FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » TheTick's Daddy Thread Revised (Page 2)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: TheTick's Daddy Thread Revised
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! [Smile]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
He's here! Thomas Paul, born 5-31-2003, 11:41 pm. 7lbs, 2 oz and 21 inches long. [Smile]
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] Congratulations to all of you!
Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile]
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
amira tharani
Member # 182

- posted      Profile for amira tharani   Email amira tharani         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Tick! And to the Mrs and the new arrival!
Posts: 1550 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

I have more time, so some more info. It turned out she only had a 'high leak' of water originally, which probably sealed over. After a day or so of no progress, they found that out and broke the rest of the water. Unfortunately, she still didn't progress even though her contractions got so intense as to bring tears to her eyes (and mine!). After hours of this, she opted for an epidural, which they hoped would relax her and allow her to progress. It helped, but still no great progress (they actually use 18 hours as the amount of time they'll let you go once your water is broken, but they will extend it as long as there is no sign of infection). She went in for a Caesarean last night about 11, and then we had our baby. [Smile] Mom and baby have been doing fantastic, she had no complications...that is what had me scared, considering her history with major abdominal surgery. Pictures will be available as soon as my In-laws offload them from the digital camera.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
So is he going to be a "Tom," a "Tommy," a "Thomas," or a "Thom?" The choice you make now can determine his whole future. [Smile]

And congrats. *grin*

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
YAY!!!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to you and your newly expanded family! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats, Tick!

Why didn't you name him Arthur?

quote:
After hours of this, she opted for an epidural, which they hoped would relax her and allow her to progress.
After HOURS??!!! Epidural is your friend. Her friend, too. The first thing we tell the doctors when we get to the hospital is, 'Bring the epidural!' No sense waiting.

Pain sucks.

[ June 01, 2003, 02:09 PM: Message edited by: Scott R ]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Arthur and Tick! Welcome to the world, Thomas Paul Ticklet! Tick, also very responsible of you to wait the requisite 12 hours before posting at Hatrack, so you could spend that time with wife and child. I notice you didn't go overboard, though, which we appreciate, since we were all waiting for the news. Our prayers for continued health and quick recovery.

--Pop and family

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Yay for our newest Hatrack child!

Congrats, Tick and Arthur! I'm sure the Ticklet will grow up to be a fine young jatraquero in no time! [Big Grin]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
WoW! Congratulations!!!!!!!

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Nice name!
(if my first child would have been a boy, we would have called it Thomas too)

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

(TP TP TP) [Wink]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Congratulations on the Ticklet! [Smile]

quote:
The first thing we tell the doctors when we get to the hospital is, 'Bring the epidural!' No sense waiting.
That's our rule of thumb too. Ingrown toenail? Bring on the epidural! Need a plantars wart frozen off? Bring on the epidural! Feeling a little blue? Bring on the epidural!
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
YAY! Congratulations, Tick and Arthur (and Ticklet)! [Big Grin]

~Jane~

Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
Hooray!

[Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Smile]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!!

Sounds like a wonderful addition to your family!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4842

- posted      Profile for *           Edit/Delete Post 
Mucho congrats [Smile]
Posts: 353 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! That's wonderful news! Congratulations!
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
wonderful!
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Tick, Arthur and Ticklet!
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations to the Tick family! That deserves a big RIGHT ON!

Now tell those in-laws to hurry up. I want pictures!

Oaxaca!

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow!!! Congratulations!!
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jeniwren
Member # 2002

- posted      Profile for jeniwren   Email jeniwren         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!
Posts: 5948 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! That's so wonderful! And I think Thomas is a wonderful name - both my father and my brother are Thomases. [Smile] Congratulations! [Big Grin]

Arthur, was the surprise as wonderful as you'd hoped?

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

The Ticklette rules!

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Thanks for all the congrats, guys! Baby and Mom are both still doing wonderful. Here are some pictures. I didn't take these, so I apologize for the quality. [Wink] More will be added (including ones with me in them, heh).
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I got an error message on the link but I managed to get in.

He's precious. [Smile] Your wife looks good too! After my deliveries, I wasn't fit to be photographed, LOL!

She looks so happy. [Smile] I'm so glad for both of you.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

http://www.gamesmaq.net/gallery/

Try starting from the main gallery link. [Smile] She did very well, all things considered. The pure joy she has sure helps too. [Wink]

edit to say those are pre birth pictures...but she looked just as happy afterwards. [Smile]

[ June 02, 2003, 11:27 PM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
esl
Member # 3143

- posted      Profile for esl   Email esl         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay TheTick and Arthur and Thomas Paul!!! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1056 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats to you and yours!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BebeChouette
Member # 4991

- posted      Profile for BebeChouette   Email BebeChouette         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations Tick! Nothing beats it. I wonder if you will be posting much over the next few weeks . . .
Posts: 334 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

We are home from the hospital! My wife is doing great, so they paroled her early. Everyone is still good. Once I make it back to the in-law's house, I'll have some really good pictures of the wee one. [Smile] She may post a note later...thanks guys!
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
YEAY! [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

[Big Grin] That's so wonderful. I'm glad they're both doing so well!
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Arthur, you absolutely glow! Especially after such a long delivery! What an adorable baby boy! And bonding with parents and grandparents nicely [Smile] *bubbles*

Congratulations again!

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay! Congradulations! [Big Grin] ::Hands out bubble-gum cigars::
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig
Member # 4704

- posted      Profile for Danzig   Email Danzig         Edit/Delete Post 
This was a phantom bump, and I disliked it. Also, I missed it the first time around.

Congratulations, Tick and Arthur! [Smile]

Posts: 1364 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Thanks for all the congrats guys! I've added a couple of pictures to the gallery, and will try to add more soon. I'm back at work, which is probably the hardest part of all this. I want to be home with my wife and child. [Smile] He's such a good kid too...doesn't cry all that much, very laid back. If we could work on this sleeping at night thing, we'd be all set. [Smile]
TheTick
Member # 2883

Hmm, where are the crickets when you need 'em?
Vána
Member # 3262

I'm sorry! I looked at the new pictures, but didn't post again.

He's very cute!

TheTick
Member # 2883

That's okay, I figured I'd catch at least one person who didn't look the first time around. [Wink]
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
woah! how did i miss the updates!

cool, tick. just cool.

[Cool]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Smile] Congrats! I vote you call him Thom. I love that spelling. [Big Grin]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Thanks! He's been Thomas so far, but I'm sure he'll end up with a nickname, no matter how hard my wife tries to avoid it. [Wink]
TheTick
Member # 2883

::proud dad bump::

New pictures at gamesmaq.

dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely adorable. [Smile]
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
I logged out of my Snarky name just so you would know that I'm being sincere when I say, "Awwwww!"
Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.