FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The REAL Hatracker's thread (Page 8)

This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   
Author Topic: The REAL Hatracker's thread
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I think a TorontoCon would be ideal [Smile] [Wink] .

Edit: Although if it was not during the school year I wouldn't be able to go.

Ah well, Anonymity (sp?) and unreality adds a sort of enigmatic quality [Big Grin] .

[ January 16, 2005, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Teshi ]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Fahim was once denied a visa. They might, though not necessarily, grant him one now that he's married to a Canadian.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Gee, someone's been paying attention. [Angst] Yeah, in theory, they'll probably let him have a visa into Canada now, providing we actually translate our marriage certificate into English, which we haven't done yet, and provide it to the Canadian High Commission. But then you're assuming that I want to go back to Canada. Well, for a visit, sure, but definitely not to stay. I like it here. Although I'd be willing to live in other countries, too. Maybe Thailand, or Belize, or Algeria, or Morocco, or Peru, or Chile, or Egypt, or Kuwait, or Dubai, or . . .

Tourism is happening again in Sri Lanka. Not in the coastal areas so much because there's a lot of reconstruction work to be done, but in Colombo and the centre of the country and the cultural triangle, it's all back to normal. So yes, y'all can come for LankaCon anytime! Party on! [The Wave]

Edit: Not the phone company, dagnabbit!

[ January 16, 2005, 09:11 PM: Message edited by: quidscribis ]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katie DeShane
Member # 7026

- posted      Profile for Katie DeShane   Email Katie DeShane         Edit/Delete Post 
Ok well, since I've yet to touch this topic yet..

I've met only OSC and Mrs K. She was the one to prod me out and actually be a person instead of a shadow here.

I've yet to attend any Cons.. altho I would love to do that... I wonder if there's any Enderverse/OSC Meetups nearby?

For the record, I've lived only an hour or two (at the most) from the Cards since 1984. (I think.. when did OSC set up shop in Gbo?) Even when I enlisted, I still ended right back to being an hour or so from the Cards.. only in the opposite direction [Roll Eyes] So anyhow.. still I wonder about those OSC Meetups

*goes off to search cos being bored is.. boring (and it sucks monkeys)*

Posts: 23 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Hm. I need to update! I'm MORE real now than ever before!! [Big Grin]

I've known JemmyGrove and Abrynne (my sister) forever.

After that, I met:

Ralphie
Nato
Shigosei
BYuCnslr (Insanity Plea)
DeathofBees
Shan
Deidre

Then, I met at the OSC signing :

Jonnynotsobravo
Annie
Hobbes
Crystal
OrsonScottCard
kacard
jeniwren
Moonrabbit
Zotto!
Mr. Funny
T_Smith

I also met Ralphie's hubby, jeniwren's hubby and children, MoonRabbit's wife, Shigosei's parents, Shan's Nathan...

Then I met:

Frisco

I did not, however, get to meet his two fish.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
*snaps fingers*

Curse it, I can't confirm my exsistance! I prefer to hide out and not allow others to find me. [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm real. [Cool]
Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wave] <-- High Five, Corwin! Me too! I met rivka and Adam613 and narritivium and Frisco.

Feels nice being real. [Smile]

Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Did I ever post on this thread? I feel like I've been real forever, even though it's only actually been-- oh, less than a year?

Btw, I love the name SriLanCon. We have to call it that if we ever have it!

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
no. 6
Member # 7753

- posted      Profile for no. 6           Edit/Delete Post 
<--Not Real.
Posts: 410 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
But I'm pretty sure that 6 is a real number...
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I can finally post in this thread [Smile] .
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Stan the Man is real too.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm real now. [Big Grin]

You can ask rivka, who I met last November, and now you can also ask romanylass, who I met last week when she and her family came by to visit me while they were visiting in Fresno.

Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jonathan Howard
Member # 6934

- posted      Profile for Jonathan Howard   Email Jonathan Howard         Edit/Delete Post 
I met Raia and CalvinMaker! I'm Real! You're [/i]stuffed[/i]! Yeah, that's it, thinking you could get away with it!

But I'm a REAL boy now!

Posts: 2978 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
Man, I should keep notes. I vouch for all these people. If I've forgotten anyone, let me know. Did this off the top of my head, with a little help from Nathan's list. Don't think I'm as big a nerd as he is yet, but I'm probably an easy second. [Embarrassed]

It's funny that the clumps I haven't met are the Utah and Oregon ones. And I haven't met the other Hatracker in my city!

Adam613
Allegra
Amka
Annie
BannaOJ
Ben
Bernard
beverly
blacwolve
Bob_Scopatz
cal_meecham
CalvinMaker
CaySedai
celia
Christy
coil
Cor
Dierdre
dkw
Ela
ElJay
Enigmatic
Farmgirl
fiazko
fugu13
gnixing
Happy Camper
Hobbes
Icarus
IvyGirl
JaneX
Jenny Gardner
JNSB
Juliette
Kama
katharina
KathrynHKidd
ketchupqueen
ketchupprincess
Khavanon
KrabbyPatty
KristineCard
Kwea
kwsni
ladyday
LadyDove
Lalo
Leonide
Leto
Lime
Lucky4
Luet
mackillian
Mama Squirrel
Marek
Mayday
Megan
meltingsnowman
Miro
Mooselet
Morbo
mr_porterio_head
Narnia
narrativium
NdRa
Olivet
Ophelia
OSC
Papa Moose
penguinavere
Plaid
Pod
porceain girl
PosableNurse
Psychotriad
punwit
Ralphie
RRR
Richard Berg
Risuena
rivka
Ryuko
saxon75
Shigosei
SingingRing
Sophie
Space Opera
sndrake
Starla
Stray
Strider
Superstation
T_Smith
Taalcon
Tante Shvester
Telperion
The Tick
Theca
TMedina
TomDavidson
Valentine14
Vana
Xavier
xnera
Zevlag

[ September 26, 2005, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Frisco ]

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Also, I'm real.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

Really real.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
I can vouch for all these folks.

Ralphie
Nato
Shigosei
BYuCnslr (Insanity Plea)
DeathofBees
Shan
Deidre
Jonnynotsobravo
Annie
Hobbes
Crystal
OrsonScottCard
kacard
jeniwren
Moonrabbit
Zotto!
Mr. Funny
T_Smith
Frisco
Brinestone
sarcasticmuppet
Jon boy
MPH
beverly
Mr. Gumby
Magson
raventh1
romanylass
hansenj
pooka
JemmyGrove
Abrynne

I know I'm probably forgetting someone.

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I like the idea that my list of Hatrackers I'm related to is probably longer than many people's lists of Hatrackers they've met. Heck, last night there were four of us at my place eating chinese food and watching Firefly, that's practically a Con!

Also, I've met more Hatrackers before I was actually registered than I have since. I warp reality.

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I think my list is over 100 now, but I'm not really sure. . .
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Surely you know someone with the ability to count. Ask nicely and they'll help, I bet.
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Razz]

You missed Enigmatic on your list, btw. I notice because I was using yours to help figure out mine.

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
I still don't exist!
Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I think this is it, so under 100 after all. I'm going to meet msquared this weekend, though! I keep getting the feeling I'm still missing someone. . . my apologies if so. [Smile]

Allegra
Annie
Arthur
Astaril
BannaOJ
Bernard
blacwolve
Bob_Scopatz
CalvinMaker
Carrie
CaySedai
celia
Christy
Claudia Therese
Cor
Desdemona
dkw
Enigmatic
Eaquae Legit
Farmgirl
fiazko
Frisco
fugu13
Happy Camper
Hobbes
Icarus
Intellegence3
IvyGirl
Jaiden
Jenny Gardner
JNSB
Juliette
Kama
katharina
KrabbyPatty
kwsni
Lime
mackillian
Mama Squirrel
Marek
maui babe
Mayday
Mister Boy
Mooselet
Noemon
Papa Moose
Plaid
Pod
PosableNurse
Primal Curve
Psychotriad
punwit
RRR
ReikoDemosthenes
Richard Berg
rivka
Ryuko
saxon75
Shigosei
Sophie
Space Opera
sndrake
Stray
Superstation
T_Smith
Traveler
Teshi
Telperion
The Tick
Theca
Ticklet
TomDavidson
twinky
Valentine14
Vana
Xavier
xnera
Zevlag

Edited to add:

msquared
Kristin
kmboots

Adding:

Ben
El JT de Sprang
Ophelia
racingbird
Tante Schvester

Adding:

Billie/LadyDay

[ August 24, 2007, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure that Frisco's met Geoff, too.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

Actually, no. I wasn't yet a Hatracker at EnderCon, though I did see him do the Thor sketch.
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't quite exist just yet. I need to meet one more of you nut jobs. I don't know how I'm going to do it.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm real.
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
Are there any Jatraqueros in Hawaii?
Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, thanks for reminding me! I forgot maui babe!

There's also Zotto, but I haven't met him.

Enigmatic
Member # 7785

- posted      Profile for Enigmatic   Email Enigmatic         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a hunch that Maui Babe might live in Hawaii. [Wink]

--Enigmatic

Posts: 2715 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tt&t
Member # 5600

- posted      Profile for tt&t   Email tt&t         Edit/Delete Post 
Zotto lives in Hawaii. And, I think, Maui Babe.

Edit: Jeez. I wasn't even that slow. [Razz]

Posts: 1431 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm about to embark on a three year tour over there. So I'll be stuck in the West Pole without many places to venture off to.
Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
I met TomD!! And Pixie! And KarlEd!
Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
We're doing lists now? Forget it.

Too much like work. [Razz]

I will, however, vouch for lma and Tante. [Smile]

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

I just took Frisco's list and took off a few people and put on a few people. [Smile] I figured since we were both at KamaCon and the wedding they'd have a lot of overlap, and they did. . .
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, those lists are prodigious. I can't remember on what page I first posted who I've met, and the list has increased since then. [Smile]
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stan the man
Member # 6249

- posted      Profile for Stan the man   Email Stan the man         Edit/Delete Post 
[ROFL] Ya see Rivka, my list is pretty short. => not so much work.

Shigosei
Rivka
Intelligence3
the Moose family (ok, but this was just to keep the list short)
Telperion the Silver

Posts: 2208 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Treason
Member # 7587

- posted      Profile for Treason   Email Treason         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sad I'm not a real girl. (yet!)

Narnia - "Then I met:

Frisco

I did not, however, get to meet his two fish."

What's Frisco really like?
[Smile] I'm sure he won't give me a straight answer, and I find him interesting.
Also, I don't remember if I ever told you before but I love your name. If you look on the HP questions thread I mentioned wanting to live in you!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 870 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
?
Member # 2319

- posted      Profile for ?   Email ?         Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone live near South Jordan or Logan, UT. I wish I was a real boy!

?

Posts: 219 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
If I convince my niece to sign up at Hatrack, and she's here in my house, can she, Fahim, and I be made instantly real together?

[ROFL]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Since we have 3 Hatrackers living in our house, anyone from Hatrack-- or who joins later-- who comes over to visit is now instantly real. Wow. Scary! That also applies to all the married couples and roommates and everything else on Hatrack, of course. But I just realized it.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I think it take meeting two already real people to make you real. Otherwise you could just have multiple personalities [Wink]
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

I just counted. I think I've met 64 Hatrackers.
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I have no idea what my list would be. Everyone but the New England clump and the Northwest clump, I think.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pepinaso
Member # 8639

- posted      Profile for pepinaso   Email pepinaso         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure but i think that after this last weekend i will go down as fastest to become real registered hatracker. With only 2 posts to my name I am real.

Heres my list

Katharina
Kama
Choobak
Corwin

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

*blink*

*blink blink*

Steve!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corwin
Member # 5705

- posted      Profile for Corwin           Edit/Delete Post 
Replace "Corwin" with "pepinaso"/"Steve" in pepinaso's list, and you have mine.

Oh, and hi, Steve! I'm glad you and kat arrived ok. I'm not sure about the "fastest to become real" part... Depends on how you define the rules for becoming real, for example if you already met two real hatrackers when you sign up here you're already real. Complicated, huh? [Big Grin] Anyway, you're real, that's what matters! [Smile]

Posts: 4519 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pepinaso
Member # 8639

- posted      Profile for pepinaso   Email pepinaso         Edit/Delete Post 
What i mean by fastest is from the time that i registered to the time that i met other hatrackers was less than 24 hours. i say thats preety good.

hi Kama!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posts: 7 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 14 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.