FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » What made you happy today? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: What made you happy today?
NinjaBirdman
Member # 7114

- posted      Profile for NinjaBirdman   Email NinjaBirdman         Edit/Delete Post 
In my three classes today I got three grades back. All three were B's or higher, wooo wooo!
Posts: 204 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Numa Numa!! [Smile]

*dances around*

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww, mothertree, I can just imagine your son looking like a fireman. How cute!

What made me happy today: I was hanging out after aikido practice and we were talking about anime and how the characters always yell the name of the attack. Apparently there was some spoof where one character attacked and then the other did the same thing but without yelling it, and the attack did nothing. Then someone suggested that maybe we should do that in practice. I almost died laughing. <anime voice>shomen-uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuchi!</anime voice>

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arevoj
Member # 7347

- posted      Profile for arevoj   Email arevoj         Edit/Delete Post 
I went through one of those drive through car washes, the kind where you drive in and sit there while the spray hoses work their way all around the car. As usual, the music was set appropriately loud for the experience (The Waterboys "Big Music"). When the soap srayed out all over the car it was MULTICOLORED!!! Excellent!! I must remember to do this again. You see, it doesn't take much....
Posts: 142 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grisha
Member # 6871

- posted      Profile for Grisha   Email Grisha         Edit/Delete Post 
shopping made me happy today, and a call to set up an interveiw for a job. [Big Grin]
Posts: 376 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I started doing my taxes, and checked the "Married filing jointly box" for the first time. [Big Grin]
Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
That is neat, Dag!
I made the decision to stay out of work until next fall. I can't say it was a happy decidion, but it was a decision, and the fact that I made one is rather impressive.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
When the soap srayed out all over the car it was MULTICOLORED!!!
I envy you. I have always wanted to go in one with colored soap. I haven't found one near me yet. [Frown]
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

That's good, Liz. Not that you're not working (I'm assuming from what you've posted that you're getting a little stir-crazy), but that you're taking the time you need to come back full bore and that you're not stuck trying to decide.

Rest up, then give your students hell in the fall. In that nice teacher way, of course.

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
^ What he said.

Except I'm not sure about the last sentence. [Evil]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

You want her to do that in the mean teacher way?
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely! That's the fun part! [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I can tell you what made me happy yesterday.

Yesterday, I did a tax return for a young couple who are in the process of adopting a beautiful baby girl.

They really had no clue what they could deduct and were terrified of owing the IRS.

To make their fear even greater, the adoption agency called them yesterday morning. They won't finalize the adoption until they are completely paid off.

Well, I was extremely thorough, got them a refund that will just cover what they still owe for the adotion, and once it is final they can get her a SSN, amend their return, and get an extra $2000.

I truly love my job!

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gingerjam
Member # 7113

- posted      Profile for gingerjam   Email gingerjam         Edit/Delete Post 
my husband told me he almost has a finalised job in the city so we can move back...and then i won't have to live in a tiny desert town 10 hours drive north of Perth and away from family and friends! hoorah!
Posts: 46 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a package out to my friend Amy for her baby boy, containing the three "wearable blankets" I made him. Yay! I can't wait to hear what she thinks of them! (One has shamrocks... [Big Grin] )
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Space Opera
Member # 6504

- posted      Profile for Space Opera   Email Space Opera         Edit/Delete Post 
The sunshine. It's not a harsh light today, like most winter sunshines. It's like a promise that spring is coming...though slowly.

space opera

Posts: 2578 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoohoo!!!!!!

My tax refund just hit my bank account!

Checked online banking and now my savings account has $$$$ more than it did! I'm so happy! (gonna buy me a digital camera)

Which always makes me think of this funny song....
quote:
There's money in the mail..
My Uncle Clarence wrote me in his will..
Since he died and went to heaven,
I won't have to go to jail!
Hallelujah, there's money in the mail.

[The Wave] FG
Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Man! This is just my lucky day!

AND....

We had a piece of chorale sheet music we were working on that I needed the accompaniment CD for.

I went to the music store where I bought the sheet music, and they informed me that the CD was no longer available.

Today I checked the music publisher's web site, which also said the CD was unavailable -- So I e-mailed them and pleaded with them that I needed this.

They replied
quote:
We are able to make a copy from a master CD for $29.95 plus shipping if you want to order the CD. Please let me know
as soon as possible.

So I called them, gave them my VISA number, and I should have the CD in a few days! Things are really just going very well for me today! I'm so happy! I need a Mt. Dew!

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SteveRogers
Member # 7130

- posted      Profile for SteveRogers           Edit/Delete Post 
Its Friday.....and I found out that I don't really have OCD or ADHD(I do still have ADD).....it was a really weird side effect of the medicine I was taking to help with migranes(which weren't doing anything) so my doctor took me off those and gave me a new prescription that actually works.........I can concentrate now without hearing an annoying ringing in my head and without feeling tons of pain......I win [Evil]
Posts: 6026 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
I sent a half-snarky note to eveyone on the sales team.
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
advice for robots
Member # 2544

- posted      Profile for advice for robots           Edit/Delete Post 
I kept my cool.
Posts: 5957 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
*bump* because I'm absolutely ecstatic right now, but the reason so doesn't deserve its own thread.

Virginia Tech 67 Duke 65
GO HOKIES!!!

I'm so treating this as an early birthday present to me. And I don't even like basketball.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie told me she Loved me today. [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
posting in the "Where did you meet your significant other" thread...and going into more detail then was asked for.

Unsurprisingly [Big Grin]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Goody Scrivener
Member # 6742

- posted      Profile for Goody Scrivener   Email Goody Scrivener         Edit/Delete Post 
I found out that I'm going to get extra pay for a new task I've been given at the office!
Posts: 4515 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eaquae Legit
Member # 3063

- posted      Profile for Eaquae Legit   Email Eaquae Legit         Edit/Delete Post 
Got my police check back, so now I can secure my job/loan/car, in that order.
Posts: 2849 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
My father is alive. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
oh, twinky.

(((((twinky)))))

i just think you're swell.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
I went spice-shopping for Hobbes. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Thank you. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
KQ went spice-shopping for me. [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

My rocker's block! I busted through it! *dances*

FINALLY I can write music again!

AntiCool
Member # 7386

- posted      Profile for AntiCool   Email AntiCool         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm back to playing the guitar again, after a 2-month haitus to focus on learning banjo.

Now I'm having fun with both. [Smile]

Posts: 1002 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
My Japanese class was highly amusing, as usual. I love my professor. [Big Grin]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
My friends are thrilled with their Renn Faire garb I sewed them. I'm getting adventurous enough to seriously consider making and selling some on Ebay. [Smile]
Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HesterGray
Member # 7384

- posted      Profile for HesterGray   Email HesterGray         Edit/Delete Post 
Today is pay day! After the debt I accumulated from 3 major car repairs in the span of 6 weeks, this brings me one step closer to paying it off. (Yes, I know, I should have just bought a new car. It's a long story.)

Also, for my independent study, I'm making a documentary about the Society for Creative Anachronism, and today I got an email giving me permission to use the music of a local Irish band in it. That made me very happy!

Today is a very good day.

Posts: 486 | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.