FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse

Author Topic: The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
For enjeeo and anyone else who was interested in the names that my friends and I gave ourselves at the end of high school, here you go:

Sarcasm (me)
Bitterness
Pessimism
Irony

Certainly, there was never a group so fell and fearsome.

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I was in a Warcraft III clan by the name of Carebears of the Apocolypse.

Death Bear(me), War Bear, Pestilence Bear and Famine Bear. Our battle cry was CAREBEAR STARE.

We were good too. People were ashamed to lose to us.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine goes by "Fam" online, as he and his friends used to go as the 4 Horsemen online.
Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
I drew a picture of the Four Riders of the Apocalypse... who, I must say, are much cooler than the Four Horsemen
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Carebears of the Apocalypse! I love it!
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

*bump*

Must save thread for enjeeo!

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally, If I could be a rider of the Ap., it would have to be death. You don't really hear many people personifying famine.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Death? Psh. Death is so overdone. And I'll have you know that I could very well be Famine. Have you seen my cupboards? I'm living on Pasta Roni and cold cereal until next payday!
Pepek
Member # 3773

- posted      Profile for Pepek   Email Pepek         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm the one horesman of the Apricot.
Posts: 690 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't forget that the four horsemen of the apocalypse would not have gotten far without all the little people--the ferriers of the apocalypse, the bakers of the apocalypse, the milners of the apocalypse. And what about the wives of the apocalypse who worked their fingers to the bone, watching the kids of the apocalypse so that the four horsemen could practice?

Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somedeadguy
Member # 3759

- posted      Profile for somedeadguy   Email somedeadguy         Edit/Delete Post 
Sadly, the 5th horseman of the apocolypse was not scary and intimidating and thus lost to history:

Kermit the frog.

I dunno about you all, but the idea of some cute and cuddly creature teaching children conformity through song frightens me.
[/psycotic ramblings]

Posts: 738 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Wives of the Apocalypse? To think that I've been missing out for all these years!

[This message has been edited by Jon Boy (edited March 12, 2003).]

Troubadour
Member # 83

- posted      Profile for Troubadour   Email Troubadour         Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone read "Good Omens" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett? Quite nice little read, and topical, too.

Speaking of segues.......

Posts: 2245 | Registered: Nov 1998  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul
Member # 3904

- posted      Profile for Paul   Email Paul         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Omens was hilarious. I have to read that again, thanks for the reminder.
Posts: 1360 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the bump Jon Boy. I hadn't seen it before.

If I was in that group I SO would have wanted to be Irony...classic.

Love the Carebears thing, too. The world is a wacky, wacky place.

Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
Good Omens is The Book I Get My Friends For Christmas. And then I let them borrow my Discworld books, and they get addicted, and I laugh at them until I remember that I'm addicted, too, and then I laugh at myself. Um, yeah. My point is, Good Omens is one of my favorite books.
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

SDG, if we ever have another Hatrack Quotes thread, please post that. Im still laughing over it.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MyrddinFyre
Member # 2576

- posted      Profile for MyrddinFyre           Edit/Delete Post 
Good Omens is where the Four Riders of the Apocalypse came from. I guess no one recognized my reference
Posts: 3636 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to strike a blow for my favorite Muppet and point out that KERMIT certainly never taught conformity through song. You're confusing him with Elmo.

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't dug up the lyrics yet, but wasn't "It's Not Easy Being Green" all about being different? Or do I mis-remember my childhood.

Pix

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Has anyone read "Good Omens" by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett? Quite nice little read, and topical, too.
Really Cool People was my personal favorite.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
bump
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

folks, ignore this thread. It's the wrong one. [Cry]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::stares blankly::

Silly Narnia...

Narnia
Member # 1071

Look at this thread for an explanation.

And yes *tosses hair* I am silly...is that so wrong??? [Taunt]

suntranafs
Member # 3318

- posted      Profile for suntranafs   Email suntranafs         Edit/Delete Post 
No, but it's funny as all holy heck!
Posts: 1103 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Erik Slaine
Member # 5583

- posted      Profile for Erik Slaine           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey I liked it!
Carebears of the Apocalypse! When will Jon Boy be back?

Posts: 1843 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

Give the guy a week or so...he just got married!! (in case anyone missed that countdown.) [Wink] He and Ruth are sure to be spending as much time together as they can before school starts. [Blushing] [Evil] [Embarrassed] [Big Grin]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.