FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The REAL Hatracker's thread (Page 5)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The REAL Hatracker's thread
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Well then, looks like Bob the Lawyer, Pod, Jaiden, Ophelia and myself are now all officially REAL. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't met anyone from Hatrack that I know of, so I guess I don't exist. That is too bad because (unavoidable Dilbert refrence) "existing is pretty much all I do".
Hey if it will help I can start making up people who don't exist, then they can verify that I exist, and that each other exist.

Okay I'm not going to do that, I'm content to be counted among those who do not count, but why wouldn't that work?

Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

Seriously, if I were going to make up someone I could make up someone more interesting than this.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I met Nathan at Amka's party Friday...
By the way, shouldn't it either be Hatrackers or Hatrackers' but not Hatracker's? Where is the Grammar Nazi?

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
It makes sense if you consider Slash to be The Real Hatracker.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Besides, it's the [Lizard] King's English, isn't it?
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
WAH HAH!!! (belongs)

I remember reading this thread at the first and thinking "I'll never be real! ;_;"

(is real)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Hmmm.. Six degrees of Hatrack?

Ryuko, Bob, Icarus, saxon75

Look at that, only three steps!

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh! I'm real!

I've met:
Mack
Martha
Mike
Paul Goldner
Paercival
Godric
*/Myr
Suneun
Saradipity
Bokonon

Spoke with Ela, Shlomo and JaneX on the phone.

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4842

- posted      Profile for *           Edit/Delete Post 
Sweeeeeet! I must be real too, then. That's rather exciting.
Posts: 353 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think the poster OrsonScottCard is real. From the quality of his posts, I would say he is probably a 'bot. [Hat]
Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ana kata
Member # 5666

- posted      Profile for ana kata   Email ana kata         Edit/Delete Post 
My mother does not consider any of you real. Saudade and Andrei she thinks are real. The rest of you are not real people at all to her. Not just real people she hasn't met yet, but people who in fact do not exist.

Has anyone found a way to successfully convince a non-online person (e.g. a parent) that people you've known for a long time online and have talked to on the phone for hours and so on are not any more likely to be lying to you than people you know in real life? That their status as real people is the same?

Showing her counterexamples (in the persons of Saudade and Andrei) hasn't had any effect. Acquainting her over a period of time with the people by relating anecdotes hasn't either. To her I think Saudade and Andrei weren't real until I met them in real life (with no explanation for how that could have come about) and then after that they were real. The anecdotes she dismisses because they aren't about real people. <laughs>

[ September 23, 2003, 02:18 AM: Message edited by: ana kata ]

Posts: 968 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Has anyone found a way to successfully convince a non-online person (e.g. a parent) that people you've known for a long time online and have talked to on the phone for hours and so on are not any more likely to be lying to you than people you know in real life?
Yes, I brought my Mom to the Boson Hatrack Picnic and she decided that the Boston Clump are nice, normal people (to which some of them took offense [Razz] )
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm feeling left out. No one knows I exist. And I think in our state, we are too spread out and too few to have a Hatrack picnic or whatever...

What do you say -- Screechowl and Kayla, can us Kansans get together? Any others on here?

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

hey a few weeks ago I met Fugu13, Snow, blacwolve, Rhaegar and um what was the other girl's name? Oh yeah it was... Raia ((((((((((((((((Raia)))))))))))))))) so I think I might be real, or well on my way anyway.

Also I knew nihon before he joined, and he has met Raia so there is proof he is real.

anyway I figured after all the get togethers, and the signings some more people might be real now. [Dont Know]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm a level 31 real hatracker with The Infamous Brown Jacket that has a defense of +20

::rolls dice::

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fiazko
Member # 5812

- posted      Profile for fiazko   Email fiazko         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm real! I'm real!

My witnesses are msquared and beatnix19. (and the Cards)

*frolics gleefully back to cage*

Posts: 1090 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lalo
Member # 3772

- posted      Profile for Lalo   Email Lalo         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so not real. Technically, I've met both the Cards at a signing, and I recognized Moose after I got back from the signing and looked at a picture -- but for all you know, I could be the Cards myself.

Though, on the side of my existence, I DO have it that there couldn't be two such personalities in all the world.

Plus, I'm pushing the sex appeal legal limit with just this personality. No way I could have more than one.

Posts: 3293 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't remember if I posted in here before but my list is growing longer so here's an update.

TomDavidson
Christy
Primal Curve
Vana
Lime
dkw
xnera
(I think that was everyone from the first gathering, if I'm leaving someone out holler)

Wierd Al Concert additions
celia6000
Dan_Raven
dan raven's wife (can't remember her screen name it involves a cat though)

Hatrack Ladies Overnight addition
Claudia Therese

Cincinatti Book signing additions
Hobbes
blacwolve
melting snowman/snow
happy camper
cyruseh
OSC
KACard

barbcue addition(s?)
msquared
mcubed (is she actually on Hatrack?)

AJ

So a total of at least 19 Hatrackers (so far) can verify my existance.

I've spoken to Mackillian and ak on the phone.

[ November 30, 2003, 09:39 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
If they weren't already real, Caleb, Tabithecat and Kayla are now real.

Boon is only 1/2 real since she only met me and it takes 2 Hatrackers to confirm reality.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jexx
Member # 3450

- posted      Profile for jexx   Email jexx         Edit/Delete Post 
I had mack over at my house, so I'm real!

And so is she.

Really.

And she is not a chicken or a computer program like Kama [Wink]

edited to add: Oh, I didn't read Bob's post. It takes 2 hatrackers to confirm reality? I've also met Leto and Lead, even though they haven't been around much lately. I'm sure I am real, though. Aren't I?

[ November 30, 2003, 09:58 PM: Message edited by: jexx ]

Posts: 1545 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what we let you think.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
I am not a chicken computer program.

Or if I am, I have the greatest voice software ever.

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Maccabeus
Member # 3051

- posted      Profile for Maccabeus   Email Maccabeus         Edit/Delete Post 
Do phone conversations count? I can't remember. I have talked with Ralphie, though not with anyone else.

Perhaps Ralphie is of such inestimable value that she counts for two?

Posts: 1041 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, at least I qualify.

Met:
CT
Jeni
Severian

Phone:
BlackFox

And I'd like to meet more... hinthint... [Wink]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Ok, time to list them all...

OSC
KACard
Jon Boy
Brinestone (Diosmal Duda)
Hansenj
Damandar
popatr
Amka
Pepperuda
SomeDeadGuy
Raventh1
Zevlag
Annie
Speed
Zemra
Pooka
SarcasticMuppet
Pajeba
Advice for Robots
Pat
(insert someone I'm forgetting but can't for the life of me place)
Narnia
Zotto
Abbrynne
Ralphie
Dierdre
Hobbes
JonnyNotSoBravo
Shig.
Mr. Funny
Nato
MoonRabbit
Jeniwren
Kimo
Crystal

Talked to but not seen on phone:
Troubs
Celia

Hmm.... Im a level 37 hatracker, apparently.

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
okay, which one of you wants to drive to Kansas so I can have proof that I'm real?

Kayla? want to do lunch sometime? <grin>

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
When I met Icarus and Cor we were wandering around looking at animals at Gatorland, where we encountered a *very* large snake in an open doghouse. My son wanted to know if it was real, and my husband suggested that the best way to find out would be to poke it in the eye with his finger. (He was joking, I think, and no, the snake wasn't real.) Cor and I looked at each other and she said something like, "Okay, Jen, we have to poke you in the eye to make sure you're real." [Smile]
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Has anyone found a way to successfully convince a non-online person (e.g. a parent) that people you've known for a long time online
Sad story: if I even mentioned Hatrack to my parents, they'd give me a long lecture and wasting time, resposibilty and 'living in a dream. I guess I'm going to remain unreal (and possibly non-existant!) until I leave home... [Frown]
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way, jeniwren et al. met ME TOO on that trip where they met Icarus and Cor. I guess I didn't do anything memorable though.

[Grumble] [Cry]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
I've met asQmh, Tzadik and Ophelia. Though I'm not sure the first two count since I brought them to Hatrack in the first place and they're not real people anyway. So I still need one more. [Smile]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

My list has grown a bit over the past four months:

Cor
Icarus
Juliette
katharina
LadyDove
Lazer King
Mama Squirrel
Mooselet
Papa Moose
Ralphie
rivka

I hope this January SoCal thing ends up happening so I can add a few more names.

jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, our fear in meeting any more Hatrackers was that they'd get divorced right afterward. [Wink] (I hope it's okay to tease you a little on that [Smile] ...it's not a very teasible topic, so please take it in the manner it was meant -- teasingly.)

Actually, you're the first Hatracker I met in person, so you count at least twice on my "Special Hatrackers" list. I figure that we need to make a trek to Texas to see you again, and to get to meet kat. We have relatives out that direction, so maybe someday.... [Smile]

Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Rabbit
Member # 671

- posted      Profile for The Rabbit   Email The Rabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
Does it count if several hatrackers heard me on the radio?
Posts: 12591 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::contemplates mailing a video of self to people to boost stats:: [Wink]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

jeniwren, you aren't responsible for my divorce. That was Icarus' fault. (j/k)

Anyway, I sure hope you'll come to TX and bring the whole family. Your hubby is a great guy. Your son is the best kid I've been around in MANY years. And your daughter is just a cutie. So bring 'em on! We'll barbecue a slab of something and wear hats.

[Razz]

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
saxon, you forgot Superstation. Yeah, he was in utero at the time. So? [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Crystal
Member # 5437

- posted      Profile for Crystal   Email Crystal         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I'm officially real now, too. yay! [Big Grin] I've met:

Jeniwren
Ralphie
T_Smith
Shigosei
Mr.Funny
Narnia
Annie
Nato
JohnnyNotSoBravo
Hobbes
Zotto!

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
I've met Scythrop....

I think I should only have to provide one, to make up for being Australian.

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
imogen
Member # 5485

- posted      Profile for imogen   Email imogen         Edit/Delete Post 
What, four? Yeah, heaps...

But I don't care, cos I'm real!

Edit: HEY! There was a post there! It said I was real ! Now I just look slightly crazy. *grumble* silly T_Smith *grumble*

[ December 02, 2003, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: imogen ]

Posts: 4393 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Hahahaha. T just wasted his 6666th post! Delete it if you want, buddy! It still counts!
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
I have pictures to prove I'm real. Plus, nobody does gatherings in Nor Cal. Porce is about 75 miles from me, esl is in the SF area, but I haven't met either of them. I might someday. [Smile]
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Hey, I was just thinking...when I was at EnderCon, I got a ride to the Star Party with some guy from somewhere down South (I think). On the way down the hill, we slid off the road and smacked into a small tree. Luckily, it was a rental.

Does that sound like any of you Hatrackers? If it is, you've had two Hatrackers in your car, and can be considered real.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
Personally i think i am a lying bastard who never existed except in bastien's mind as he reads that damn book that just goes on and on. it never seems to end.

and if anyone has ever met me, i doubt that they want to relive the experince enough to even fess up to the fact. [Razz]

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sid the SIoth
Member # 5654

- posted      Profile for Sid the SIoth   Email Sid the SIoth         Edit/Delete Post 
But someone who I would LIKE to meet is Toni aka Ralphie. She just seems like great fun.
[Smile]

Posts: 14 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Just wait until you get to carry her.
Traveler
Member # 3615

- posted      Profile for Traveler           Edit/Delete Post 
Well...I'm real. Perhaps if there is any gathering in Minnesota then I'll get an opportunity to prove it. [Wink]
Posts: 512 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I figure that we need to make a trek to Texas to see you again, and to get to meet kat.
Oh yeah. I just saw this - that would be awesome!

I'd like to point out that I have not yet met Bob, despite he being less than two hours away. Maybe he'd come to Dallas if I bribed him with the Wren family?

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

quote:
saxon, you forgot Superstation.
Yeah, that's true. I feel like I didn't get to know him very well, though. He was pretty quiet.
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, he was kinda quiet, wasn't he. Ah, the good ol' days....

Anyone else find it ironic that someone named "Traveler" doesn't seem to be able to get to a gathering unless it's in his home state?

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  ...  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.