FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Malfoy did it and I have proof.

Author Topic: Malfoy did it and I have proof.
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
*****SPOILERS*******

*****MAJOR SPOILERS*****

I swear we need someone with that name.

Anyway, I recieved a copy of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets on DVD.

At the end of the movie Harry accuses Mr. Malfoy of slippy Ginny Weasely Riddle's old diary.

He deny's this accusation and says, "you have no proof."

We do.

Its called the DVD Pause, and Rewind.

I went to the Diagon Alley bookstore scene. I froze the picture where Malfoy picks up Ginny's one book. One Book.

Fast forward over a lot of bickering and name calling, then froze the picture again where Malfoy returns the book to Ginny's cauldron. Two Books.

I don't recall how Rowling described this in the book, whether she hints at the extra book or not, but there can be no doubt on the DVD.

Of course the most guilty party--me.

The DVD my friend sent me, in four different locations, the screen gets a superimposed message: THIS RECORDING FOR PREVIEW ONLY

I'm an intellectual privatter.

Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Major Spoiler
Member # 5498

- posted      Profile for Major Spoiler   Email Major Spoiler         Edit/Delete Post 
[No No]
Posts: 3 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ludosti
Member # 1772

- posted      Profile for ludosti   Email ludosti         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Ginnie may not have proof, but we, the all-knowing audience, do.

[Wink] I have fun watching the TT DVD with its "For Your Consideration" appearing throughout and the "this is only for Academy use" blurb at the very beginning... [Evil] [Evil Laugh]

Posts: 5879 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep... Yep...

I noticed that from the beginning... But one thing I didn't catch until later...

*SPOILERS*
Ok... So at the end when Lucius Malfoy is walking off and Harry gives him the diary wrapped in the sock, which Lucius accidentally throws to Dobby, did anyone else notice that the spell he's about to cast on Harry is the AVADA KEDAVRA CURSE??

Sorry, but I just can't believe that cool, calm, collected Lucius Malfoy would get THAT mad...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aretee
Member # 1743

- posted      Profile for aretee   Email aretee         Edit/Delete Post 
That and I can't believe that Lucius Malfoy would be that rash...how would he have explained Harry's death?
Posts: 1735 | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hillarygayle
Member # 4624

- posted      Profile for hillarygayle   Email hillarygayle         Edit/Delete Post 
In the book, it's highly suspicious. I remember reading it the first time, wondering what Malfoy did to Ginny's BOOK! I never put 2 + 2 together until I read through the 2nd time, though. So no; it's not explicitly stated in the book, though the scene is quite suspicious.

HG

Posts: 9 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beren One Hand
Member # 3403

- posted      Profile for Beren One Hand           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, its just like the Zapruder film. [Roll Eyes]
Posts: 4116 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Do I have to remind everyone that the movies are not canon?

Of course, It explicitly says the very same thing in the books, even though the slip-book-in-cauldron wasn't noticed and therefore not mentioned in that particular chapter. There was no doubt in my mind that Lucius Malfoy slipped Ginny the diary, I'm just being nitpicky. It's rather fun every once in a while.

<Edit to correct my Lucious Malfoy freudian slip, and for confusing 'books' with 'movies'. Stupid me.>

[ August 05, 2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Um, given that Rowling wrote the books upon which the films are based, how are they not "canon?"
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
Is that Shatner film canon because it was based on the Bible? [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]

[ August 05, 2003, 08:26 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

Dude, you said the books are not canon. In your counterexample, no, Shatner's movie is not canon, but the Bible is.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

Some day, before the millenia, I will actually read what I write. I meant to say the movies are not canon.

And it's Dudette to you. [Big Grin] [Razz] [Big Grin]

[ August 05, 2003, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

saxon75
Member # 4589

OK, we're cool then. Problem solved. [Smile]
saxon75
Member # 4589

Oops! I apologize for the mixup. Although, if it makes you feel any better, I often call my female friends (including my wife) "Dude."

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.