FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Did everyone else see this interview with OSC?

Author Topic: Did everyone else see this interview with OSC?
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
From Sci Fi weekly.

It's a lot of the same stuff, but it has a few interesting things in it.

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Someone should send the link to the woman who keeps calling his wife.

quote:
Well, today my wife got such a call again. And the woman this time was equally certain she had talked to the real Orson Scott Card. My wife asked how old the guy was, and the girl said late twenties or early thirties. “My husband is 51, and no one would mistake him for 30,” she said. “Did the man you met have graying hair? Bifocals?”
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/current/interview.html

Now see, that nice picture and all, I doubt she'd still be harassing them.

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Slash! That was a good read, and I did learn a little that I had not known.
Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What's your writing regimen?

Card: When my wife tells me we're about out of money, I finish something. Otherwise, I avoid writing the way any sensible person avoids work when nobody's making you do it.

Uncle Orson, you never cease to inspire me! The bare-naked truth, unvarnished (as if varnishing something that's naked would hide it anyway!). You are so good to aspiring authors, I just want you to know that I feel better (more hopeful) whenever I read your thoughts on writing.
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ak
Member # 90

- posted      Profile for ak   Email ak         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What's your writing regimen?

Card: When my wife tells me we're about out of money, I finish something. Otherwise, I avoid writing the way any sensible person avoids work when nobody's making you do it.

This made me laugh out loud. [Smile]
Posts: 2843 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree, completely hilarious! and also something that I completely empathize with at the moment, since I am currently in the throes of terminal procrastination.
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Alucard...
Member # 4924

- posted      Profile for Alucard...   Email Alucard...         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob,

That was a great snip from the interview. I was also very impressed with how OSC wrapped up the interview. The man has poise, style, and grace.

I feel compelled to say that OSC is as cool as the other side of the pillow. Unless of course, you bring up Meryl Streep.

[Monkeys]

[ August 09, 2003, 06:01 PM: Message edited by: Alucard... ]

Posts: 1870 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shan
Member # 4550

- posted      Profile for Shan           Edit/Delete Post 
The joke about winning the Pulitzer was great - go for it, Mr. Card! You'd be the most original winner it's seen for a long time.
Posts: 5609 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
littlemissattitude
Member # 4514

- posted      Profile for littlemissattitude   Email littlemissattitude         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
...as cool as the other side of the pillow.
[Hail] Alucard..., that is the best saying I've heard in I don't know how long. So appropriate.
Posts: 2454 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
*fan-boy voice* OSC ROCKS!

Seriously, though. He rocks. He's awesome. [Smile]

*also thinks that Alucard's phrase was uber-cool*

[ August 10, 2003, 02:48 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
He had better come to Portland when I'm home on break!!

That was such an awesome interview. Thanks for the link!

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, there are very few authors I respect as much as I respect OSC... I'd really like to meet him someday....

(dreamy, fangirlish eyes)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.