FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Proposal from the hatrack men to the hatrack women (Page 3)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Proposal from the hatrack men to the hatrack women
Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
Fie.

OK, someone else? I'm up for it... TAK, you lose, I'm sorry [Wink]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
I meant you can marry if you move to Texas...

it's not my requirement for you... I am happy to meet my women where they're at...

<Sheriff Bart>
Where all de white women at?
</Sheriff Bart>

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
Awww... Mongo straight!

You know, I've often wondered how many ULC members there were out there.

Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
Member-members or "Hey, this has to be a hoax . . .let's sign up!" members. 'cause, uh, I might be one of those.

*grumble*

I even have a certificate of sainthood that they sent me for some reason.

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
popatr
Member # 1334

- posted      Profile for popatr   Email popatr         Edit/Delete Post 
Since I am barely just approaching 500 posts after all this time, you can bet you won't get a lot of action from me. [Razz]
Posts: 554 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
EllenM
Member # 5447

- posted      Profile for EllenM           Edit/Delete Post 
I come back after a few days away and Hatrack has decided to go back to the communal 60's definition of family. Well it looks like we won't have to worry about safe sex, but I won't make any money on my trojan stock this way.
[Big Grin]

Posts: 180 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
See... you had me at the first page, but using lines from Blazing Saddles is just a clincher. I swear, if someone starts quoting me The Princess Bride and Shakespeare, I may just have to elope. Of course that means I won't get my big wedding and no bachelor or bachelorette parties which could be miscontrued as a bad thing.

I do wonder about the future resulting children though. Poor little darlings won't know what hit them (I mean the parents not the kids [Evil] .)

*joins the bandwagon which is oddly playing the Imperial March*

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
"Mawwidge! Mawwidge... is a dweam... within a dweam..."
Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
You can legally consent to marriage at 16 in most states, even though the legal age to consent to sex is 17 or 18... *Shrugs*

So you're in, Raia.

lol. I love my thread [Smile] *pats thread fondly* I honestly had no ide a:)

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
I've spent the last five years developing an immunity to iocaine powder.
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

Westley!
Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

ASSSSS

YOOOOOOOUUUUU

WIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSHHHHH!

T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
Since others, wiser than I, are neglecting the other of your requests. I offer, humbly:

quote:
T. ANALOG KID
Come, Kate, we'll to bed.
We three are married, but you two are sped.

to LUCENTIO
'Twas I won the wager, though you hit the white;
And, being a winner, God give you good night!

Exeunt T. ANALOG KID and KATHARINA

<crossing fingers and hoping this works>

[ August 12, 2003, 03:15 PM: Message edited by: T. Analog Kid ]

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, man, that'd probably be enough to talk me into it. I'm sure it'll work on her [Big Grin]

Edit: Er, TAK, it was larisse and not kat who made the Shakespeare request...

[ August 12, 2003, 03:16 PM: Message edited by: twinky ]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

Why Katharina? I thought you were posting in favor of Larisse . . .

Q.

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Man, all these people not realizing that the intent here is to get everyone married to everyone else *Grin*

GROUP marriage folks [Smile] If you can't share with other hatrackers, get out! *brandishes kitchen knives*

twinky
Member # 693

I think T. is just trying to lure her in to the communal marriage. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

Oh okay.

Question: are we going to be expected to remember insignificant details about all spouses? Like birthdays, anniversaries, first names, that kind of thing?

Q.

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh my gosh!

It was indeed larisse who made the Shakespeare request.

Me, despite the fiery sexiness that is Ekaterina, have always been partial to Portia. Now there's a girl - and she gets what she wants. [Smile]

Speak not to me in dulcet tones of love and dreams abounding
The murmur instead of futures forseen of friendship will set my heart pounding

[ August 12, 2003, 03:23 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
monteverdi
Member # 2896

- posted      Profile for monteverdi           Edit/Delete Post 
As a useless observer and eternal non-participant in anything I offer this:

there is a strange repression here (wherever this is) that sends one's antannae up - maybe I'm just old fashioned - but- these internet enabled 'joking' relationships are the tips of some awefully wierd icebergs I bet....

Posts: 575 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
"Question: are we going to be expected to remember insignificant details about all spouses? Like birthdays, anniversaries, first names, that kind of thing?"

There could be a group birthday. Sort of a rebirthday, if you will. Of course, our anniversary will be easy to remember,as it will be the same.

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

quote:
these internet enabled 'joking' relationships are the tips of some awefully wierd icebergs I bet....

But I've never even SEEN Titanic.

*winces at bad joke and promptly slaps her muse.*

[edited for distance clarity]

[ August 12, 2003, 03:27 PM: Message edited by: asQmh ]

katharina
Member # 827

Anniversay party! [Party]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Twink-- I am guilty as charged. I was, indeed, trying to subtly wile Katharina into, not only the whole group thing, but my particular locale in the room (after all, there's only so many people you can grab at once [Evil] ).

YAY! an evil smiley!

Grammar nazis have fun with that second sentence... I'm pretty sure it's correct, even with all the commas.

No icebergs as far as I can see.... nope, nope, nope...

As for Portia, I'm with Otto:
quote:
Why did he name his daughter after a car?

katharina
Member # 827

Between my responsibilities in Slash's hoochie stable and my life as twinky's dream wife, I think this Hatracker's dance card is all filled up.

Now Portia rocked. The Merchant of Venice is one of my favorite plays - <feminista hat> It would take a woman to point the flaw's the man's plan. </feminista hat>

0:)

[ August 12, 2003, 03:41 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

twinky
Member # 693

Speak not to me in dulcet tones of love and dreams abounding
The murmur instead of futures forseen of friendship will set my heart pounding

Good lord.

Kat.sexiness++;

katharina
Member # 827

*grin*
asQmh
Member # 4590

Hey, wait. Slash has a hoochie stable. *thinks* Okay. I'm fine with that - I see no way it interferes with my (all male) harem, so he can keep it.

Q.

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"(all male) harem"

Isn't that spelled "hairem?"

Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

If your plan is to make me your love slave, quoting the Bard is a good way to go about it [Wink]

I posted a detailed description of the marriage dream in CT's dream thread, BTW. [Smile]

katharina
Member # 827

*smiles at twinky* I saw it. *whispers* I saved it. I was hoping Bob could do an interp, but that may have to wait.

And thank you for the compliment, but the words aren't the Bard's. They're mine, with influences. [Smile]

[ August 12, 2003, 04:10 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

twinky
Member # 693

We need a jaw-dropping smiley. Silly me, thinking that was a quote.

Kat.sexiness++++++++;

katharina
Member # 827

*blush* Thanks. [Smile]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Twinky, dear, you misht want to read this part more carefully:

"futures forseen of friendship"

I think Kat is just giving you the "let's just be friends" speech, couched in lovely Shakespeareanesque language.

katharina
Member # 827

Oh, the post was to TAK. [Smile]
twinky
Member # 693

I know it wasn't directed at me. It's not what she said, it's how she said it. [Smile]

Rowr.

T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Ah, the old knife cuts once again to the sinews of my life's blood... doest fate have any crueler taunt than "let's just be friends?"
T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

note to twinky:

that was original, too...

Raia
Member # 4700

- posted      Profile for Raia   Email Raia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
You can legally consent to marriage at 16 in most states, even though the legal age to consent to sex is 17 or 18... *Shrugs*

So you're in, Raia.

Hooray!!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 7877 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
*cough*
I have a Shakespearean name, too, you know. Why is no one quoting at me?

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Umm, largely cause I don't do shakespeare... yup. Thats my only excuse.

Edit:
Otherwise I would.

[ August 12, 2003, 05:19 PM: Message edited by: Paul Goldner ]

T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

Hark! I think I hear the fair Ophelia!

(okay, so that's more Gilligan's Island than Shakespeare, but it was the best I could do on the spur of the moment...)

Edit: I am also saddened that everyone ignored my "A Fish Called Wanda" reference...

[ August 12, 2003, 05:24 PM: Message edited by: T. Analog Kid ]

Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
I also have a Shakespearean name. My real name is Olivia. [Smile] Funny, I sort of go for the pretty, possibly slightly femmy guys. Go figger.
Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

My name is Q, but if anyone quote star trek at me, I'll mock them mercilessly.

And then, following that, I'll fall helpless into your arms. I can't help it; I go for geeky.

Q.

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Damn, I don't know many star trek lines...

"Make it so, number one"

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Pfl. Ophelia goes all nutty and throws herself into a river. What man wants to put up with that? Especially when compared to the cosmic powers of Q?
Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

My name isn't really Shakespearean, but I was Shakespeare's bankroller, darn it. I think I should get a little credit here.
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
*sniff* That's not what you said when you were trying to get me out of my skirt and into your pants. [Cry]

Thanks for the effort, TAK. I knew there was a reason I'm leaving for Texas tomorrow. [Big Grin]

Paul: Educate yourself. (And another link so you can quote at Olivia, too. Can't help with the Star Trek, though.) [Wink]

Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

No no.
I don't "do" shakespeare. I've READ him. He just should never be read... his plays should only be watched.

[Smile]

I love a good production of hamlet, but hand me the book and I'll throw it back at you.

Of course, I won't say that when I'm trying to get you out of your skirt and into my pants [Smile]

mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not watching you "do" any Shakespeare, Paul. o_O
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.