FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » FANTASY FOOTBALL!!! (Page 5)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: FANTASY FOOTBALL!!!
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
By the way who is who 'cause I'm a little confused? I'm dolfansnlions obviously.
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
No, that's cool. I think one league I was in had like, -4 for both as the guy didn't understand the difference. That works pretty well. Oh, and shouldn't incompletes be -1?

I'm the Civic Minded Five.

[ August 30, 2004, 04:02 PM: Message edited by: TheTick ]

Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
*snickers* Yeah, yeah, let's reward QBs for sucking! Kidding, kidding, -1 for incompletes works well.

I am curious about the 75 return yards per point - who ever amasses that much in a game, let alone on one return? I know the passing yards per point is normally around 30 or so, but I think I like it being a bit lower, mostly because I'm sick of scoring 22 points in a game. More points + loss = still happy me.

I'm The Bombs. Again. Take it for what it's worth.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

I only mentioned it because Completions and Incompletions are both set at 1.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Oh, and MORE PEOPLE SIGN UP??
Paercival
Member # 1408

- posted      Profile for Paercival   Email Paercival         Edit/Delete Post 
is it too late to sign up?
Posts: 348 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

- posted      Profile for newfoundlogic   Email newfoundlogic         Edit/Delete Post 
My bad about the incompletes. I meant -1, I'll change it immediately. That would be a weird league...
Posts: 3446 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

No prob, figured it was a goof, easy to do with all those changes. [Smile]
TheTick
Member # 2883

Anyone else?
Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Just a waiting for the draft here. Go Camels!
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

- posted      Profile for graywolfe   Email graywolfe         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm in as Graywolfe Paradigm, obviously, last year I think was Monkey Death Car. Went 13-0 to start the year, then lost two in a row to end it, rather annoying to say the least. Anyway, still don't know when my local money league draft is, and I have a draft on sunday, the 5th that I can't miss. Also have three live drafts going on in antsports now, but they have a 12 hour timer for picks so that won't get in the way. More People Join, needs to be at least a 10 team league.
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Eight would probably be the minimum and that's what we have. We probably need ten for a good league. Twelve or fourteen would be much better. Who was in the league last year that isn't this year?
graywolfe
Member # 3852

No clue. The problem isn't entrants, it's entrants who care all season long. Is Saiyaman in?
Posts: 752 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

I think people stayed last season. We had big problems two seasons ago.
TheTick
Member # 2883

I posted it at Pweb, not sure if anyone had done that (that's where Saiyaman lives).
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

That probably helps, and bump.
The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
the two things I care about right now with our league

#1 When is the draft?

#2 shlomo - where are you kid? Don't quit no matter the reasons, you gotta play.

<T>

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Draft as soon as we hit a decent number and depends if it looks like anymore are going to join. Right now we can't draft with 9, gotta be an even number.

Maybe Shlomo will be the tenth and I'm going to reiterate for the umpteenth time that I'll turn it over to him if he does come back.

The Silverblue Sun
Member # 1630

- posted      Profile for The Silverblue Sun   Email The Silverblue Sun         Edit/Delete Post 
set a date.

Give at least 3 days of notice before the draft.

Posts: 2752 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

That's hard when there's only 9 and we need a minimum of 10.

When are people available for a live draft since that's what everyone wants if it can happen? Times and days and I'll if its possible. If its not does anyone want to do the offline Hatrack draft instead of auto?

Sopwith
Member # 4640

Saturday morning would work good for me for the draft.

If there isn't a tenth player, why not just fill in a random team, with its draft choices taken in turn by each of the participants?

Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

I would rather make it a team of backup kickers.

Preferably more general time wise. For example: "mon, wed, fri afternoon and night, tue and thr morning and night, saturday and sunday afternoon and night"

If there are exceptions, for example you're out of town on a certain day, include that.

I think we need to wait at least until after Frances before the draft because that could be a reason why Shlomo isn't here. After Frances, if we have an even number, I'll start it ASAP.

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

We have 11 now! [Wall Bash] Which means I have to either kick someone out or wait for a twelth. I'm definitely cutting the max to 12 in the meantime though and anyone after that can post that they want in. If two want in I'll increase it to 14, and keeping on doing the same thing until we're full or ready to start.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

We have 12 now but apparently one is going to drop. So post or email me if you still want to join. There are spots open but it won't let you join unless I change the setting.
graywolfe
Member # 3852

Have we gotten that last squad yet? Anyone heard from Shlomo?
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

I haven't heard from Shlomo, but Ela posted regarding Frances and I do know that 2,000,000 Floridians are without power so I'm going to wait until after the storm and power is restored. Unfortunately, I'm another story as it isn't going to hit me until Monday or Tuesday.

Edited twice to increase 450,000 to 2,000,000 and Sunday to Tuesday.

[ September 04, 2004, 11:20 PM: Message edited by: newfoundlogic ]

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

September 14, 7:00 PM EST.

Anyone have a problem with that?

It currently says 5:00, but I'm going to change that, it won't let me right now because Yahoo is stupid.

I more team can still join.

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Someone forward this to PWEB, por favor.
Sopwith
Member # 4640

Well, I busted my butt trying to get home LAST night for the draft... much to my chagrin it is scheduled for next Tuesday night.

First off, I don't get off work until 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday nights, so please start after 7 p.m.

Secondly, why did we decide to wait until AFTER the first week of games?

newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Because of the hurricanes the soonest I could schedule it is the 14th.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

and its 8:00 PM now. I actually made a mistake and it was 8:00, I thought Yahoo was smart and had done what it usually does and had adjusted to my settings, instead it was PST. All is well now or so I hope.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Bump
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Draft is tomorrow (Tuesday) at 8:00 PM EST.

We can add one more team so someone can sign up at Yahoo! or get someone you know to sign up. The problem is that Xavier asked for his team to be deleted so that opened a spot.

One more team!

Draft tomorrow at 8:00!

Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
Sweet! I'm in!

Ukrainian Bandits.

I completely forgot about it this year. And was upset for a good ten minutes(!) Sunday that I was going to miss out on it. And then decided to randomly check the thread this morning and see how it was going.

That's what I call providence.

A couple questions:

Till when can I still make changes to my pre-rankings?

It's a live draft? Do I have to be there?

Shouldn't fumbles lost lose you more points than a regular fumble?

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

I think the draft is tonight. The two fumbles categories are cumulative, IE you lose 2 points for any fumble, and an add'l 2 for fumbles your team doesn't recover.
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

Yes it is live. Please be there.
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
You know... I see "fantasy football" and visions of hot young men in tight pants dance through my head...

Mmmmmm...

Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
newfoundlogic
Member # 3907

You missed your chance to join Telp, now off with yee!
graywolfe
Member # 3852

bump again, so no one forgets.
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, my internet at home is on the fritz, so I won't be able to take part in the live draft. Hopefully my pre-selects will work for me.

Sopwith at work...

Dang it, gonna be stuck picking Steve Smith early... wish I'd have been able to modify it after last night's game. [Roll Eyes]

Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

Heh, my brother (in my own league) preselected early in the year. He's a Dolphins fan. Yeah, that's two picks for Ricky and Boston down the tubes. He happens to have McCardell the holdout commando, too. Poor guy. [Evil]
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

- posted      Profile for Lost Ashes   Email Lost Ashes         Edit/Delete Post 
Whew, there's shmoe with worse luck than me at this game... poor guy!
Posts: 472 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
graywolfe
Member # 3852

Draft is up now. If you're not in yet, make sure you get in. [Smile]
graywolfe
Member # 3852

So whose confident and whose not? I think I could go 13-1 again, and then get the shaft, hard, in the opening round of the playoffs, like last year. [Big Grin]
TheTick
Member # 2883

Not confident at ALL. I'll feel better when some of my guys score their normal points (this means you, Trent).
Lost Ashes
Member # 6745

I got lucky with first picks, but still... I took a few sleepers there...
Sopwith
Member # 4640

Alright! Can't wait to see how this works out.

My favorite team has lost their two best players, but I got lucky enough to have drafted both of their backups.

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.