FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Shockingly, We Have Some Pretty Cool Newbies Around Here (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Shockingly, We Have Some Pretty Cool Newbies Around Here
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

- posted      Profile for Chade Fallstar           Edit/Delete Post 
I suppose that is very true. Let me amend my prize request.

I'd like one of those big alarm clocks that goes off at 100 decibles. Simply because I'm sure the neighborhood would enjoy listening to it each morning.

Posts: 155 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
For a person who has attempted to become a Hatrack regular for over three years, do you know how difficult it is for me to see people like T_Smith and Jon Boy waltz in here and become welcomed within a single, measley, week?

I might never become a cool n00b but I think I make a pretty darn good geeky lurker. I fear I shant ever be welcomed into Hatrack society and blame this solely upon my over excessive use of smilies (Not my personality, surely!).

Do you have a long list of names you've registered, or summin? What were your previous handles?

And the prize should be the long-awaited Patridge Family thermos. If that was the prize, well, whoa mama jama.

[ August 28, 2003, 05:08 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

But Ralphie, I already own a complete collection of Partridge Family thermi (I think that should be the plural form) so you'll have to amend your prize for the likes of me.
Posts: 155 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
How about David Cassidy's unlisted phone number?
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Chade - O_O

God is on the phone. He's wondering if you'd be interested in haggling - a planet for a thermos. He's flexible.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

Ralphie, Please inform god that I would be willing to trade, but not if the planet is Mercury or Pluto. That would be a rip-off.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Toni,

If you lived in LA you could listen to Danny Bonaduce every weekday from 5:30AM to 10:00AM and Sunday through Thursday from 10:00PM to midnight.

Don't know where you're gonna go for the rest of your Partridge Family fix, though.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dio
Member # 4866

- posted      Profile for Dio           Edit/Delete Post 
<--Feels appreciated for contribution to the lurker/n00biness of hatrack
quote:
My own personal gauge was when I finally stopped nervously and almost pathologically checking all responses to all of my posts.
<--Is still a n00b according to this gauge
Posts: 14 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Xavier
Member # 405

- posted      Profile for Xavier   Email Xavier         Edit/Delete Post 
You have 8 posts and registered in 2003.

You're still a n00b by any guage [Smile] .

Posts: 5656 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Dio has rocked for a long, long time.
Now it's time for him to pass the torch.
He has songs of wildebeests and danger.
He has soared on the wings of a demon.

It's time to pass the torch!
You're too old to rock; no more rockin' for you!

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chade Fallstar
Member # 5581

We're takin' you to the home.
But we will sing a song about you.

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Do I count as a newbie?
Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I knew there had to be some other D fans out there!
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Do I count as a newbie?
If you do, I definately do!

I guess I do, because of my miserable post-count. (it's going up slowly! *hopeful grin*)

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
The D?

"There shined a shiny demon..."

And Raia: If you have to ask, then yes. Yes you do.

[ August 28, 2003, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hi
Member # 5289

- posted      Profile for Hi           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Do you have a long list of names you've registered, or summin? What were your previous handles?
No, I don't have that many nicks. [Razz]

Many of of my screen names I have posted under no more than once or twice. It's nothing particularly notable. I like to avoid giving them away mainly due to the fact that:

1) I rather not have my previous posts reflect my older, more mature self. Back then I was an immature, innocent, wide-eyed thirteen year old. Nowadays I am much more taller.

2) My next issue is a pride thing. I bet my life on it that no one will remember any of my nicks.
I'm kinda like that guy at the party that no one sees, that wants to be seen, but isn't.

Here are three screen names I have posted under (edited to add because I don't want to bump a dead thread: <grin> So I was off twenty two or so posts on my second one- sue me. Huge thanks to Papa Moose for finding it again for me.):

literateur- this was my first screen name. It was made during the days when I was an aspiring writer- Ironically enough, I stopped using it because I forgot how to spell it.

o_x_1eyedpirate - sumffin like that. Honestly, I don't know what I was thinking. I stopped using it because everyone thought I was a boy (and because I forgot how to spell it).

Azile- This is probably the one where I would post sporadically yet sparingly on. I would go through a short posting purge (Yes, 10 post purge), then stop and start again every couple of months.

(a Hi note: I never forgot how it spell Azile because it's my name spelled backwards *beams* )

More than a couple of times, I have started posting with the full intention of becoming a regular- only to stop and realize that, "Dang, this is a lot of work".

This post alone took me nearly One Hour. I am a very meticulous person- a perfectionist (notice how my whole post is chopped up in neat little sections? It look purty. [Big Grin] ). It's not surprising why my post count is so low, eh?

Really, I'm better off a lurker. [Hat]

[ August 30, 2003, 02:58 AM: Message edited by: Hi ]

Posts: 65 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
See, well thought out an pruscise, er, I mean precise. Just what we need. (See what I mean?)
Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
supercomplicated
Member # 5160

- posted      Profile for supercomplicated   Email supercomplicated         Edit/Delete Post 
Hi:

Hatrack lurkers unite! (Although, I doubt I count as much as you since I've only been lurking since mid January of this year, a couple months before I registered.)

[Smile]

Posts: 22 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
(This post is probably more for me than anyone else, but...)

It brings me joy that since I last posted on this thread (back in February when I still thought of myself as a newbie) I have definitely moved up to official Jatraquera status, at least in my mind. I have since met some other Jatraqueros in real life (T_Smith, Jon Boy, Diosmel Duda, popatr, and Hobbes [Big Grin] ), had a landmark post, played in three games of mafia (which really helps you get noticed more), and I think the thing that has changed my view of myself as a poster most is that people have started to call me by my first name, which means that people aren't confusing me with John Hansen anymore. [Wink] Most are even spelling it correctly-- JennIE not JennY. (But don't worry if you have mispelled it in the past, it brings me joy when it's spelled right, but I don't get annoyed if it's wrong.)

Anyway, thanks for making me welcome, Hatrack, and thanks for letting me indulge in this self-purposed post.

[Smile] [Big Grin] ((Hatrack)) [Big Grin] [Smile]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I was never a cool noob. Heck, Im not even a cool vet, or even a nerdy vet. I want this to be known. Quit worshipping me, people!! It's so lame when you offer sacrifices.

Being here a year and having more than 5,000 posts doesn't make you a vet or even welcomed with open arms. The funny thing is people are welcomed with open arms all the time, you just have to hug back. Seriously, cling on to people like nerdy little newbs. Be a parasite... live off of other peoples coolness. For everyone who thinks Im cool: I'm not. I just cling on to other peoples fame and have them take me as far as they can.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dannyXcore
Member # 5332

- posted      Profile for dannyXcore   Email dannyXcore         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a newb. I'm damned proud of it. I've also been coming out of the lurker's woodwork recently.....mainly because I've been home more [Razz] with LOADS more time on my hands, heh.... anyhow....yeah. I have just over a hundred some-odd posts... I don't even look at that number anymore, heh.... most of my posts are in the hugs and lyrics threads, and an occasional few on any number of random threads. I don't mind being the 'new kid' of the group for a while... I'm actually quite used to it, heh. ^_^

*mindless self-indulgence*
*loves that band* [Evil]

Posts: 146 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a feeling I'm somewhere at the lurker/newbie stage. But I really have no idea.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Hi - I actually remember Azile. [Smile]
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I also remember Azile, as well as the pirate name.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.