FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » So you want to be Mr. Annie? (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: So you want to be Mr. Annie?
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
now *there's* an album I haven't heard in a long time...
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Annie, you have already kissed me and pantsed me. I believe I'm a step up from everyone else, wouldn't you?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
But if Annie's my triplet and T's my little brother . . .

Ew!

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
a/s/l? pics?
Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Wow, how long has it been since I've seen a/s/l on the forums?
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Two minutes.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
the wittiest request for Annie's hand

Just her hand? [Eek!]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Head Ditch Digger
Member # 5085

- posted      Profile for Head Ditch Digger   Email Head Ditch Digger         Edit/Delete Post 
ROFLMAO. Thanks mack. [Big Grin]
Posts: 1244 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

::pokes mack::

You knows what I means.

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I do not think you know what you mean.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Primal Curve
Member # 3587

- posted      Profile for Primal Curve           Edit/Delete Post 
No.
Posts: 4753 | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
I do not think you mean what you think you mean...

Mack, you rock...

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

[Roll Eyes] TAK, do me a favor. Don't encourage her more than she needs. [Wink]
mackillian
Member # 586

--I--
T_Smith
Member # 3734

code:

::waves butt::

[ July 30, 2003, 10:14 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

MattB
Member # 1116

- posted      Profile for MattB   Email MattB         Edit/Delete Post 
Alas, Annie and I can never be, since I find U2 merely adequate.

[Wink]

Posts: 794 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
Richard, Annie is Morgan Majors for heaven's sake. How can you be a/s/ling her as though you don't even know her? [Smile]

P.S. She plays guitar now. [Smile] (Amen, brother!)

P.P.S. On second thought, was that an in joke I don't get?

[ July 31, 2003, 02:42 AM: Message edited by: ak ]

Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

- posted      Profile for Richard Berg   Email Richard Berg         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I'm aware she's my age and female. But the picture's not complete, so to speak; we need the Majors' photo before we can decide whether it's worth the road trip to Montana (and requisite stop in Vegas).

And yes, it's Majors' no matter what her family says.

Posts: 1839 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
o_O

Should "Morgan Majors" ring a bell?

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Effing Duh.
twinky
Member # 693

Should "Morgan Majors" ring a bell for non-Americans?
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Morgan Majors should ring a major bell for anyone who's been on this forum since the dawn of time. [Smile]
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

Like Richard Berg. [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I was never on the pre-UBB incarnation of Hatrack, though.

Edit: Now Richard Berg I do remember, though over the last couple of years I've seen him much more at Ars Technica than here.

[ July 31, 2003, 09:04 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

ak
Member # 90

Yes, at one time he was the reigning King of Hatrack before he jilted us for his other forum. [Smile]
twinky
Member # 693

Well, he is a moderator there.

With responsibilities and all. *sniff* he's all grown up now... *cries*

[Wink]

[ July 31, 2003, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

ak
Member # 90

As I recall, the breadth of his knowledge and interests was astonishing. I can't believe Ars Technica really does it for him, you know? I mean they're so limited there! We are the forum with that vast scope to talk about absolutely anything at all! How could he think of leaving us for them? <sobs quietly into her hankerchief>
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
I am amused in oh-so-many ways.

So many tempting offers, this being among the most tempting:
quote:
Hold me, thrill me, kiss me, marry me?
But I do suppose T Smith is right about our past, and TAK nailed my weakness for physicists. Dan's scenario was at least well-rehearsed.

Glad that out of all these fine threads, Richard, this one would tempt you to reply. [Smile] I have pictures on the way as soon as foobonic is back in action.

However, I shall have to refrain judgement until I've fully considered all my possibilities, and this involes waiting a week while they hook up our DSL at my new house.

Carry on, carry on. Have some refreshments while you're waiting.

Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
You see, it pays to pay attention to what a girl likes... [Big Grin]
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

>> As I recall, the breadth of his knowledge and interests was astonishing. I can't believe Ars Technica really does it for him, you know? I mean they're so limited there! We are the forum with that vast scope to talk about absolutely anything at all! How could he think of leaving us for them? <sobs quietly into her hankerchief> <<

They aren't limited there at all. [Smile] I fluctuate between posting here, at Ars, and at a few other fora I frequent. Ars is the most broad, in terms of scope, of the lot. [Smile]

ak
Member # 90

Brettly, I don't remember you on the Big Mouth Lion at all. Were you around back then? What name did you post under?

Morgan Majors started about a third of the threads on the BML forum. You would have had a hard time missing her.

Twinky: it IS? Maybe we should be posting there instead, then! [Smile] Is it like hatrack at all? I wandered over there a few times but what I saw seemed to be all technical stuff and only technical stuff. Not even technical stuff in general but just computers. Maybe I didn't wait long enough or look in enough detail, though. Will you describe to me your impression of what it's like over there? Are they newbie-friendly?

[ July 31, 2003, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: ak ]

filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
*breaking from morosity*

so many threads, so little Annie?!

*perplexed nose in shoe*

Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

I'd highly recommend Ars...except for the fact that the forums of general interest are now subscriber-only. The tech fora -- I was fascinated with them for awhile until I learned everything they had to teach; I never thought it would happen, but I'm largely a Lykaion whore these days. The Lounge is a bit more madcap than we're used to (or not, y'all seem to have stepped up the rambunctiousness in my absence), but I think you'd find the tenor and intelligence of SoapBox debates quite agreeable.

quote:
I can't believe Ars Technica really does it for him
FWIW, I'm also a moderator at Doom9. That's it! Now that I have two crowns on my head, I can offer Annie one of them in matrimony, thus enthroning the Hatrack Regency.

Edit: I remember Brettly10. I'm having trouble finding my BigMouth archive in the midst of my digital packrat-itis, so I can't say anything witty about him just yet.

[ August 01, 2003, 03:51 AM: Message edited by: Richard Berg ]

filetted
Member # 5048

- posted      Profile for filetted   Email filetted         Edit/Delete Post 
que?
Posts: 1733 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

I SO want a copy of that BML archive, when you find it! I think I wrote my best stuff over there and now I'm just noodling around, passing the time. <laughs>
twinky
Member # 693

RB summed up Ars pretty well.

I spend most of my time in the gaming forum, the Macintosh forum, and the Velvet Room (though because I have no subscription as yet I must lurk).

I used to go to the Soap Box before it went subscriber-only; the discussions there are sort of like Ornery meets Hatrack.

Edit: I wonder how many decades it will be before we see a landmark post from Mr. Berg?

[ August 01, 2003, 09:42 AM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Richard Berg
Member # 133

Dan_raven, your dialog is from a Marx Brothers movie. (I'm sure Google could tell me which one.)
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Incidentally, it was the Marx Brother's movie, Duck Soup...
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
Doot dooty-doo!

A Random Resurrection!

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Jenny's got a major case of fluff-itis. Though I'm glad to see Hobbes never posted in this thread. At least that I saw. The number of women (now including myself) who have is alarming.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Richard Berg
Member # 133

Alas, snatched away by a rogue tiger -- and I just made my Vegas trip, too. At least I happened upon pics in the interim, if I recall vaguely. (Meanwhile, funny that even though I attended the first picnic, AKA is probably the only current poster to know what I look like.)

Oh, and quit the random digression to Ars, I'm through with them even if they don't know it.

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

(Click the smilie [Cool] )

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Incidentally, it was the Marx Brother's movie, Duck Soup...
Isn't it A Night at the Opera? (Because the scene on the boat then heads into the scene in the tiny little cabin, which is definately A Night at the Opera.)

That's my favourite Marx Brothers film. [Smile]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

Richard, I probably don't know what you look like anymore. People change a lot between 18 and ... however old you are now. [Smile] 22? 23?

Slash is still around, though he posts pretty infrequently these days. Of that group I think everyone else has gone, though, you're right.

That was a great picnic! I'll never forget how much fun we had burning things! <laughs>

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.