FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Hatrack feminity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelorette. (Page 0)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Hatrack feminity thread, or, Hatrack's most eligible Bachelorette.
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
The plural of series is series.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah. It's like Sheeps.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
El JT de Spang
Member # 7742

- posted      Profile for El JT de Spang   Email El JT de Spang         Edit/Delete Post 
And Moosen.
Posts: 5462 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Or Meese!
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IvyGirl
Member # 6252

- posted      Profile for IvyGirl   Email IvyGirl         Edit/Delete Post 
imogen - Thanks. Yes, I know my mom posted some others, though I'm not positive which one you are referring to; there were several like that.

Nell Gwyn - Thank you too. That's one of my three babies...well, okay, I have a lot of babies, but one of my three horse babies.

ElJay - Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you !!

(sorry it took so long to reply; had to sleep and go to school, unfortunately)

Ivy

Posts: 156 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I think imogen is referring to This Pic or some variation of it that I took.

Now that I'm back from California, I need to go back and read this thread and see exactly what it is about. You have a lot of personal info in here Ivy. Need to be careful.

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm taking the plunge! I didn't think us young'uns we supposed to participate- oh well, it's all in fun.

First kiss: Not counting doggie kisses, never.

Appearances: This, taken in October of '05, makes me look all of 13.. And that's one of my two loves, Schneider/Squeakers/Monty/Pete, take your pick, he responds to all of them.
Hair: Right now it's real short in the back and long enough in the front to keep tucked behind my ears. It's reddish brown with light brown highlights- mostly natural, but the red comes from temporary stuff I put on last year.. Yes, I do wash my hair. [Big Grin]
Eyes: I'm told they're 'cow-poop' brown, but I happen to think they're hazel.
Smile: It's usually a tad embarrassed, but always present.

Build: Rather shorter than I'd like, 5'4" ish, and I'm working at getting rid of the flab.

Look alikes: No one that I can think of.

Reason I'm cool: XD I'm so not. I collect Starburst wrappers and apple stickers in my spare time.

Dating status: Single

Stalker level: I've never been a stalker, but I was stalked by this creepy old guy at Germanfest last summer. I gave him ice cream and he went away. [Big Grin]

Plans: Enjoy my last two years of high school, go backpacking around Europe with my dad or friend, and it's fuzzy after this point, but right now I'm contemplating medical school- being an ER doctor strikes me as being a worthwhile profession.

Things you should know: At this point, I'm just looking for someone to talk with. I hardly ever not in a good mood. I often get incredibly embarrassed (My face goes pale to red in less than two seconds!) and therefore often come across as dumber than I think I am. Or maybe I'm just kidding myself. [Big Grin] I'm also kind of obsessive about my dogs.

Perfect man: Witty, laughs easily, smarter than I am, likes long conversations not for the content but for the sake of conversing, enjoys languages and good books. But, it doesn't really matter. Just not a stalker, I suppose. [Big Grin]

**I didn't realize I'd used so many smilies..**

Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

- posted      Profile for Nell Gwyn   Email Nell Gwyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Giving in to temptation… (Plus I'm procrastinating. [Wink] )

Age when first kissed: 18 - and it was on stage in front of lots of people, and had to be repeated fairly often over the course of two weeks, audience included. Bit of an awkward way to start the semester, really.

Photo: Here and here from two years ago, and here more recently. (How do I put myself in the Jatraqueros meta-album?)
Hair: thick, dark brown, mid-back, straight but a little on the wavy/frizzy side (which I plan to get fixed sometime soon)
Eyes: brown, usually have contacts in them (clear ones)
Smile: Imperfect but still gets compliments
Build: 5’5”, thin but in need of exercise
Ancestry: Half Filipino, half Scots-Irish
Look-alikes: I’ve been called an elf, and it’s been noted that an elf in The Santa Clause does bear a bit of a resemblance. I’ve also been strangely (and erroneously) compared to Liv Tyler. But otherwise, I look like a taller, paler version of my mom.

Reason I am cool: I’m always glad to laugh at the world and at myself (in a thoroughly non-malicious way), but I’m also glad to help out a friend in need.

Dating Status: Single
Stalker Level: I use stalking as a threat if people are slow with returning things/money they’ve borrowed, but I don’t actually follow through, I just nag. To my knowledge, I’ve never been stalked, but I can be pretty oblivious.
Plans: Finish my MFA in dramaturgy, get out of debt, launch myself into the professional theatre world, travel the globe, move to London and become a dual British-American citizen (although I could also be talked into moving to Paris.). And eventually own and ride horses competitively and have a menagerie of pets. Oh, and have lots of fun and meet wonderful and interesting people while doing all of the above.

Things you should know:
- I’m pretty shy and reserved in person, and it takes a long time for me to really get comfortable with new people. (Rather a lot like how Teshi described herself, actually. We could almost be personality twins. [Smile] ) I also like to tease close friends, so if I get snarky with you (IRL), it means I like you and feel secure around you, so feel free to snark back. [Smile]
- I’m cautious with my emotions, but adventurous with things like food, directions, shopping, and trying new things. Spontaneity is only sometimes involved - I'm a planner, more for the fun of anticipation than for organization.
- I always try to be considerate, honest, and open-minded. Plus I’m easy-going and a good listener.
- I can be terrible at making decisions, especially at restaurants.
- I have a wide variety of interests and a tendency to flit from one curiosity to another like a butterfly. Generally speaking, my main interests are theatre (all aspects and types, esp. musicals and twisted modern drama), history, and traveling (and by extension, different cultures and languages and the history of both).
- I’m on the analytical side, and I like examining why and how things work and how they’re all inter-related.
- I have very little patience with willful ignorance and people not using their common sense.
- I’m a dreamer and a romantic idealist at heart, but I do my best to look at the world realistically (with varying degrees of success).
- I tend to be very long-winded in writing, but much less so in spoken conversation.

Perfect Man:
- Someone with whom I feel no need to be reserved, who I can talk and laugh and hang out with for hours, but also be silent with without awkwardness.
- Someone who will be adventurous with me.
- Someone who is at least as smart as me, but not necessarily in the same areas. Well-read is definitely a plus, though.
- Someone I can learn from, and vice versa.
- Someone open-minded and willing to compromise from time to time - I’m happy to do the same, but not if I’m the only one doing it. Stubborn closed-mindedness aggravates me.
- Someone madly in love with me, and vice versa.
- In a really ideal world, someone rich, hot, and British (for marriage-to-get-citizenship purposes - English, Scottish, Welsh, and N. Irish are all welcome possibilities), or with a sexy accent from elsewhere if not Britain. [Wink] [Razz]

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dante
Member # 1106

- posted      Profile for Dante           Edit/Delete Post 
Nell, you obviously have a lot going for you, but I think the fact that two of your pictures are in Paris and Rome is one of your most attractive qualities. World travelers are sexy.
Posts: 1068 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

[Big Grin] [Blushing]

Aside from the last one, those and my others from Europe are actually among the most recent ones I have of myself.

Posts: 952 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

*remembering her manners*

And thank you kindly for the compliment! [Blushing]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think anyone commented on me

*stalks back out*

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought you said you weren't a stalker..
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

breyer, anyone who does 4H, artsy-craftsy things, and loves horses has my total and unabashed approval. [Big Grin] Plus your dress in the pic is really cute, esp. since you made it. [Smile]
Kitsune
Member # 8290

- posted      Profile for Kitsune   Email Kitsune         Edit/Delete Post 
You're not actually fishing for comments, right? Sorry, I'm new here, I don't know inside jokes [Frown]
Posts: 147 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ifmyheartcouldbeat
Member # 8692

- posted      Profile for ifmyheartcouldbeat   Email ifmyheartcouldbeat         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Evie3217:
quote:
I also LOVE musical theatre, btw
OOOOooo! Me too! Have you seen Wicked yet? It's incredible and I would definitely recommend it.
I havent' seen it sadly..but my roomate last semester was obsessed with it..so i FEEL like i've seen it [Smile]
Posts: 82 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
I wasn't actually fishing for comments, but it was a bad night last night and I was feeling very low self esteme, and I just needed something. And now it's my birthday and i"m feeling much better.
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
*gleefully takes self off eligibility list after having had the following conversation last night*

So, what do I call you to my friends?
-Well...you could call me your boyfriend. That would be nice.

[Big Grin]

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Historian
Member # 8858

- posted      Profile for Historian   Email Historian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pH:
*gleefully takes self off eligibility list after having had the following conversation last night*

[Big Grin]

-pH

Congrats!
Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jennabean
Member # 8590

- posted      Profile for jennabean   Email jennabean         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

- posted      Profile for erosomniac           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:

WHAT'D I TELL YOU???

<does the "I FREAKIN' TOLD YOU SO" dance>

Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Stfu, erosomniac! [Razz] I was nervous! I couldn't even look at him when I asked.

You menfolk are so difficult-like.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
Like you womenfolk aren't. [Razz]
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

<continues doing the "I FREAKIN' TOLD YOU SO" dance, on pH's face>
Posts: 4313 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
*eyebrow raised
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Historian
Member # 8858

- posted      Profile for Historian   Email Historian         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pfresh85:

amen...

err..

ah women..

Posts: 80 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, but what about kittens?
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pfresh85
Member # 8085

- posted      Profile for pfresh85   Email pfresh85         Edit/Delete Post 
What about kittens?
Posts: 1960 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
erosomniac
Member # 6834

What about kittens?
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I. Can't. Stop. Laughing.
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

Stormy and Pfresh picked pretty pointed kittens, ero, not so cool.
erosomniac
Member # 6834

I've never been one of the "cool kids." [Frown]
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
See all that was on the premise that cats are cute, cuddley, and adorable. They have fallen for the trap. For cats are evil. They are out to get us.
Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nell Gwyn
Member # 8291

quote:
Originally posted by erosomniac:
What about kittens?

AAHHHRRGG!!

[ROFL] I like the first two kitten options better. Ragdoll cats are adorable!

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like mutant kitties. Poor kitty. [Frown] [Cry]
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
eros! Please warn! I have assiduously avoided that picture. [Frown] And now I saw it. [Cry]

Poor kitty!

Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Altáriël of Dorthonion
Member # 6473

- posted      Profile for Altáriël of Dorthonion   Email Altáriël of Dorthonion         Edit/Delete Post 
I found it rather intresting...
Posts: 3389 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pfresh85:

Agreed. [Cool]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Gahhhh, my boyfriend rules. [Smile] A lot. I want to brag about him all the time.

-pH

Tatiana
Member # 6776

quote:
Originally posted by ClaudiaTherese:
*eyebrow raised

<snorts> CT [Kiss]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

pH, go ahead and tell us aaaaaall about him! It's awesome that you're so happy! [Smile]
pH
Member # 1350

*bounces* My boyfriend is a rocket scientist! He's sweet and hot and smart and interesting...

He's been friends with me for months, and I didn't realize he liked me until I realized that not only did he help me move into my new place, but he also spent three hours in Target with me answering my many questions about whether or not this bath mat matched my bathroom, which candles would go better with my decor, and whether or not I should buy a copper-bottom saucepan. Three hours. Of being dragged around and rambled at concerning home decoration. Then he voluntarily went to see Brokeback Mountain with me because he knew I wanted to go and discussed it with me afterwards.

*falls over* [Big Grin]

-pH

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

it's interesting, but I perfer cats with points, and guns work too, just I like pointed kittens.
jennabean
Member # 8590

I prefer rocket scientists to almost any other type of male.
Posts: 308 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

As do I. Especially the hot ones.

-pH

jennabean
Member # 8590

I'd take an ugly one if he gave me a tour of NASA and came to visit me in Hawaii in a space shuttle!!

EDIT: but it's a definite NO to the inbred ones.

Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
::nods::

There are few things worse than an inbred rocket scientist. It's, like, a maxim or something.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

Maybe one could build a teleporter and teleport to Hawaii to see you!

-pH

jennabean
Member # 8590

Maybe I'm just DOOMED and will date marine biologists for the rest of my life. *must move to NOLA*
pH
Member # 1350

$15 an hour at Burger King! Toxic mold death plague! 20 to 1 male-to-female ratio!

-pH

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.