FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » One line descriptions of people (Page 15)

This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  26  27  28   
Author Topic: One line descriptions of people
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
He had a face like a bottom.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JonnyNotSoBravo
Member # 5715

- posted      Profile for JonnyNotSoBravo   Email JonnyNotSoBravo         Edit/Delete Post 
He had a bottom like a face with really bad breath and a scraggly beard...
Posts: 1423 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
Morbo decided to stampede a herd of pigs through his apartment management office to bolster his bargaining position. [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
After graduating from Vassar, RRR planned to take Dijbouti by storm and form a trivia utopia.
Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
jehovoid
Member # 2014

- posted      Profile for jehovoid   Email jehovoid         Edit/Delete Post 
Leroy was just going to get himself some chicken.
Posts: 3056 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
I just worked out a short story and this is the description of one of the main characters.

"My friends call me Eddy Putz" said the tall, thin, dark haired young man with the smile of an imp and the momma's boy face.

(Momma's boy face--Eddy Putz-- Think about it).

[ October 08, 2003, 04:23 PM: Message edited by: Dan_raven ]

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Robespierre
Member # 5779

- posted      Profile for Robespierre   Email Robespierre         Edit/Delete Post 
He's a hero to us all, blind in one eye and can't see out the other.
Posts: 859 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Eddy Putz...that's great!!!

LOL

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(groans) That was terribly punnish, Dan... [Big Grin]

Bertha was the kind of lady that chewed you up, spit you out, and stuck you under the desk for more chewing later.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
ha ha ha ha ha!

And a couple more

ha ha ha ha ha!

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob's personality was like an onion, not so much because of all the layers, but because every time you got inside him, you couldn't help but cry.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob was like a piece of corn stuck in the front teeth of society.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob decided that this was one of his favorite threads of all time.

Bob was the kind of patient who would adversely affect the nursing home's toilet paper budget.

Bob lay awake at night wondering how you measure a ruler.

rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Rivka was the sort of person who would suggest using a Royal Tape-Measure.
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob was the intellectual equivalent of mixing Danish modern and Victorian furniture.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Whenever something odd or funny came up, Nathan was relieved he could always fall back on the excuse: "Ya, I'm from Utah."
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia never did think that Nathan's "Ya, I'm from Utah" excuse fully accounted for all of his idiosyncrasies.
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BelladonnaOrchid
Member # 188

- posted      Profile for BelladonnaOrchid   Email BelladonnaOrchid         Edit/Delete Post 
She sat at the keyboard, impatiently trying to think of a one line description for the thread.
Posts: 701 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Koryu
Member # 5922

- posted      Profile for Koryu   Email Koryu         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Abby was one of those people who tried really hard to make it seem like she didn't care, but it never worked out too well for her.
Posts: 27 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
She was one of those people who didn't understand blonde jokes.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
I have gone over every page, and decided to make a list of some of the ones that really made me smile or really described the character.

Slash:

quote:

He hated himself so much that he condemned the world for allowing him to exist.

Bob:

quote:

It was as if someone had taken the recipe for making a well-rounded human being, left out one crucial ingredient, and the result was Bob.

Bob was the human equivalent of coffee and cigarettes for breakfast.

Bob dedicated his later years to making urban legends come true for an unlucky few teenagers who were out late at night doing things they weren't supposed to do.

Bob believed that God traveled constantly at his side, waiting for the opportunity to shove him into the path of an oncoming semi.

Bob went to a toga party and ended up three sheets to the wind.

Bob held out high hopes of one day meeting his maternal aunt in a dark alley and giving her an anonymous note about what a mean person she is, or maybe whispering this to her after she fell into a coma.

Bored with Summer reruns, childless, and beyond draft age, Bob had finally reached a place in his life where he felt he could really get behind a good war.

Bob has killed off more SIMS characters than any other person on the planet.

To Bob, vacuuming was akin to erasing the memories of all the good times he'd had

Bob had been a dirty old man since the age of two.

Bob was a shining example of what happens when you wrap yourself in aluminum foil.

Bob was the kind of person who, after witnessing the miracle of the loaves and fishes, would've asked for a nice juicy cheeseburger and some fries, to go.

The one thing that kept Bob going was the hope that his goldfish Burt, dead lo these many years, would be waiting for him in Heaven.

Bob spent the years 1972-1975 in an ashram learning to lick his elbows.

Bob spent the latter part of the 1970's and the first half of the 1980's with a piece of corn stuck in his front teeth.

Bob dared people to prove him wrong, and then would go into a weeks-long funk when they invariably succeeded.

Bob was a homebody, not through natural inclination, but by virtue of his court ordered ankle monitor

Bob studied the Bible and the US Constitution looking for loopholes.

Bob had that look about him that said "Ask me anything about Portapotties, anything at all!"

Clay was the sort of person who would pull out a calculator on a date.

Katherine:
quote:

Jose would snub girls as being beneath him, then turn and watch to make sure they noticed.

Janeen complimented people on what secretly thrilled them about themselves.

Madeliene falls in love with her fingers crossed.

Daniel said all the words he thought a father should so the kid would leave him alone to live his real life.

Anthonie lived his life only in theory.

Half of Georgia's favorite avacado-and-banana sandwich lay untouched to impress an audience she hoped was watching

TAK:
quote:

She had a smile that made me look away for fear of defiling anything so innocent and pure.

Sopwith:
quote:

John came here and somewhere a village was left without an idiot.

She had all the grace of a three-legged gazelle falling down an escalator.

T_Smith:
quote:

Nathan dreamed of working in a Pickle Factory.

Nathan was as deep as the ocean, even if people managed not to see past their own reflection.

Sometimes in life, you come across people with Egg Plant costumes for baggage; Nathan was one of those people.

The Airport Security Guy only lifted his eyebrow when he found purple tights in with Nathan's luggage.

Many people who die deserve life, some that live deserve death- Matt realized it was his sole duty to determine who these people were.

Justin would forget to call Nathan, but would proudly announce to him that he and others had a great time without him.

Nathan got misty eye'd listening to songs like "Do you know the muffin man."

Following the beat of his own drummer, Nathan never was the star of the dance floor.

Nathan, as always, smiled and blamed society.

Alex laughed at every dirty joke he thought of and blushed whenever he said it.

Ryuko:
quote:

Abby was the kind of person who tried really hard to get compliments but tried really hard not so seem like she did, and you could tell.

Abby was just like a picture by M.C. Escher: there were a few key things wrong with her, but at first glance, you couldn't see them.

Belle:
quote:

She had a long graceful neck, but not too long
- somewhere between the neck of a Russian ballerina and one of those African tribal necks with all the gold bands on them.

Icarus:
quote:

Other men had love; Joe had television.

Joe was a legendary chef; thirteen deaths from one dinner party will do that for you.

fil was as indispensible as the radishes on a burger

Joe had the blazing intellect and quick wit of a cat who had been shut in the fridge for ten minutes.

Annie:
quote:

If Annie's life were a term paper, it would have serious problems following MLA format.

Annie loved her fellow man like a recovering smoker loves his Wrigley's Doublemint gum.

Some girls are the kind of girl that comes along once in a million years. Annie was more like the kind of girl that comes along every fortnight, but she was still pretty spunky.

Annie kept a cryptic notebook titled "Questions to ask God when I get there" and scribbled in it furiously from time to time.

Annie was the type of girl you secretly wanted to send screaming from the room.

Frisco:
quote:

Eddie's the type of guy who'd call you every day, even if it was just to tell you that you make a crappy snow angel.

Advice For Robots:
quote:

Reuben kept his keys clipped to his cat's collar, so when he wanted them all he had to do was open a can of tuna.

Reuben had seen the warning signs; they were written in lipstick on his front window.

Dan_Raven:
quote:

Bob is like a Slinky . . .. not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see him tumble down the stairs.

Dan's mind slowly registered that for a corpse, he was moving quite rapidly and almost gracefully.

Everyday Dan planned to conquer the world, but always got stuck in traffic instead.

He had the looks only a mother could love, and he had shot his mother earlier that day.

Morbo never argued with his dreams, so when he dreamed he could fly,
he bought the red tights and the cape and made his way onto the roof.

He was the sort of guy who's fortune cookie's were almost always blank.

Dan liked the perfect steak, but he liked gallons of steak sauce too.

Bob practiced for hours each day until he could literally ooze sincerity from his every pore.

Dan strove hard to be one of the good guys, despite his occupation as goon, hit man, and mafia weasel. He tipped well.

The Magnificent Le'Fon was a skinny little clumsy and geeky mouse of a birthday magician whom the all powerful beings of darkness had decreed, "Must Die!"

He thought marketing breast shaped headphones with the phrase, "The Hills ARE alive with the sound of music" was clever and witty.

Liz wore his heart on her sleeve, after all, he wouldn't be needing it anymore, not buried in the backyard with all the others who ever insulted her fashion choices.

He was a heartless dolt, mainly due to Liz's sharp knife and a disagreement over the the proper use of smileys.

Dan was so ugly, inside and out, that God considered making an 11th commandment--"Thou shalt not Dan".

Jehovoid:
quote:

Everyone knows there's more than one way to skin a cat, but only Kyle knew exactly which other ways.

WheatPuppet:
quote:

Nick was a deeply shallow person.

Hobbes:
quote:

Kenji was the sort of person who thought that opening a window by his computer counted as outside exercise.

Morbo:
quote:

Morbo prided himself on always following the rules; his opponents often forgot that he made them up as he went along.

The asthmatic fat kid lumbered to his least favorite class:"Studies in state-sponsored urban terrorism;" or as others called it "gym, with dodgeball."

Alucard:
quote:

Barry was painfully and continually reminded of all the things that rhymed with his name.

ClaudiaTherese
quote:

There were many ways for CT to try to make friends, but unfortunately, she choose the rather unsettling strategy of hitting strangers over the head.

Elizabeth:
quote:

She wore her heart on her sleeve, but, unfortunately, used the sleeve to wipe her nose

Shy Violet:
quote:

Shy Violet lurked around Hatrack, reading over your shoulder like that creepy old man that lives at the bus station.

Emperor Palpatine:
quote:

Having no luck looking for dates at Star Wars premieres, Emp decided he was looking in Alderaan places.

Again, these are just personal preferences.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob changed his mind the way most people change a watch -- by pulling out the stem and twisting.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

T_Smith was the kind of person who wouldn't merely bump a thread, but make it his own at the same time.
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
Bob, can I use the watch (stem removal and twisting version) for a great story opener? Can I pretty please? Please? Pleeeeaaassseee?
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Sure, as long as you are confident that I didn't plagiarize it from someone else, it's yours to do with as you wish.

[Big Grin]

PS: to the best of my knowledge, I didn't steal it.

PPS: I have a memory like a swiss cheese, though.

Shan
Member # 4550

You're a swell guy, Bob! [Monkeys]
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob had a mind like a steel trap -- every time it caught onto something, you had to reset it, and ideas would actually gnaw off their own leg to escape!

Bob was raised by a maiden aunt who possessed the largest collection of antique porcelain bed pans in the world.

Bob learned the hard way that it was impolite to ask a woman if she was post-menopausal.

Bob had a death wish -- it mainly centered on indefinite postponement and not arriving during waking hours.

[ January 04, 2004, 04:35 PM: Message edited by: Bob_Scopatz ]

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Shan, may I see this story when you are ready?
MoonRabbit
Member # 3652

- posted      Profile for MoonRabbit   Email MoonRabbit         Edit/Delete Post 
The way I look makes heads turn - unfortunately, it's from morbid curiosity.
Posts: 173 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

*Gasp*

You actually want me to tease the plot out of my head and onto paper?

*End - Gasp*

Ryuko
Member # 5125

Abby was well on her way to gaining her doctorate in making things difficult for herself.

She was the kind of lady who defied understanding, even by herself.

Ideas occurred to Abby like rainstorms, sometimes slowly and idly, sometimes in a quick burst, but usually with a darkening of countenance.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Stop reading my journals, Ryuko . . . [Grumble]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

(sighs) Too busy writing my own.

Unfortunately, Abby spent too much time musing over what she'd write about her life that she forgot to actually live it.

Yebor1
Member # 1380

- posted      Profile for Yebor1   Email Yebor1         Edit/Delete Post 
Robey was always being serious when he was suppose to be joking and joking because he took nothing seriously.

[Hat]

Posts: 1661 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

Ouch!

I promise that st some point you WILL stop living vicariously through your journal. I do promise . . . just don't ask when that will happen . . .

Ryuko
Member # 5125

Don't worry, it was something of an exaggeration... I'm all right. [Big Grin]
Shan
Member # 4550

[Smile]

I knew that -

[Big Grin]

Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Abby was the type of person who saw kodak moments as potential live journal avatars. [Smile]

(inspired by your reaction to the RotK parody)

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

[Razz] [Big Grin]
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Bob spent much of his day attempting to immitate his favorite smiley. [Big Grin]
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Ditto: [Evil Laugh]
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Dan had a severe, nausea making, hair aching, bright light sensitive, pretty colored light embedded on the brain,headache, and was darn proud of it.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Abby was often a severe, hair aching, bright light sensitive, pretty colored light embedded on the brain headache, and she had worked hard to become that way.
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
Ooh! Ooh! somebody do me!
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
NO ONE post that in the out of context thread!!
Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

O'douls was the type of person to demand everybody "do ME!!" then try hard to cover it up.
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

At the risk of turning this into an onanism thread, I'll just add that Odouls should do himself.

That's what we all do.

[Big Grin]

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
This line desribes the peron to a tee.

"He's Irish"

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

In search of Stress relief, Dan often came to the One Line Description thread and posted his wit, all in the hopes that others would discover his hidden talents and sign him to a multi-book deal.

Well, I'm waiting.

Dan was the type of person who waited a lot.

Still waiting.

Dan never played the lottery, he attacked it as a full time job.

Dan was the type of person who noticed the similarities between a "Full time job" and a "Fool time job."

Still waiting.

Dan once thought he was crazy, but the voices in his head convinced him he was sane.

Whenever given the choice between a rock and a hard place, Dan always choose to back up and find a different route.

Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
Janet noticed that women are patient with and change for men much more often than men are patient with and change for women.
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 28 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  26  27  28   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.