FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon January 2004 - Sign up if you want more info (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: WenchCon January 2004 - Sign up if you want more info
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
ReallY!!??

But you're, like... HATRACK ROYALTY!!

KasieH, I don't have trainspotting, but there is a sort of music-video-ish bit in The Pillow Book... We really need a "flames of Hell" Graemlin.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
Oooh....

And you're right, we do.

Okay, well, if Ralphie's going, it must be fate. I'll have to go too.

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie, really? Wow!

This is just awesome! I can hardly believe all the cool people I get to meet, plus RotK!

Do we have a swooning smilie?

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
We are going to need to get some money upfront, to cover the cost of renting the room and equipment and food and drink.

I'll get an email out to you when we finalize what we'll need. Of course, if you can't come we'll refund it. [Smile]

So, as we get close, I'll need some info on diets - what types of food I need to have available for vegetarian and kosher requirements if we have any. There's going to be so many of us, I don't think it will be feasible to go out to any restaurants, we'll just cater in all the food. We have more fun sitting around and talking and stuff anyway than we do eating out.

Though, it was a priceless moment when Jenny Gardener asked the waiter in that restaurant for Miruvor. [Big Grin]

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
I think I may have to chaperone Ralphie if she decides to go.

Girl can't be left alone for two seconds.

Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Diet: Food

Will eat: Any kind of food.

I'm eager for this Mack vs. Rak cook off. Do we get to eat their food? ::hopeful::

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Action figure update:

My friend Taura and her boys came for a visit today. The boys played with Bionicles. Taura said, "What do we get to play with?"

She's a big LotR fan, so I got out my BK toys and action figures. She was trying to get my regular Frodo to sit in the boat when I heard a SNAP. Taura screamed.

"I broke your Frodo! I can't believe I broke your Frodo!"

Broken at the waist. Legs came off. We picked up the pieces.

"Something's missing," I said.

Taura screamed, "I lost Frodo's Man-part!" (This is even funnier when you realize that Taura is a very devout Baptist.)

So, I now have Squatting Frodo and Eunuch Frodo.

But my boxed set of the entire fellowship is on order, so who knows?

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

I love telling my mother about this, mainly because I am a snot of a son at times.

She's nearly convinced that you guys are stalkers, and that you've been scheming for half a year just to get me to come to Alabama so you can kidnap me and "God only knows what".

The idea of some of you sitting at an air port in ski masks makes me laugh.

However, I did tell her that I would keep an eye on Mack, as she does seem a bit questionable on the whole "kidnap me and lock me in her basement" deal. ::glare::

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't Mormons all giant space lizards or something? I think you'd be able to handle yourself against the wenches!

(j/k about the whole lizard thing)

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Gee, haven't you seen Eddie Izzard's Dress To Kill!!! We're confirmed Martians!!! What would Lizard men be building a secret Space Craft for!?!

Psshhh... Lizard Men....

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
T, get it right, it's BELLE'S basement. My basement is in NH. Duh. [Smile]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.