FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Proposal from the hatrack men to the hatrack women (Page 2)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Proposal from the hatrack men to the hatrack women
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Elizabeth.coolness++;

[Smile]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Come to think of it, I'm not sure I wouldn't rather keep posting in sin.
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hansenj
Member # 4034

- posted      Profile for hansenj   Email hansenj         Edit/Delete Post 
ooh, nifty light up pens now! [Big Grin]

This arrangement is getting better and better...

[Party]

Posts: 1635 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I'm not sure I wouldn't rather keep posting in sin.
That was awesome, Chris.

You don't get nearly enough credit for being incredibly funny.

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
High praise indeed!

I wasn't sure how to explain to Teres that I was going to be marrying 3,000 people. We have enough problems ordering pizza for four...

Besides, I'm secure enough to admit that I couldn't possibly do justice to this many talented and enthusiastic women. Six or seven of you are just going to have to wait.

[ August 11, 2003, 09:12 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
A hatrack mass wedding, eh?

Well, I need something else to put on my resume...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Six or seven of you are just going to have to wait."

Actually, I believe an octopus has eight legs...

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

True. Unfortunately my tentacles have yet to descend.
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Now that was a great pun [Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

It's not something I like to talk about.
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
We really need a smilie of someone laughing until they explode.

*wipes tear*

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I am SO not cleaning up that mess, Olivia.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
(smacks own self in face at atrocious pun)

[Roll Eyes]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Pod
Member # 941

- posted      Profile for Pod           Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with my cyber-mother.

On that note, i think i shall refrain from joining this little escapade, to avoid cyber incest, thanks very much.

Posts: 4482 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
Umm, Ted dear...
I'm Anne Kate's daughter

Anne Kate's brother is Bernard, which is also your brother.

Therefore, apparently you're dating your neice [Razz]

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

Hey! I've posted on this thread, but I never agreed to anything!

So you won't be cyber-marrying your cyber-mom. [Laugh]

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

I'm tired of all this cybering.
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Maybe we could just be a really, really extended family. Those of us who prefer to be kindly parental types can do so, and what consenting Hatrackers choose to do in the privacy of their own threads is entirely up to them.

Just stick a towel on the thread if you're using it, and we'll make a lot of noise if the moderator shows up.

Please note: "Consenting Hatrackers" doesn't apply to minors. Sorry, kids.

[ August 11, 2003, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

Jaiden
Member # 2099

- posted      Profile for Jaiden   Email Jaiden         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm adopted if that makes it better-
Anne Kate paid large sums of money to love me *laughs*

Posts: 944 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I'm a bit too young to get married.

Hmph.

Oh well. This [Kiss] goes out to all my would-be jatraquero hubbies!

[Big Grin]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Please note: "Consenting Hatrackers" doesn't apply to minors. Sorry, kids.
*pouts in corner*

[Grumble]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my... Mack made me choke on a fry.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

quote:

Wait, you mean we have a daughter and we aren't married? Gosh, my Bishop is going to have a heart attack.
Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

Well, if that don't beat the Bishop...

Why is this starting to sound like a Jerry Springer show?

"What, you mean I have a daughter?"

"Yes you do, and here she is, she's coming onstage with her fiance!"

"But that's the grizzly bear that saved my life!"

"Yes it is, Daddy! We met in the hospital while you were recovering. Isn't he wonderful!"

"Rawrr!"

[ August 11, 2003, 10:38 PM: Message edited by: Chris Bridges ]

T_Smith
Member # 3734

::laughs::
Avadaru
Member # 3026

quote:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait, you mean we have a daughter and we aren't married? Gosh, my Bishop is going to have a heart attack

Hmm. Yeah, that is a problem. Uh...well, to spare your poor Bishop.....

T, will you marry me?

[Kiss] [Big Grin] [Wink]

Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

Only if I get to be the bride.

And do we have to be married to everyone else? Cause if so... I think we'll go have our own mass wedding in Las Vegas. You know... just between us two.

Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

An old article, oddly appropriate for the occasion:

Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today in the presence of this company to join together Jackie, Kathryn, Emil, Eric, and Steve in the holy bonds of matrimony.

This ceremony represents their desire to publically proclaim their love for one another, and their devotion to a relationship that is far beyond that of friend, companion, or even lover. They wish to marry, in the eyes of their family and friends, in the eyes of God, Gaia, the Buddha-nature in all of us, and the absolute absence of any higher power, respectively. Theirs is not a shallow love, but a love tested by time and hardships until it is tempered and true and able to withstand all trials, except for Eric who just moved in last month.

Kathryn, Jackie, and Eric feel that their lifelong mate should be strong and independent, loving, faithful, understanding, devoted, compassionate and most of all -- a best friend. Steve is already legally married to Kathryn, but he pretty much agrees anyway and he really digs Jackie. Emil says he believes in lifelong, unbreakable marriage vows, loves Kathryn deeply and is kinda curious about Eric, so he's up for it.

Forasmuch as these five people have come hither to be made one in this holy estate, if there be any here present who knows any just cause why they may not be joined in marriage, I require him now to make it known or ever after hold his peace.

Jackie, do you take Kathryn, Emil, Eric, and Steve to be your lawfully wedded spouses? Do you commit your life to them, embracing all joys and sorrows, all triumphs and hardships?

Kathryn, do you take Jackie, Eric, and Emil to be your lawfully wedded spouses, to have and to hold, in sickness and in health, 'til death do you part, even if Emil is kinda creepy?

Emil, do you take Jackie and maybe Eric to be your lawfully wedded spouses, to love and to cherish, forsaking most all others with pre-agreed upon exceptions for Butch Night at the Arena and the occasional one-nighter as per the pre-nup?

Eric, do you take Kathryn and Jackie to be your lawfully wedded spouses? Do you swear your future and your life to them, knowing that they're also bi-curious and that you're entering into a sensual paradise of which other guys may only dream? Do you realize that Emil swiped a photo of you at the beach and hid it in his wallet, and that you'll have to deal with it eventually?

And Steve, do you take Jackie to be your lawfully wedded wife, allowing Kathryn her freedom to explore her newly awakened eroticism with Jackie and Eric, especially since things were getting kinda slow with her anyway and Jackie is just so totally bitching?

Does someone have the bag of rings?

If you would please place the rings upon each other's fingers, and repeat after me: This ring symbolizes the unending union of my life with several of yours. Your dreams are now my dreams. Your hopes are my hopes. Your fears are my concerns. Your finances are now my finances. Your affection is my joy. Your crazy relatives are my crazy relatives. Your repo problems are my repo problems. Your love is my blessing.

Because you, Jackie, Kathryn, Emil, Eric, and Steve have consented together in this sacred commitment and have declared the same before this company of family and friends, I now pronounce you husbands and wives. You may now kiss... everybody.

Avadaru
Member # 3026

T, I wouldn't even think of denying you the chance to be a bride.
mackillian
Member # 586

I would. I think about it all the time.
T_Smith
Member # 3734

You think of telling me I can't be Avadaru's bride?? And I'm just now learning this!?

[ August 11, 2003, 11:03 PM: Message edited by: T_Smith ]

mackillian
Member # 586

No, I think of denying the chance for you to be a bridge. And I smile.
blacwolve
Member # 2972

- posted      Profile for blacwolve   Email blacwolve         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, somehow I think your bishop would have an even bigger problem with you being Avadaru's bride.
Posts: 4655 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Yee-hee!! I'm not a minor! [ROFL]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
Me either! [Big Grin]
Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Leonide
Member # 4157

- posted      Profile for Leonide   Email Leonide         Edit/Delete Post 
What, none of you commented on Chris' marriage ceremony? Gee whiz!!

Frelling hysterical, Chris. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

[Hail] [Hail]

Posts: 3516 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I agree. Chris Bridges is a funny man. [Big Grin]
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
So I vote Chris officiate. Which is only a complication if he wanted to participate. In the event that he is unavailable to perform the ceremony <bridezilla>(because I don't believe in double casting and we're all just going to have to conform to the way I want things done)</bridezilla alt="maybe">, who's gonna do it?

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

If I can dig out my 20-year old Universal Life Church membership card from somewhere, I'll perform the ceremonies. We'll need a concensus on the ceremony, or I can adapt Zelazny's "Agnostic's Prayer" to cover all bases.

Who's giving the brides away? OSC?

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm already twinky's dream wife, so the extended ceremony is just a formality.

I have to say, twink, that my favorite part of the dream was that it "just seemed like the thing to do." Like there was a pause in the conversation, and your brain said, "Twinky! Say something!" and a proposal popped out.

Twinky's brain: "Yeah, that'll work! That'll give us something to talk about."

[Big Grin]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Taco Bell is giving away the brides, free with any Nachos Grande combo meal. (Collect them all!)

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris, if you can adapt Madrak's prayer to fit the ceremony, then I can no longer resist. I mean, being married to a luscious group of jatraqueras was tempting enough, but to be married by a re-write of my all-time favorite bit of satire is just too much...

even if this means I have to sleep with Twinky from time to time [Eek!]

(don't be embarassed, Twink, everyone knows you love me [Wave] )

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

This thread just keeps getting funnier. My half-brother and his wife had another wife for a while. Then my brother and his wife divorced so he could legally marry the other wife. So she could get visitation with her children from a previous marriage.

One of my best friends has a sister who lives with her husband and another couple. They bought a house together and everything. The 'other' husband was her lamaze partner when she had her baby. [Dont Know] The family just sort of ignores it, which I think is the best course of action. I mean, there may not be anything funny going on.

Ron and I have had Nescho living with us for over a year, so I'm sure there are people in the neighborhood who wonder if something hinky is going on. But he's just renting a room.

So let them think I have a RL hoochie stable. [Evil]

twinky
Member # 693

>> I'm already twinky's dream wife, so the extended ceremony is just a formality. << (kat)

Indeed. This is really just an extension of our existing dream marriage to include all jatraqueros and jatraqueras. [Smile]

>> I have to say, twink, that my favorite part of the dream was that it "just seemed like the thing to do." Like there was a pause in the conversation, and your brain said, "Twinky! Say something!" and a proposal popped out.

Twinky's brain: "Yeah, that'll work! That'll give us something to talk about." <<
(kat)

That's a very accurate assessment. [Big Grin] In my dream I got the distinct impression that everyone but me knew I was going to do it. [Razz]

>> even if this means I have to sleep with Twinky from time to time [Eek!] << (TAK)

I might even be persuaded to serenade you [Wink]

T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow. that would be *cool*!
Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raia
Member # 4700

quote:
Yee-hee!! I'm not a minor!
I repeat: [Grumble]

Though maybe someone will marry me anyway... *hopeful looks* Come on, who's up for a bit of rule-breaking?

[Monkeys]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Age of consent in Texas is 17... [Big Grin]
Raia
Member # 4700

Hooray!!! In that case, in 11 days you can all marry me!!!!

[Big Grin]

T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

only if you move to Texas...
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.