And those cherry halves are the avatars of all that life has to offer.

My Hatrack friends...I feel like I'm gushing here, but I have to say that this is such a rare personality that we should all enjoy it while we can.

This person is going to do great things, make no mistake. You heard it here first!

And whether that means fame and fortune or just being the most amazing parent or spouse in the world, it will not matter one whit to this person.

It isn't about that. It is about life. All of life...

Given time and a bit of luck, this is the kind of person who will make more of those opportunities than most anyone you can think of!!!

[ March 22, 2003, 08:38 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

and thus ends the submissions on the 5th page.
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, Bees! And to think - Nathan and I got to spend an ENTIRE day with you!
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

I'd be afraid to. I might end up feeling very inadequate or like I'd wasted my life.

Of course, sometimes all these tendencies are latent and you might not even recognize them until much later in life or after some pivotal event.

Like I said...just remember you heard it here first.

[Big Grin]

Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
(Note, I did not bother to check out any previous profiles, as this is actually my first visit to this thread, so I'm asking for it)

Flavor: Caramel Pecan Praline
Toppings: none
How it's eaten: I prefer it to be frozen. I'll eat it in a plastic bowl. I'll put a lot of ice cream into the bowl.

Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ForestJane
Member # 4223

I'm next, I'm next! [Big Grin]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Forest Jane:
I'm another Cherry Garcia afictionado, BUT I prefer the yogurt version they make to the ice cream type.
I eat it out of the container, with a regular spoon. I eat one heaping spoonful at a time. The cherry halves go to the upper right side of my mouth, between teeth and inner cheek, while the dark chocolate 'planks' are diverted to the upper left side of the mouth. When all the yogurt from that bite is gone, the cherry is thawed enough to eat, so I pull it down with my tongue and enjoy the cherry flavor (and a little of the chocolate from the left side is melting down, oozily, to mix with the cherry.... Last, I'll use my tongue to clean out the mush of chocolate on the left side, savoring it just at the correct stage of meltiness.

I follow the same routine with each spoonful.

quote:
You may be surprised to learn that the traits for frozen yogurt lovers are subtly different than for those who enjoy the same flavor in it's ice cream variety.

For example, the information for Cherry Garcia ice cream is:
An affinity for Cherry Garcia ice cream indicates a timeless personality. This person would be at home in any era. Just plunk her down and set her loose. Oddly, in the present day and time she feels almost like a misfit. Or perhaps a gypsy -- wandering and going from place to place, person to person, job to job. The "Cherry Garcia" person is likely to be extremely well read, have very diverse tastes in clothing, music, and art, but with a somewhat romantic eye towards the past or the future.

For Yogurt-based Cherry Garcia, the situation is somewhat different. To whit:
This person is somewhat of an iconoclast. The "timeless" personality is there, but it is of an eccentric nature. This person is likely to not care about being a misfit in the present day and circumstances, but more to relish her unique ability to shock and dismay others by simply being herself.

There's an aura of disrepute that is definitely not true, though. This type of person is not immoral or somehow dangerous. She is just different enough, however, to earn the distrust of others.

Until they know her. Then she is the oddball friend that people like to bring to parties. Sort of to show off how broad-minded they are. In reality, this happens because people who know her realize that they are in good and caring hands and it's just that nobody realizes it.

More on this later in the profile.

Hmm...weird, huh? I hope that gets clarified. I'm confused...

quote:
The eating style is so revealing. In fact, the preference for a flavor like Cherry Garcia -- with its three main parts -- is almost dictated by the eating style, rather than vice versa.

What does this mean? Let us see:

First the yogurt is melted. A good sign. This indicates that this is a person who likes to get the important tasks done first. A highly organized personality in many ways. Although outwardly, it may not show. In fact, this person may seem "flighty" or "irresponsible" to some people. Nothing could be further from the truth.

She may not be able to articulate the reasons for her choices in every instance, but she is nothing if not consistent in her choices and her behavior.

We're dealing with a deeply subconscious thing here.

In fact, while it may not be true in this case, there is a hint of obsessiveness in the whole eating style. The plus side is that this person has learned how to make that obssessive nature WORK for her.

Next come the cherries. Why? Because it's time. They are ready.

Finally the chocolate. A deferred gratification that makes it all the more sweet.

What's going on here?

Well, I'll tell you:

There are three phases or parts to this person's life. I can't judge from the information provided which of the three phases she is in right now. And whether or not there's fluidity between the phases (maybe they are three roles that swap in and out of the ascendant position? But probably it's a phased approach to life.

There's the early part, the middle part and the end game.

And that is how you make sense of the confusion implied by the flavor choice as mentioned above. What you are seeing is a person who is able to live now for the future -- the end.

And she is always working toward that end. Whether consciously or subconsciously, this is a person who is working toward what she knows will be her end state -- the final ascendant "her."

Knowing that, it all makes sense. The timelessness, but rather eccentric nature. The vague unease that people feel when in her presence. (and make no mistake it IS a "presence" much as she might try to be subdued). The idiosyncratic consistency. It's all there because she is acting today for the future and that's always a game where there's a mismatch of action to triggering events, no?

quote:
To this person, eating the yogurt out of the carton is a definite choice. It is saying to the world that she is ready to take whatever, whenever. It is all part of the "plan" and it'll all work out. She is an amazing co-worker because of her ability to accept 180 degree turns in a project as if they were expected.
quote:
Finally, this person has incredible patience. It is a manifestation of her working toward a "plan." What that plan is, she may not be able to say. But this is a person who, when she looks back on her life, will be able to see very clearly the steps that got her right to where she is, and she will know intuitively that it is right where she is supposed to be.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Amka:
Vanilla, and _lots_ of caramel. I like the caramel warm, and the best caramel I've had is at a place here called Leatherby's Icecream. You get it in a large sundae cup, where the warm caramel dribbles into the plate that holds the cup and they put a scoop in the the bottom of the sundae too, where you can spoon it up and have lovely warm caramel with every cold ice cream bite. It is fantastically good from frozen to melted up and mixed together like a shake.

If at home, I also drench my vanilla icecream in caramel, but I also add bananas and sometimes chocolate.

quote:
Vanilla is the flavor of choice for those who have a purist's approach to the world. They don't like games and don't play games themselves -- especially not with other's affections. These are the "classic" personalities among us. They are usually strong-willed and usually accomplish what they set out to do. There's an element of blandness here, but that doesn't bother this type of person. They don't go in for all the flashy stuff and they aren't as impressed by it as they might "let on" just to humor others.

They like to get along with just about everyone. Usually form part of the basic core to any group in which they belong. Always have a lot of staying power -- very loyal.

quote:
Warm caramel is a choice of toppings that indicates the search for a single true love. That person must be sweet natured, kind and just as uncomplicated as she is. You are expected, however, to be the basis of everything. Her rock...

The addition of other topings "when at home" indicates what that one true love will get once this person is comfortable with you. It's an amazing panoply of varied interests. She will surprise you with variety. It is also an indication of room for a family. And the expectation that the "kids" will be their own people -- adding their own unique facets to life. She welcomes this. It is important to her.

quote:
The sundae glass on a plate (to catch the drippings) is a sign of a person who plans ahead and always makes sure there are multiple backups in place. Not one to go off half-loaded. This person will spend the extra time and effort to set the stage for success and then make sure that everything goes well.

Detractors consider her a bit of a show-off, in the sense that she packages the work she does in a very high-end manner. But really, it isn't to gain extra praise that she does that. It's that the job isn't done right unless it feels and looks good too. The secret to the success is that her work on the inside lives up to the surface good looks of the final product.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Jeni:
Vanilla, microwaved for a few seconds, then with a chopped banana mixed in.

quote:
Wow! we almost missed this one, it was so short. Okay, Vanilla is the classicist -- a touch of old-world charm. Hates playing games. What you see is what you get.

quote:
Microwaved!!! [Eek!] for a few seconds then a chopped banana is mixed in. Well, the banana, being mixed in rather than used in the "split" formation, indicates a tendency to have multiple love interests -- not necessarily all at once. More like, this person is not interested in being tied down to one steady person just yet.

The microwaving is a sign of desire to remake the world to her liking. It is a powerful urge to change things that makes her, in a way, not ready to commit to a single person. "If I have to change him..." (you fill in the rest).

This is a temporary state. In fact, it might change at any time. Why? Because all it would take is for her to find the right person -- the one that she doesn't want to change. (He may even need changing -- that's not the point. It's that she doesn't want to! Isn't compelled to...)

This will be (or may have already been...) the signal of a broad change in this person's life. A relaxation, if you follow me, from the need to change the world and gain a perspective of acceptance. No telling when this might happen. It may have happened already.

When it does, look for this person to change her toppings, if not the whole favorite flavor!!!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Marlozan:

I like butter pecan.
I love chocolate syrup over the top.

I eat half of it frozen, fresh out of the container. Then, I start to stir it like crazy until it is a milkshake in my bowl and I eat the rest of it that way.

On other days, I just build tunnels, mountains, and moats with my ice cream. Just plain chocolate ice cream, without the toppings, works best for that.

quote:
Butter pecan is the choice of the highly intelligent. These "cerebral" types will think and think and then think some more. They make excellent philosophers or architects because they understand relationships among concepts and uses.

This person also switches to chocolate for use in "playing" with ice cream. This is a choice for structural reasons, rather than reasons of taste. But this is still a valid reflection on the personality. A dual personality type, by the way.

As the need arises, the cerebral nature of the person gives way to the sensual. This shift is a pragmatic one, however. It is thought out and planned by the cerebral side. What is it for? Why to woo and keep a mate. Something that matters because the thing this person values more than the ability to think is the ability to share thoughts with the right person!

quote:
The 50:50 way of eating the ice cream reinforces the notion of a dualism. The headstrong practical thinking side attacks the ice cream in the carton and takes it just as it is. This is the information gatherer. The person for whom truth is sacred and must be sought in its native form.

Then there is time for play and exploration. This is the sensual side taking over. It's a learning mode too, but a different one from the more scientific/engineering oriented one that precedes it into the depths of the carton. In this mode, the person is displaying a somewhat impatient nature. The goal is to break things down to their atomic level and see what makes them tick. It's this way with relationships too. At first, it's all very much about the mind. But then, later, when things get really serious, the goal is to know EVERYTHING about that other person, in as much detail as possible.

quote:
Tunnels, mountains and moats, Oh MY! This is the explorer coming through. A sign to everyone. This person will get you to stretch your capabilities to their utmost. A great leader!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

That's it for page 6!!!
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
He's on a roll!!

Once again: you rock, Bob! [Smile]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

I'm so close! The anticipation is killing me!
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Plain vanilla with a little whip cream and a lot of chocolate syrup sprinkled with chopped almonds that are dipped in dark chocolate. I also have it with a cherry on top if I feel like it. [Smile]

*drools*
*drools more*
*wipes up drool only to find.... more drool to clean up*
*prepares best ice cream treat ever*

Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
If it is possible, I think that these are getting better and more fun to read as they go on! Thank you so much for your perseverance Bob!
Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Hobbes:
I don't like ice cream unless it's home-made. The best ice-cream I ever had was vannila, made not through churning it in a metal case that was put in salt and ice, but ice cream made by pouring in Liquid Nitrogen. So that's my flavor.
Toppings: sprinkles are OK, but unless I'm in the mood for great quantities of sugar, no toppings.

Liquid Nitrogen cold, but since it doesn't have enough time to truly fully freeze, it's texture is a little melty.

quote:
Those who prefer homemade vanilla ice cream are usually traditionalists at heart. These people are usually very patriotic and like to keep things simple. Prone to see the world in absolute terms, they have a very strong moral code and stick to it religiously. But see below!
quote:
Making ice cream with liquid nitrogen is a sign of a wild and experimental nature. This is a person who will try ANYTHING once and will usually enjoy the experience even if the results are less than optimal. This is a risk-taker who will often be the first to adopt a new technique or new technology. A real front-line person. Often given to wild fantasies involving fame and fortune, sometimes these people actually achieve it and change the world. This one bears watching. Close, constant monitoring...
quote:
The choice of no toppings (usually) or sprinkles (less frequently) indicates some ambivalence about relationships. This is a person who can take or leave it in terms of romance -- it's just not a priority right now. The friendships that are formed are very compartmentalized and discrete. Not a lot of boisterousness or overriding passion here. Just a healthy desire to find people who can add a little something. Maybe a little jaded -- as in this person doesn't really expect much from others and so is seldom disappointed by friends or lovers.
quote:
The choice of freezing cold ice cream chilled via the application of liquid nitrogen indicates a tendency to learn the hard way. This is a person who generally prefers NOT to learn through word of mouth, but rather through personal experience.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Mr. Funny:
Most definately Brown Cow icecream from Tillamook, with a dash of chocolate syrup and in a medium-sized glass bowl (unless it is a bigger portion). Oh and just a hint of meltedness.

quote:
For those who aren't familiar with it, Tillamook Cheese is a farmer-owned cooperative which produces various premium grades of ice cream. Brown Cow is one of their "high end" products. It consists of white chocolate ice cream and rich, sweet; brown chocolate ice cream swirled together with chocolate flakes. This is the flavor of choice of the person who has two well-defined and separable "lives." There's the traditionalist who knows how to play the game and play it well. During the day, perhaps, this is the respectable, highly successful person. Dresses for success. Then, the other personality comes through in the free time! And that is a wild, fun loving person who really knows how to have a good time. Running through this is the "glue" of romanticism that binds it all together into a cohesive whole. You will find this person making you the center of attention (the romance angle) but also being in the limelight right along with you. It's almost as if this person was born to wealth and position. Weilds power fairly but with a real flair. Considered by some to be "unreliable," the truth is that this is a person who will always find a way to make quality the top consideration.
quote:
The "dash" of chocolate syrup indicates a desire for a truly romantic mate. There is an expectation that you will conform to the strong personality of this person, but that's okay. You'll get all the attention you need as this person's friend or love interest. Just be prepared to not have your way all the time.
quote:
The choice of a medium-sized glass bowl indicates a desire for manageable projects. Perhaps this person would be best for running a small company. The best management approach is openness -- everything should be done in a highly visible manner and where everyone will know who did what work.
quote:
The "hint of meltedness" indicates a desire to have the world conform -- even just a little bit, to personal goals. A sure-footed person who knows what he wants and how to get it, this person is willing to wait if that will make things work more to his liking.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Jon Boy:
Chocolate mousse ice cream in a bowl, no toppings, soft enough that it melts in my mouth, but not so soft that it melts before I'm done eating it.

quote:
Chocolate mousse ice cream is the choice of the uber-romantic. This is a person who goes beyond romance into chivalry -- and the model is knighthood, gallantry, and esprit de corps. Most people can sense a person of true quality here at first glance. Someone who was raise well and knows what he is about. What amazes most people is that that first impression is so accurate. This is a person who is through and through the "real deal."
quote:
We've seen the "no toppings" thing several times before in these pages. I'd just like to add that in this case it is not indicative of a desire to be alone in any way. Rather, this is the sign of someone who expects to be alone because he fears that no-one could live up to the impossible standards he sets for himself. When (if he hasn't already) he finds that person, it will create an instant, lifelong bond. Unbreakable and pure.
quote:
The use of a bowl indicates (as we've seen before) a desire to get the most out of life. There's an expectation here that one must really work to get the last full measure and this is a person willing to go after that goal. In the workplace, this person is likely to be known as a perfectionist. Perhaps even a pain to work with because of his high standards. But this is also a plus because everyone benefits from having that kind of dedication on the team. Makes an excellent teacher and trainer because he cares so much about others achieve the highest levels and succeeding themselves.
quote:
The desire to have somewhat melted ice cream but to have the ice cream completed before it completely melts just reinforces the notion that this person sees the "right way" to do things. There are rules and boundaries and this person understands them and makes them work for him. A bit of a tendency to shun confrontation, but this is more out of the warrior ethic than from any fear or balking nature. Those who press to hard are likely to find they've met a solid rock wall.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Primal Curve:
I like Green Tea ice cream. That's it. Give me that and I'm happy.

quote:
Green tea ice cream is the flavor of choice for those who tend toward cultural interests, especially anthropology and the arts and culture of foreign lands. These people love travel and are usually very adventurous.
quote:
There's some detail lacking here, but the profile for green tea ice cream lovers has many strong correlates in other realms of behavior and personality. Usually, these people have only one or at most two scoops at a time. They typically use a small bowl and tend to savor each spoonful, letting it melt lovingly over their tongue. Toppings are just not allowed.

The profile would indicate (in such cases) that the person is really interested in the processes of work and of finding better (smarter) ways of doing things. The ability to shut out distractions is a trait that others admire. Distractions such as friends or lovers are especially dealt with discretely -- not a lot of fanfare. Seriousness is a desired trait in the one true love. No games, please!

One last note -- there's a hint of melancholy that goes with this profile. It is infrequent and not too deep or long-lasting. It is more like the savoring of a bittersweet fugue state. Often, these episodes presage a massive burst of creative energy.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Prolixshore:
What if I like Chocolate Ice Cream in a glass with milk in it, and I eat it immediately so its still icy? Can you tell me what that means?

quote:
Yes. I can.
quote:
Chocolate ice cream in a glass of milk, but NOT turned into a shake is the sign of a personality that is in transition. This is a person who is feeling as if a plateau has been reached, but, in reality, this is just a temporary state.

This happens repeatedly to this person. Life is a series of new advances and long or short periods of stabilization. It baffles friends who sometimes are left behind when the next big "advance" takes place.

But there's an element of romance here. Of waiting to meld with just the right person. To become one, someday, over time. It is almost like this person is constantly in a state of suspense, hoping for the right external force to come along and make everything work out.

If anything, this person has a slight tendency to NOT be in charge of life. It might be worth working on that a bit, rather than waiting for life to simply "happen."

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Fossil:
Flavor-Cookie Dough

Toppings-Gummy worms, cookie bits, fudge, fudge syrup, that hard-shell stuff, peanut butter, or a combination of everything above

State-Frozen at first, but allowed to melt over time

Bowl-My Penguin bowl

quote:
Well, the cookie dough flavor we've seen before. It's the flavor of choice for truly complicated and somewhat unpredictable people. With a tendency to go off half-baked, these folks are often at the center of a maelstrom of competing interests and enthusiams. They make for extremely fun companions and friends because they have so many varied interests. A bit on the manic side at times, but that's not something to be concerned about as it is actually part of the charm and attracts people to you.
quote:
That list of toppings indicates an interest in every type of human. This is a person who delves into any person's life with reckless abandon. It's why there's such a huge cirle of friends and admirers. The strongest preference is for old-world romantic types, especially to fill the role of "soul mate" but all people are welcome. A truly empathic person, I would expect to see animals approach this person instinctively.
quote:
The special bowl -- a penguin bowl -- indicates a desire to run things in the work environment. Not necessarily be "in charge" but if not that, then to at least have a clearly defined set of tasks that belong to no-one else. Work itself is fun, especially because there are lots of people to interact with. Brings a sense of whimsy into the workplace. It seems strange to coworkers and supervisors, but the results don't lie, so it is tolerated.
quote:
starting out frozen but melting over time is the sign of a realist. This is a person who is not going to change the pace of life just get something slapped together. Emergencies are not to be turned into crises. Rather, the situations are dealt with as they are and as they evolve. This is a highly adaptable person who can make things work most of the time just by taking situations as they are and working smart.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Saudade:
I like double ice creams, served on a bowl so there is room for maneuver. Rose petals and cucumber are my favourites. The Rose ice cream with no topings, fresh and made with fragrant home grown non-altered or fumigated flowers. The cucumber ice cream I like topped with some powdered chili and a bit of extra salt.

quote:
Wow! We had to really dig for this one. This person is in the 99.99999th percentile. A person who lives an extremely unconventional life. Does not expect to be understood or admired. Just left in peace to enjoy what she has built with her own hard work.
quote:
The choice of rose petal ice cream indicates a very giving nature. This is someone who has been touched by loss and is sometimes lonely, but rarely depressed. Just savoring life's rich bounty. The strength of this person is in making something from (almost) nothing. There's a sense of more than just "making do" but also "making better" from what is there. Life is always full of possibilities and there is no fear of pursuing them.

The cucumber ice cream topped with powdered chili and extra salt indicates a strong sense of family. This is a person who sees deeply into other's souls and usually finds them worthy and beautiful. The big hope is for everyone to just work well together. The focus is always on improving life. Expect to see a small circle of close friends (more like family than just "friends") and an attitude of sharing everything.

quote:
The choice of a bowl "for room to maneuver" indicates a person who likes some flexibility in work. There should be varied duties and lots of room for growth to keep this person interested and engaged.

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Done with page 7!
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
My favorite flavor of ice cream is Grapenut. I have only ever found it in my home area of PA, though it may be available other places.

It's best homemade. Here is a recipe:
--------------------
Grapenut Ice Cream

1 qt. whole milk
2 eggs
1/8 tsp. salt
1 cup whipping cream
1/2 cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1/3 cup Grape Nuts
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
2 junket tablets dissolved in 1 tbs. cold water

Heat the milk until lukewarm and add the sugars. Separate the eggs and add the yolks well beaten, the vanilla, salt and dissolved junket tablets. Stir thoroughly and chill. Then fold in the egg whites beaten stiff and the whipping cream, combined with the Grape-Nuts. Stir thoroughly to mix all the ingredients. Freeze with ice cream maker. (Makes 2 quarts)

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 11 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.