FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Boston Hatrack Picnic (Page 2)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Boston Hatrack Picnic
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, actually, the textile museum sucks some serious ass...
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
That's pleasant and informative, Paul. [Razz] Okay, okay, I'll go to the textile museum on my own time.

Burgers are good...

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
no, no, you don't seem to understand. Bartley's Burgers are GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD....

*slaver, drool*

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beca
Member # 4340

- posted      Profile for Beca           Edit/Delete Post 
I can't believe I didn't see this thread!

I've promised to go on a shopping expedition one weekend in September, which hasn't been set. Aside from that, I think I'm fairly free....

So, I will attend if I can. [Smile]

(Hi martha!)

Posts: 188 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
Yay for Sept.13 and 14th! Who else would definately go?

Mack, I may take you up on that lift if I can convince my parents to let me go. (I'll start working on them as soon as I know it's really on.)

Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I can supply them with supporting stuff, too. Like, I work for community council, they can verify that I work there, blah blah.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I got the date, but where's the meeting place, exactly?

I know very little about the layout of any city that isn't Montpelier, Burlington, or Barre, VT. I suggest meeting in a place that's big and easy to find... somewhere near a T-station would be helpful, too, since I know sort-of how to navigate the T.

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

Dragon, if you have trouble persuading your mom, email me and I'll give you my phone number -- I will be happy to talk with her on the phone if that will help. Ditto to anyone else whose parents need convincing. My email is in my profile. I am a very normal-sounding person on the phone. [Evil]

Okay, it's official: September 13th. Let's meet at Bartley's Burgers at 6PM. (Please note, they accept cash only. Also, it is likely to be VERY crowded -- Mac, do you know if they take reservations?)

And we'll do our picnic on the Charles on the 14th, so everyone keep that date free. For anyone who's coming from afar, I am certain we can rustle up some overnight accomodations on couches and such.

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Man. Had to pick the 13th.

I can still make it, I'll just be tired and irritable, most likely. I have to take the secondary math Praxis that morning at 7:30. Ick.

Ah well. Nice drive after a pain in the butt test. Fun. [Smile]

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

HAHAHAHAHAHA. Reservations. *snort*
martha
Member # 141

Do we have a smiley that incorporates "startled," "amused," embarrassed," "taken aback," and "surprised" all in one?

Okay then I won't make reservations [Razz]

mackillian
Member # 586

*pat pat* [Smile]
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry martha, was going for the consonance [Smile]

Anyrate, Bartleys is a good place to meet. Just be aware that we will MEET at 6, and sit down at 6:30 or so. Its fast turnover, and limited space, and usually crowded.

I'll be there. I'll try to drag my very studly brother in the hopes of hooking him up with a hatrack woman, who are known to be the ideal women for all english majors, of which my brother is one. Did I mention he's got lots of muscles, is a really sweet guy, and desperately single?

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Does he hike?
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

He spent 2 weeks on the appalachian trail one summer, and another 10 days the next... so, yes?
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
martha, I may need the same favor of you..... with the whole parental persuasion thing. I'm still not sure if I'm gonna go, I mean, being a noobie and all. Plus, it would be kinda weird if I were the only teenager going.......

*hunches down* I feel young...

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
WheatPuppet
Member # 5142

- posted      Profile for WheatPuppet   Email WheatPuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Evie, if I'm going, you wouldn't be the only teenager there. I'm 19, and I'd likely bring my girlfreind, Gretchen (SN: Gwynaria), who's 18.

... Do I have to pry the location of this "Bartleys" out of someone, or will someone give me an idea of where it is willingly. I suppose I could check out Streets 98, that has almost every business in the U.S. that existed in 1998. Masochistic Microsoft data-entry freaks! (mmm... alliteration [Big Grin] )

Posts: 903 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Paul could give better directions than me. It's in Harvard Square. Once in Harvard Square, my instincts just lead me right to Bartley's. Inexplicable. [Big Grin]
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Thanks Wheat Puppet, but I'm still younger than you by a while. It would def. be a little akward for me. But thanks anyways.....I'll have to think about this
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

I haven't started trying to convince my parents yet but I'm 16, I think I'd be the youngest...
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

DRAGON!!!! You rock! I'm 16 too! Yeah! I wouldn't be the youngest there....Now all I have to do is to talk my rents into it
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

I'd be more then willing to provide my phone number if any parents want to call me. I'm only 24, so not sure if that helps or not.
Member # 4842

- posted      Profile for *           Edit/Delete Post 
Holy poop! A gathering in Boston?!

Gotta go figure out if I can make it....I *so* hope so. [Frown]

-myr

Posts: 353 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I forgot that Paul's an old fart. [Razz]
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Totally ancient.
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
hey! I live near boston... If I EVER get a job maybe I can go too...
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Where near boston do you live?
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
mmmkay. I'm pretty sure I'm free on Sat the 13th. Muff muff.

Anyone needing a ride from Providence area, Mike and I will probably be driving up.

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Anyone needing a ride from the dorchester area, I'll probably be taking the T

*Grin*

Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
Let me know when you folks are going to be at the common; maybe I'll swing by for that.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
in Rockland. 30 mintues outside of Boston by Commuter Rail
I'm trying to get a JOB in Boston

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

[ROFL] Paul
Member # 4842

- posted      Profile for *           Edit/Delete Post 
Suneun, d'you think it'd be possible for me to follow you guys up from Providence? I'd feel a lot better about using internet directions if I was also following someone. [Embarrassed]
Posts: 353 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

Dragon, you better talk to your parents! And have them call me if they have any problems. Email me to set up a time (because I'm moving to a place where there's no phone yet, but I can still come back here to my boyfriend's place and use his phone if I know when to do so.

Evie, you too.

I'm so pleased that you guys will do my waiting for me! (i.e. I get out of work at 6 downtown, and will probably arrive at Harvard Square right around 6:30.)

sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
To summarize It is on the 13th.

And we're meeting at 6 at Bartley's which is in Harvard Square. And Bartley's appears to be a Burger place.

Do I understand things correctly?

Oh and if Paul is ancient then I am almost there.

edited b/c I keep misspelling stuff

[ August 29, 2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: sarahdipity ]

Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Alright..can someone spill out all the plans for the meeting? I'm getting really confused, and if I'm going to persuade my rents, then I need definite planes. (wait...plans, I kant speel).
martha
Member # 141

I believe I shall be the oldest there (I am turning 25 on Sept.18th). Though Paul can still hold the title of Most Ancient from 6pm until I get there. Unless.. Beca, I don't remember how old you are.

Yes, sarahdipity and Evie, those are the plans, 6pm Saturday September 13th at Bartley's Burgers.

There is also very definite talk of a real Picnic along the banks of the Charles River the next day, Sunday the 14th. Details possibly to be decided at Bartley's, unless someone needs them decided earlier.

I can provide overnight sofa-ness for at least two people. Anyone who is fond of sleeping on floors is welcome to mine.

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

I can house someone as well. Though no garuntee's on condition of apartment... am moving into it monday. We could still be moving stuff around. Anyrate, can definetely sleep somone who needs a sleeping location.

Also, Bartleys is not only a burger place, it is ideally suited to the hatrack personality.

Anyhoo... I'll be there at 6. I think, Martha, the best plan is at 6:10 I'll see who is there, count noses, add 1, and then put our names in.

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Oh yeah. Bartleys is on mass ave, just a hair outside harvard square. I'd say its right next to a book store, but since there are about 8 there, it doesn't help.

I'll provide clothing information later on, so you guys can look for me. I wish I had a "the enemy's gate is down" shirt [Frown]

mackillian
Member # 586

It helps that you're tall. [Smile]
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

This is true... I may wear a cowboy hat just for the occassion. That will stand up over the crowd [Smile]
Dragon
Member # 3670

Guess what?? I can go! My Mom would like to come with but I think that's okay. [Party]
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

So you're saying I should introduce myself as

"The creepy guy who is going to kidnap your son?"

mackillian
Member # 586

That's fine [Smile]

wow! you can GO! [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

considering dragon is a chick...
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

*gracefully inserts feet into mouth*

Sorry dragon. I honestly didn't know that.

mackillian
Member # 586

chew vigorously. [Wink]
Dragon
Member # 3670

[ROFL] s'ok.

You can introduce yourself as "The creepy guy who is going to kidnap your daughter" though...

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Ok. I can do that [Smile]
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, wildcard (*), e-mail me so we can figure things out for the drive up.

This is an overnight event with things the next day? hmm.... I think I'm going to be bothering Martha to crash at her place, but that I'll be driving elsewhere on Sunday. We'll see.

Hey, Beca, are you reading this? Are you coming? You'd better!

Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.