FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So you want to be Mr. Annie? (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So you want to be Mr. Annie?
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
The newest spin-off of The Annie Show is this new reality series in which eager young bachelors compete to give the wittiest request for Annie's hand.

Let's see what you've got.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
which one?
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
What? Nobody thought this was Annie's "coming out of the closet thread" yet?
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leela
Member # 5320

- posted      Profile for Leela   Email Leela         Edit/Delete Post 
"I try to reach nirvana with a whisk and wooden spoon" Annie, from out of context.

Honey, are sure you even need a man? [Roll Eyes]

[ July 30, 2003, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: Leela ]

Posts: 5 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
narrativium
Member # 3230

- posted      Profile for narrativium           Edit/Delete Post 
How you doin'?
Posts: 1357 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, as your evil triplet, I have to point out that so far, almost all Hatrack dating shows have failed.

Oh yeah. Except mine. [Smile]

[ July 30, 2003, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Jon Boy ]

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
>> The newest spin-off of The Annie Show is this new reality series in which eager young bachelors compete to give the wittiest request for Annie's hand. <<

*pushes Annie off the edge of a cliff*

*Annie grabs the cliff's edge and hangs on for dear life*

*twinky grabs her hand and pulls her back up*

There, I got your hand [Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, we were made for each other. I play bass, sing harmonies, and produce music. You are a diva. You love to cook, I love to eat. You vaguely dig physicists. I have a vague knowledge of physics. You think I'm funny. I think I'm funny.

I asked my wife and she said "cool..."

So when you want to do this...?

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

We shall have to duel for her hand, then. [Big Grin]

(Using any method other than hand-to-hand combat [Wink] My green stripe karate is no match for your black belt kung fu.)

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anna
Member # 2582

- posted      Profile for Anna           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sorry to be that ignorant, but...
What is Annie show ?
[Confused]

Posts: 3526 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Counter-strike CS_DEagle5?
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
Heh. Deagles at noon. Only a true geek would duel someone in CS.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Hence I win, right Annie-who-digs-geeks?
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm finding this thread just a little creepy...

Annie! You're too cool to sound desperate!

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Bah. CS is for weenies. [Razz]

Now if you can take me in the strategy game of your choice, then I will defer to you. [Smile]

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Geeks, T. Not married geeks. [Razz]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, Annie, you can frolic on my lawn anytime you want to.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

But T.'s wife said it was okay [Razz]
katharina
Member # 827

Annie's a prize - she gets her own hero, not someone else's borrowed one. [Razz]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Well in that case T. and I don't have to duel, and Annie can have me. [Smile]

[Big Grin]

katharina
Member # 827

*sniff* In your dreams, you're already taken. You'll have to run out of the house to sleep.
Morbo
Member # 5309

- posted      Profile for Morbo   Email Morbo         Edit/Delete Post 
What is Annie show ?--Anna
Good question.
*looks sternly at Annie*
Did you delete "the Annie Show" thread?
Annie, I put a lot of effort into mocking you on that thread--all for nothing.
Now I have to start over. [Razz]
[edit: Annie Show?, started by Jon Boy, not Annie.
I missed it when I looked the first time.]

[ July 31, 2003, 09:07 AM: Message edited by: Morbo ]

Posts: 6316 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
"The sun will come out
Tomorrow!
Bet your bottom dollar that Tomorrow
I'll be here."
(wooing Annie, with Annie)

Annie, my love, my life, my little cubic zurconium of reality.

I'd walk 500 miles, and 500 more, just to be the one to fall down helpless at your door.

Love me, use me, make me write bad checks.

All I want is your hand, well, not just your hand. I mean I'm not going to chop off your hand and use it for strange cloning experiments or anything. I mean, your other hand is nice too, and the elbows. oooooh, you elbows.

Hmmm. Let me try this again.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

kat,

You're right, I am taken in my dreams [Wink]

...but I don't quite think that's how you meant "in your dreams."

But someone has to take one for the proverbial team to keep navarritium from winning Annie's hand... [Wink]

(I say "take one for the team" because you can't really do that much with a hand unless it comes with the rest of Annie [Razz] )

Actually...

*rereads Annie's post*

>> compete to give the wittiest request for Annie's hand... <<

Never mind! The giver of the wittiest request doesn't necessarily win Annie's hand.

So I'm off the hook. kat, I'm all yours.

[Smile]

In my dreams.

[ July 30, 2003, 12:47 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Godric
Member # 4587

OK... I can't resist...

Annie,

Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, marry me?

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Gag me.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
i see mack just made you an interesting offer.
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
--I--
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
<=====agrees with mack.

the first post

[ July 30, 2003, 01:11 PM: Message edited by: Head Ditch Digger ]

Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fishtail
Member # 3900

- posted      Profile for Fishtail   Email Fishtail         Edit/Delete Post 
mack can't play anyway, since Annie wants a "Mr."
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I think mack's implication is that she doesn't want anyone making witty requests to win her hand.
Godric
Member # 4587

She'd rather be dragged off Seven Brides for Seven Brothers style?

[Razz]

larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda gives a whole new meaning to being placed on the 'Rack now don't it. Extreme Dating - watchout! (That's for the guys. I am pretty sure Annie can handle herself [Wink] .)
Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I'd like to see someone TRY to drag me off.
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I am pretty sure Annie can handle herself
Hmmmmmmmmm....... are her hands free or not? [Razz]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fishtail
Member # 3900

- posted      Profile for Fishtail   Email Fishtail         Edit/Delete Post 
What if they do it with song and dance?
Posts: 471 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Most likely I'd shoot them before they got a chance.

I hate musicals.

Godric
Member # 4587

Look out boys! The wench's got a gun!
mackillian
Member # 586

And she's a damn good shot.
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

<knows better than to mess with mack already, thank you>

<mandatory onanism remark>
I bet people would pay to see Annie handle herself
</mandatory onanism remark>

Twinky, I say "Homeworld", then. That's the only RTS I ever got into... it'll be so much less fun without a prize (since I'm "used goods")... um, how about if you win, you get Kat and if I win I don't get within 400 yds of Mack when she's packing?

[ July 30, 2003, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: T. Analog Kid ]

twinky
Member # 693

Well, I'm taken anyway (in my dreams), since I've already proposed to katharina and we've established that she probably said yes. [Smile]

I've never played Homeworld, but I hear good things. No Mac version, though, which is why I've never played it...

T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

well, Mack doesn't have to play so I don't see why we need a version for her...
mackillian
Member # 586

*gives TAK a wedgie*
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

OW! [Eek!]
mackillian
Member # 586

[Big Grin]
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

Annie(horrified): I'm not your good woman!
Dan_raven: Don't say that, Annie. I don't care what your past has been. To me, you'll always be my good woman. Because I love you. There. I didn't mean to tell you, but you...you dragged it out of me. I love you.
Annie: It's rather difficult to believe that when I find you Hatracking with another woman.
Dan_raven: That woman? Do you know why I sat with her?
Annie: No.
Dan_raven: Because she reminded me of you.
Annie: Really?
Dan_raven: Of course, that's why I'm sitting here with you. Because you remind me of you. Your eyes, your throat, your lips! Everything about you reminds me of you. Except you. How do you account for that? [aside](If) she figures that one out, she's good.[/aside]
Annie: Mr. Raven. I think we'd better keep everything on a business basis.
Dan_raven (appearing insulted): How do you like that? Every time I get romantic with you, you want to talk business. I don't know, there's something about me that brings out the business in every woman.

Don't you see, you'll be a patron of Hatrack. You'll get into Hatrack society. Then, you can marry me and they'll kick you out of Hatrack society, and all you've lost is $200,000

Later, Dan Raven sneaks into Annies house. There she is surprised to see him. Before she can scream for help, Dan starts talking.

Dan_raven: Ah, twin beds, you little rascal you.
Annie: One of those is a day bed.
Dan_raven: A likely story. Have you read any good books lately? (He lies back on her bed with a book)
Annie: Mr. Raven, will you please get off the bed? What would people say?
Dan_raven: They'll probably say you're a very lucky woman. Now will you please shut up so I can continue my reading?
Annie: No, I will NOT shut up! And will you kindly get up at once?
Dan_raven: All right. I'll go. I'll make you another proposition. Let's go in my room and talk the situation over.
Annie: What situation?
Dan_raven: Well...uh...what situations have you got?
Annie: I most certainly will not go to your room.
Dan_raven: OK, then I'll stay here.
Annie (succumbing finally): ...All right, I'll come, but get out.
Dan_raven: Shall we say, uh, ten minutes?
Annie: Yes, ten minutes, anything. But go!
Dan_raven: Because if you're not there in ten minutes, I'll be back here in eleven...with squeaky shoes on.

ps. 10 Hatrack points to the second person to guess where the above is from.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Dan, I think "you had [her] at 'Hello'". Oh wait... you didn't say 'Hello'. Never mind.

[ July 30, 2003, 03:08 PM: Message edited by: larisse ]

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

::scratches head::

But Dan, why would anyone be the first guesser then?

[Confused]

Potemkyn
Member # 5465

- posted      Profile for Potemkyn   Email Potemkyn         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey baby, you a parking ticket?
'Cause you got fiinne written all over you.

Posts: 131 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

If I said hello, then I must be going.

Godric- because they don't read directions.

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.