FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Funniest essay on gay marriage that I've seen.... (Page 16)

This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16   
Author Topic: Funniest essay on gay marriage that I've seen....
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Seriously. Bound to Claire and Jennifer for all eternity? Duh, okay! [Razz]

Or even better, I'll just marry the jatraqueras. [Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
ALL the jatrequeras?

I refuse to share with Ralphie. She'll make me look bad. I can't compete with her... wit.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, marrying a hatracker seems like an awfully good idea [Smile]

I actually used hatrack as a dating criteria once... she didn't like the site, so I didn't go on another date with her...*Grin*

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

That's okay, I don't think Ralphie would marry me anyway, she's too busy lusting after Bob the Lawyer. [Smile]

How about you and ClaudiaTherese, for starters? [Big Grin]

Edit: Wow, Paul. I've never shown Hatrack to a girl I dated.

[ August 11, 2003, 04:05 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, then, how do you know whether she's worth dating?! *Astounded*

I'd definetely marry Kasie after watching that commencement address [Smile] Ooh, and pH, but she seems to be missing in action.

ClaudiaTerese is awesome, and Mackillian, and... ok, so the list goes on and on and on... but...

Yeah.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
So Hatrack, will you marry us?
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I've only met one girl with whom I'd say I'm sufficiently compatible that I would consider showing her Hatrack. I'm currently sort of seeing her, and she does know that I post on various internet fora (she and I actually happen to post on one of the same ones), but I've never linked her to Hatrack.

Kasie is certainly a cutie. [Smile]

pH hasn't been around for quite a while now. Dunno where she ran off to (or who she ran off with [Wink] )...

Sopwith
Member # 4640

- posted      Profile for Sopwith   Email Sopwith         Edit/Delete Post 
Hehehe, I think I may have finally derailed this thread.
Posts: 2848 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Not only a cutie, but well spoken too [Smile]
katharina
Member # 827

quote:
So Hatrack, will you marry us?
I'm pretty sure it's already a common-law marriage.

I'm already married to twinky in his dreams. [Smile]

[ August 11, 2003, 04:18 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

*nods in agreement with both Paul and kat*

Edit: Indeed. kat is my dream-wife, so says my subconscious. [Smile]

I guess this means I'll have to deliver my part of the communal proposal on bended knee in a hedge maze [Smile]

[ August 11, 2003, 04:26 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I've never shown Hatrack to a girl I dated.
Then, of course, there's always dating someone that you met on Hatrack.

[Blushing]

Once you go 'rack, you never go back!

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Are you propositioning me, Leo? [Wink]
Sho'nuff
Member # 3214

- posted      Profile for Sho'nuff   Email Sho'nuff         Edit/Delete Post 
that's it twinky! i'm calling you out.

We duel at dawn. What'll it be? Swords? Guns? Knives? Fists? Witty retorts? Childish insults? Your Momma jokes? Shadow Boxing?

[Razz]

Posts: 251 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Guitars.
katharina
Member # 827

*snort* I want to watch. [Smile]
Sho'nuff
Member # 3214

Do we have to play them? or just hit eachother over the head with them? i might have a problem with the former.

Although i do play a mean air guitar.

Posts: 251 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

To clarify:

Guitar solos.

[Big Grin]

Leonide
Member # 4157

not fists. Fisticuffs. get it right. [Razz]

Personally, i'd pay to see a dance-off.

[Party]

[Big Grin]

edit: oh, and no matter *what* you choose, you have to begin the duel by smacking each other across the face with a glove. i've always wanted to see that.

[ August 11, 2003, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: Leonide ]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Well, if kat wants a dance-off too, I suppose I could possibly live with that.

(Anything for my dream-wife [Wink] )

katharina
Member # 827

Dance-off, plus guitar-solos.

The glove slapping would be fun, too. Later, pie-ing. [Smile]

Leonide
Member # 4157

Heck, i'll get involved in the pie-ing!

mmm....pie...

*remembers the sweet strawberry pie she had earlier...* [Cool]

twinky
Member # 693

How about I play, and Sho'nuff attempts to dance to it? If I can trip him up, I win [Big Grin]
katharina
Member # 827

That's awesome! That's perfect!

*sneaks some of Leo's strawberry pie*

Jon Boy
Member # 4284

- posted      Profile for Jon Boy           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You know, marrying a hatracker seems like an awfully good idea [Smile]
quote:
Then, of course, there's always dating someone that you met on Hatrack.
I really don't need to add a superfluous "Hear hear!", do I?

Ah, what the heck . . .

Hear hear!

Posts: 9945 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Sounds good to me. [Smile]

Pie all 'round afterwards, of course. [Big Grin]

Leonide
Member # 4157

I was thinking earlier this week about how incongruous it was that this serious, heated, debate-heavy thread had the word "Funniest" in the title. ....Now, i suppose, the title fits again.

[The Wave]

edit: you know, Jon Boy, i always thought superfluous Hear Hears were vastly underrated. [Smile]

So, it's decided then, is it? Now we just have to prod my champion, the esteemed Sho'nuff, to accept the challenge formally. Or with slang terms.

[ August 11, 2003, 05:11 PM: Message edited by: Leonide ]

Sho'nuff
Member # 3214

stupid women and their stupid love of dudes in bands...

Hey! I aint no dancing monkey. Maybe an evil one over at Grenme, but that mostly involves pointing at people and looking evil.

Leonide
Member # 4157

awww. he's so cute, isn't he?

Sho, baby: [Kiss]

Sho'nuff
Member # 3214

Sorry, i haven't been in character huh?

Sho' aint dancing for no jive turkey wanna be. The Master dances for nobody.

Sho'nuff's Posse
Member # 3649

- posted      Profile for Sho'nuff's Posse           Edit/Delete Post 
You tell em Sho!
Posts: 25 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pixie
Member # 4043

- posted      Profile for Pixie   Email Pixie         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, so I'm going to derail back to the top of the page for a moment...

quote:
You know, marrying a hatracker seems like an awfully good idea
I think I'd definitely have to agree on that one. [Smile]

...And now that I've made a good portion of the people here either roll their eyes or laugh or some combination thereof...

I still want to see who wins this duel. ::sits back and waits for dawn:: Who's making the popcorn? [Wink]

Edit to laugh at her delayed computer because Jon Boy already did the derail. [Smile]

[ August 11, 2003, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Pixie ]

Posts: 1548 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

The Master doesn't dance for nobody, eh?

Maybe you'd change your mind...for a Scooby snack

[Hat]

*pretend the hat is actually a Scooby snack, and all will be well...*

katharina
Member # 827

Okay, this smilie: [Hat]

Is this smilie supposed to be animated? Because it is just a guy in a hat to me, and ever since he showed up, my other smilies won't move at all. While that's wonderful for the party and wave smilies, bad things are happening with the duece smilie.

Sho'nuff
Member # 3214

it's a "hats off" smilie.

a little arm comes out, lifts up the hat to reveal a tuft of hair, the hat goes down to the side as the little head bows, and as he puts the hat back on he winks.

[Hat]

what a great smilie. [Smile]

katharina
Member # 827

Well jeez, no wonder it made no sense to me at all. I thought it was just a guy in a hat. No emotion attached!

How do I make him move again. I miss my moving smilies.

Leonide
Member # 4157

Someone somewhere, in some other thread, said that if you push the Esc key on some computers it stops the smilies in their tracks. I'm not sure if that's the case with your computer, or even how to make them start again. But that's sad. Because the Hat Tipper is a worthy new addition to our ever-growing smilie collection.
Ethics Gradient
Member # 878

- posted      Profile for Ethics Gradient   Email Ethics Gradient         Edit/Delete Post 
Some observations about homosexuality threads

1. No one will ever change their minds, admit that the other side might be right, agree on basic terms of debate or do anything that could conceivably result in any sort of agreement.

2. Things are said that I have deep, personal issues with. They are said by people I like a lot. That makes me sad.

3. KarlEd is amazing. Respeck, dude. I don't know how you keep so calm.

4. It's great that religious conservatives (Scott, Kat) can talk about this without foaming at the mouth (Ryan Hart). While there's no agreement, at least there is dialogue and perhaps some understanding on the part of both sides.

5. Fluff, fluff, fluff. Thanks for restoring my faith in Hatrack after 16 pages of debate and blegh.

Posts: 2945 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It's great that religious conservatives (Scott, Kat) can talk about this without foaming at the mouth
Alas, you should have seen the napkins I went through yesterday. . . thought about borrowing LiteBrite's bib a time or three. . .
Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul and twinky -- [Embarrassed] [Blushing] [Embarrassed]

I must admit, Hatrack marriage might not be such a bad idea...

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 16 pages: 1  2  3  ...  13  14  15  16   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.