FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Boston Hatrack Picnic (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Boston Hatrack Picnic
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that on Sunday I'm hiking. I haven't decided which trail yet. If anyone wants to come, they're more than welcome. I promise to go your speed. [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

- posted      Profile for martha           Edit/Delete Post 
So maybe the picnic on sunday will be Jamie's hike. I like that idea. There is a large park slightly north of town (15-min drive) where there are all sorts of trails, we can agree on one that works for everyone.

http://www.fells.org/fells.html

btw, Dragon, of course it's cool that you're bringing your mom -- maybe we can kidnap her and force her to join hatrack.

[ September 01, 2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: martha ]

Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I have duct tape.

For hiking, I was thinking more along the lines of Mt Monadnock (1:36 from Boston). Get some views [Wink]

Or Blue Job Mtn (1:21), Mt Uncanoonuck (60 minutes, added benefit of being 10-15 min from my apt), Crotched Mtn (1:32)), Mt Watatic (1:27).

If we drive an hour or hour and a half, we get some mountains. If we're hiking in MA on the eastern seaboard, it's all flat. And flat hiking is terribly boring. [Wink]

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
If you want a compromise, the Holyoke range is great. Steep hills for MAck, drive-to mountain tops for me, and other pathetically out-of-shape ones. We could set up a picnic, and hike around the summit, then let the Mack Pack hike as far and fast as they want.

Great views. Great food.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

oooooooo.
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
I just hiked Mt Monadnock yesterday! It was suprisingly fun (the last time I hiked it was in the pouring rain in 4th grade).
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
martha
Member # 141

Hmm. Mountains are okay with me, as long as it's not a really long hike (three miles is probably my limit). Is there someone with a car who'd be interested in driving people up there from Boston?
Posts: 1785 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting so confused now! Why all this changing of plans?!?!?!?!? [Grumble]
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

This is for SUNDAY. Saturday is Bartley's. I'm going on Saturday, then I'm going hiking on Sunday. If there are any Hatrackers who want to come along, they're welcome and I'll plan the hike to accomodate whoever. Martha suggested we do a hike as a Hatrack picnic thing. So yeah. Unconfused now?
Evie3217
Member # 5426

OHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! Okay.....nevermind....... [Blushing]
Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4842

- posted      Profile for *           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm, do you have a new e-mail address, Suneun? I keep having my e-mail returned when I try to send it to you.
Posts: 353 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

- posted      Profile for Bokonon           Edit/Delete Post 
I'd be up for monadnock, maybe. I think it'd be a fair test of mack's and my own hiking speeds [Smile] Hopefully I'll be all unpacked from my move by then!

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suneun
Member # 3247

- posted      Profile for Suneun   Email Suneun         Edit/Delete Post 
E-mail changed, *. My forward must have stopped. Oh well.
Posts: 1892 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Godric
Member # 4587

- posted      Profile for Godric   Email Godric         Edit/Delete Post 
OK. I'm coming. Be afraid. Be very afraid. [Evil]
Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

[Eek!]
Member # 4842

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Posts: 353 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
*wishes she could come*
Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
coil
Member # 4571

- posted      Profile for coil   Email coil         Edit/Delete Post 
Well hmm.
Posts: 886 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
i so want to go, but only if i have some sort of money and can find these places in Boston...
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

Syn, google and mapquest are your friends. If you can get to a T subway station, you can get to Harvard Square. From there it's no more than a 5-10 minute walk.

Bartley's:
1246 Mass. Ave.
Harvard Square, Cambridge
617-354-6559

That's all you need to use mapquest.

-Bok

Posts: 7021 | Registered: Nov 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FlyingCow
Member # 2150

- posted      Profile for FlyingCow   Email FlyingCow         Edit/Delete Post 
Damnit I may have to back out of this one. That'll make two I've missed! Arrrgh.

This weekend is shaping up to be rough, between work, taking the Praxis, and having a freelance deadline on monday.. If I get everything done by Friday, I may head on up, but it's looking doubtful now.

Posts: 3960 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

--I--
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Arfg. Can't make it this time.

Mack, any time you want to run the Holyoke Range, let me know. I will drop you off and pick you up at points of your choosing, and take you out to lunch.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

What the heck!?

Can we get a roster of who is going?

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there with my brother.
I intend to get there at 6pm. I will be wearing blue jeans and, if it is cold, the same jacket I am wearing in the photos posted of me from when Billie, Ted, Jamie and I went to bartleys a couple years ago. If it is not cold, I will be wearing a salty dog cafe t-shirt. it is blue. And I will be standing outside bartleys. I am tall and gangly looking, so if you see a tall gangly guy outside bartleys, its probably me. I figure I stand out a bit, so gather around me, its probably easiest.

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bokonon
Member # 480

I'll be there, likely with my Stinko-Man t-shirt.

-Bok

Godric
Member # 4587

I'll be there... with a knapsack on my back!

Well, just a backpack. I have no idea what shirt I'll be wearing. Just look for the guy who looks like he just spent nine hours on a dirty, smelly bus. [Big Grin]

Posts: 1295 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

Am I going to be the only girl!? [Eek!]
Godric
Member # 4587

I think Myr (*) is coming...
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
and me, and my Mom...
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 4842

Yup yup, I'll be there, most probably wearing orange and black (like a pumpkin [Wink] ).
mackillian
Member # 586

I have no idea what to wear! [Eek!]
martha
Member # 141

I will be there, albeit late. I'll just go in and look for a group of intellectuals having a good time. You'll know me by my t-shirt (that's all I'm saying).

Suneun doesn't know what she will be wearing (I would guess a Techhouse t-shirt).
Mike will wear his Varekai (Cirque du Soleil) t-shirt, which is bright red.
They will be accompanied by * and hopefully also by Beca.

A word to the people who are driving to this: wear walking shoes, because you may have to park FAR away.

sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll be there.... wearing something. I will undoubtably have a green backpack with a leather bottom on it. I'll probably also have a green jacket with me. I'm about 5'3" with brown hair and blond hi-lights. Yeah I know not whatelse to tell you

[ September 13, 2003, 01:46 PM: Message edited by: sarahdipity ]

Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Boon
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
SOOOO?!?! How was it?!? Pictures? Long narratives? PWEEESE!?!?!
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Evie3217
Member # 5426

Sorry guys! I couldn't get there. I wasn't even up until 12:30 this afternoon. I went to the Guster concert last night, and I was wiped. I wouldn't have been able to get there. Hope ya'll had fun though!
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
I talked to martha and mac on the phone from the picnic and they sounded like they were having a blast. Twelve people showed up! They said there will be pictures posted soon.
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
JaneX, Shlomo and I talked to mack and everyone too. [Smile]

Thanks for calling, it brightened up my evening. [Big Grin]

**Ela**

Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.