FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Compliment Game (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: The Compliment Game
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if we've done this before, but this is sort of inspired by Slash's current game and DD's compliment thread.

Here's the deal. You must compliment whoever posts directly before you. The catch? Eventually we'll run out of nice things to say...or will we?

I'll start by complimenting the inspirations since I'm the first post.

Slash, I admire you're decisions and I learn a lot from you.

DD, I wish you were on AIM more because I really dig your company and email isn't sufficient.

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Psst—Diosmel is out of town (with no internet) for a few weeks.

[ July 16, 2003, 04:36 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HatrackChess
Member # 5379

- posted      Profile for HatrackChess   Email HatrackChess         Edit/Delete Post 
1t'5 a n1ce 1dea and 1t//, l00k5 w0nder ful.
Posts: 200 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

Jon, I know, but I thought I should say that anyway. I'm sure you'll let her know, you're just that kind of nice.

(Psst, Jon: you didn't compliment me)

And since Chess slipped in, I like your new name. It's fun to say.

[ July 16, 2003, 04:39 PM: Message edited by: celia60 ]

Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Oops. I guess I misread the rules of the game. Shame on me.

celia, even though you're evil, you're not totally evil. You're kind of like Darth Vader. Sure, he strangled people to death and even tried to kill his own son, but in the end, that tiny little core of good inside of him won out. That's what I like about you. You're evil enough to be fun, yet you've still got that soft spot.

How was that?

[ July 16, 2003, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for Caleb Varns   Email Caleb Varns         Edit/Delete Post 
<rerails thread>

Celia, I find you to be deliciously evil and horrifyingly pleasant all at once.

Posts: 1307 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Caleb, you are a sweetheart. You managed to tolerate me on a horrible day. Most people can't do that on a great day! [Smile]
Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
Kayla, you are mistress, queen of research, and everyone bows to you.
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
HDD, you are a refreshing counterpoint to your cousin as well as a welcome addition to the Hatrack community.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Doug J
Member # 1323

- posted      Profile for Doug J   Email Doug J         Edit/Delete Post 
Saxon75, nice to see an intelligent post for once.

(Do backhanded compliments count?)

Posts: 7083 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

- posted      Profile for Caleb Varns   Email Caleb Varns         Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, no one deals a backhanded compliment like you do. Except maybe Oscar the Grouch.
Posts: 1307 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

Caleb, your Fart_in_the_Elevator thread was so funny that I'll forgive you for not complimenting me earlier on this thread.

[ July 16, 2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Jon Boy is so great that he does, in fact, deserve Diosmel Duda, as witnessed by his willingness to play along with his lynching in another thread.

Edit: Not that I know DD at all, but she seems pretty danged great since even Celia compliments her frequently! [Embarrassed]

[ July 16, 2003, 05:16 PM: Message edited by: Rakeesh ]

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caleb Varns
Member # 946

Rakeesh, at the risk of sounding conservative I'd have to say that you're one of the most even-handed rightists on the board. It's always a pleasure to prove you wrong. [Big Grin]
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Caleb, you go out of your way to help others, and you have a deep caring for people.

Celia, I don't know if you are going to post on this again, but I'm not going to wait for it. I was listening to Billy Joel last night when a particular verse reminded me of you.

From "She's Always a Woman to Me"

She will promise you more than the garden of Eden
She will carelessly cut you and laugh while your bleedin.
She brings out the best and the worst you can be
Blame it all on yourself cause she's always a woman to me.

So ya...

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
Caleb - You can unaccountably push on your eyeballs through their lids and simultaneously make large bubbles with your bubblegum.

I can't say I don't admire that.

Nathan - You beat me to complimenting Caleb. That's something I respect.

I admire my ability to compliment the person who posts in front of me in only TWO tries!

[ July 16, 2003, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

T_Smith, you are one funny guy. You make me worry about the goofy things my son is going to do when he's your age, but your heart is big and you are sweet.

(And I always thought that song describe me rather well. [Razz] )

(man! Ralphie screwed everything up!)

Do her next!

Ralphie, you poopy head. You always make me hoot. I love you like a sister. Well, not really. I actually like you, so, better than a sister. [Smile] You show amazing patience when discussing sensitive subjects and you always amaze me, whether you are being funny or serious. Hugs, sweetie.

[ July 16, 2003, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

T, you annexed me as your minion, so that makes you my evil master, but I'd like you even if I didn't have to. Your positive outlook and gooberish sense of humor have quite often made my day.

[Edit: Well, bugger, I got two people mucking it up for me...]

[ July 16, 2003, 06:07 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
prolixshore
Member # 4496

- posted      Profile for prolixshore           Edit/Delete Post 
::cant figure out whos supposed to be complimented::

EDIT: all three!

Kayla, your research always comes in handy, and you even find ways to make me laugh sometimes.

ralphie, even though you make fun of my truck, you are still cool to talk to, even if i dont talk to you much lately.

saxon: its alwyas fun to go back and forth with you, and you have like twice my amount of posts despite the fact that we registered around the same time. and you are my uncle. [Wink]

--APostleRadio

[ July 16, 2003, 06:09 PM: Message edited by: prolixshore ]

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Ralphie, baby, you're like cow bell to me: I got a fever, and the only prescription is more. And you have eminently good taste, as evidenced by the way you follow me around.

Kayla, sometimes I find you a bit intimidating (I think you could probably take me in a fight), but between your sense of humor and your inexhaustible Google abilities, you add something to every thread you post in.

Apostle, I love you like a nephew, or even a stepchild. Even if you don't have red hair.

prolixshore
Member # 4496

i love you like a stepchild doesnt sound like much of a compliment to me. i dont know that many loving step parents, but maybe thats just me. [Wink]

--ApostleRadio

EDIT: cant spell

[ July 16, 2003, 06:13 PM: Message edited by: prolixshore ]

Posts: 1612 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
saxon- I still think you are a wet blanket even if you continually post on this thread just to hear the nice things we have to say about you. [Big Grin]

Edit to add: Apostle, it is always interesting to hear your personal experiances meeting the various musical icons.

[ July 16, 2003, 06:14 PM: Message edited by: Head Ditch Digger ]

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

I'll have you know that I have a great relationship with my stepfather. Probably helps that I don't have red hair either. [Razz]

[Edit: It's not that I want to hear the compliments about me, it's just that I've got so much saxon-love to spread around. Well, OK, fine, but who doesn't like to hear a few nice things every now and then? Or four or five? But whoever goes next should do HDD, anyway.]

[ July 16, 2003, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

prolixshore
Member # 4496

HDD- sometimes when i think theres not a sane person or a voice of reason to be found on hatrack, i read your posts and i feel better.

well fine saxon, be that way. [Razz]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

Jeff, I have been envious of you from time to time, basically because you are such a cool dude. Oft times, I have considered you to be an upgraded version of me; you share in a lot of the things that I enjoy, and I've enjoyed your presence both here, in the chat, and on the other forums.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

(I always thought the saying was "I'll beat you like a red-headed step child.")

[ July 16, 2003, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

saxon75
Member # 4589

(It is. Sorry, it was a reference to a gamesmaq conversation we had.)
celia60
Member # 2039

Nathan, you're the younger big brother I never had.

Kayla, I don't ever want to fight with you.

Saxy, I missed you while you were gone.

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
celia, we never would've gotten as far as we did in Battleschool Mafia without your input. You are deliciously evil. Like chocolate cake.
Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
odouls268
Member # 2145

- posted      Profile for odouls268   Email odouls268         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonide, I think you look great wearing a dark dress inf ront of a ladies' room door. (he said, immediately after viewing the hatrack photo album).
Simply lovely. I wish id seen more of your posts so i could give you a less superficial compliment. but tis true nonetheless.

Posts: 2532 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
odouls, your shirt is nice. And your name is beer.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pat
Member # 879

- posted      Profile for Pat   Email Pat         Edit/Delete Post 
Riachu --

You have a nice login. I always enjoyed Pokemon.

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

Pat- You're lousy at giving compliments, but you amuse me, so I forgive you.
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rakeesh
Member # 2001

- posted      Profile for Rakeesh   Email Rakeesh         Edit/Delete Post 
Ryuko,

Your name is cool and for a relative newbie you jump into serious topics and communicate yourself intelligently and convincingly.

Posts: 17164 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Ryukochan, you may very well be may favorite newbie. I'd let you into my club any day.

[Edit: Curses! Foiled again!]

[ July 16, 2003, 09:07 PM: Message edited by: saxon75 ]

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
Rakeesh gives kick a$$ compliments. and he's a conniving, manipulative, sly little devil. i mean that in the nicest way possible.

saxon75 holds his own against the likes of celia60. a feat accomplished by few. he also has the same name as the talking cat in my 10th Kingdom fanfiction. and for that i will always like him.

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Leonide, you totally awesome and one heck of a good person. Thanks for encouraging me in the "10 little Meme's" thread. Though I don't think I really did much with it, and probably was the one that killed it, you still encouraged me to do something with it. Thanks.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

T_Smith, you are truly awesome. You give me hope that when I've been here only a year, people will like me as much as they like you. And you were nice to me when I was a newbie-er than I am now.
Pat
Member # 879

T-Smith, I am amazed at how you've duped Ryuko into thinking people actually like you around here. That takes some doing.

Ryuko -- I'm impressed to hear how you think people will still be interested in having you around in a year.

Posts: 1800 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

I appreciate Pat's out-going nature, respect of others on the forum, and congenial manner. I especially enjoy his quips which are always made in kindness, though not without wit.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::falls on the ground laughing::
Pat
Member # 879

I've always appreciated how Tony rules this forum with an iron fist and allows nary a dissent.

I also like her use of tired links. I'm sure someone will think it's funny.

And T-Smith is just that ma..., ummm, boy.

[ July 16, 2003, 10:12 PM: Message edited by: Pat ]

celia60
Member # 2039

I'm so glad that Pat decided to join us. I sure hope he votes.
Ryuko
Member # 5125

I appreciate celia's use of sarcasm.
Kayla
Member # 2403

(Pat, it's Toni, Miss Dodge if you're. . . well, never mind. And I'd never seen that link, you big old poopy head. I thought it was hysterical. [Razz] )

(Ryuko, I thought I also think of you as Riachu. Sorry, dude (dudette?) I guess Pat and I are showing our kids age. [Big Grin] )

T_Smith
Member # 3734

::laughs::

I would like to point out, for Ryuko's behalf, that she is NOT Ryoko. Ryoko is someone differently. People have mistaken him (Ryoko) for Ryuko 3 times now from my count.

Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

You say Ryuko, I say Ryoko.
Lets call the whole thing off.
You say T_Smith I say Tstorm.
Let's call the whole thing off.

David Bowles
Member # 1021

- posted      Profile for David Bowles   Email David Bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
Ralphie has the least distracting hind-end I've ever chanced to see.
Posts: 5663 | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

You say HDD, I say ADD
Lets call the whole thing off
You say Scott (last name) and I say Scott R
Lets call the whole thing off

Ralphie
Member # 1565

Hey, David. Guess what I have for you.
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.