FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Proposal from the hatrack men to the hatrack women (Page 4)

This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   
Author Topic: Proposal from the hatrack men to the hatrack women
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
You COULD [Smile]
Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kasie H
Member # 2120

- posted      Profile for Kasie H   Email Kasie H         Edit/Delete Post 
LMAO!!

[ROFL] [ROFL]

But hey, I have dibs on Paul and twinky...although maybe I could be convinced to share with Raphie.

Posts: 1784 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
But then you wouldn't call me. [Wink]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

- posted      Profile for Paul Goldner   Email Paul Goldner         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, you didn't call ME [Smile]

And Kasie, you can have dibs on me all you want [Smile]

(Of course, given the group arrangement here, you'll have to fight the other women... but I'll help *grin*)

[ August 12, 2003, 10:03 PM: Message edited by: Paul Goldner ]

Posts: 4112 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Avadaru
Member # 3026

- posted      Profile for Avadaru   Email Avadaru         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm almost 17...I bet if I slipped my mum some Valium she'd let me get married....huh, I hope she isn't reading this....Nathan, do you still want to be my bride? 'Cuz we might have to elope. Hope that's not a problem. [Evil]
Posts: 1225 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Annie
Member # 295

- posted      Profile for Annie   Email Annie         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
We cannot fight for love, as men may do; We should be wooed, and were not made to woo
-Helena, A Midsummer Night's Dream

Alas.
Posts: 8504 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
larisse
Member # 2221

- posted      Profile for larisse   Email larisse         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhh... Annie, I think you may have thouroughly trounced the guys with that one. Love Midsummer Night's Dream. Of course I mean that in a the most platonic way possible... [Wink] . Puck is one of my favorite characters, but Iago actually tops the list. What can I say... I have a soft spot for evil men. (Is that a dagger in your pocket or are you just happy to see me [Evil Laugh] .)

Now, all of this proposing is fine, but I wanna know the most important thing... where are our rings... Hmmmm?

Posts: 822 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't think I trust rings...

(would rather not spend an eternity as an icky-looking blue person underneath a big cape on freaky looking mounts)

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

- posted      Profile for Zotto!   Email Zotto!         Edit/Delete Post 
I have to say, after reading through four pages of proposals, I feel supremely disappointed that not a single jatraquero/a has come out and expressed their eternal burning desire to become a lifelong recipient of my uber-lovin'.

[ August 13, 2003, 03:27 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Zotto... We've been underwhelmed by your post count. [Razz] Maybe in a couple of years... [Wink]
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
Awwwww... Zotto! I'll be your jatraquera. [Wink]

(((((Zotto!)))))

Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

To Ryuko: Pshaw. Less quantity more quality.

Now I feel obligated to make some sort of innuendo with the above statement.

[Big Grin] [Wink]

[ August 13, 2003, 03:50 AM: Message edited by: Zotto! ]

Posts: 1595 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zotto!
Member # 4689

To TTAT: that's more like it. [Big Grin] [Wink]
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

- posted      Profile for tonguetied&twisted   Email tonguetied&twisted         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]
Posts: 1111 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonguetied&twisted
Member # 5159

Quality, indeed. [Wink]
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
>> Puck is one of my favorite characters, but Iago actually tops the list. What can I say... <<

Those two are my favourites as well (with Iago at the top). [Big Grin]

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Twinky, I definitely see the Puck in you.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

I'm not sure whether to be insulted or flattered [Big Grin]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Well, Twinky, what would Puck think?
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

- posted      Profile for asQmh   Email asQmh         Edit/Delete Post 
All this swooning is making me dizzy.

*_*

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Ophelia, I'm just mad at you because you turned down my generous pants offer. [Cry]

Ophelia, you're breaking my heart, you're shaking my confidence daily...

(Don't worry about my singing voice, guys. I've aggravated my voice so that I may roar as sweetly as ny sucking dove. I will roar you an 'twere any nightingale.)

<--- was always fond of Bottom

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Hey, I took out a whole BUSHEL of rings in the first post [Smile]
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"<--- was always fond of Bottom"

Really? I took you for a breast man.

>ducking<

SORRY!

T. Analog Kid
Member # 381

- posted      Profile for T. Analog Kid   Email T. Analog Kid         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought he meant "bottom" vs. "top"

... but who can tell when it's Out of Context

Posts: 2112 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

- posted      Profile for Bob the Lawyer   Email Bob the Lawyer         Edit/Delete Post 
Curse your choice of character names, Shakespeare!
*shakes fist*

You'd better not hope I'm a breast man, Elizabeth, because means you don't have a pray--

Hmm... I'd better not finish that. [Wink]

[ August 13, 2003, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Bob the Lawyer ]

Posts: 3243 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"You'd better not hope I'm a breast man, Elizabeth,"

Well, all I'm saying is, I've got plenty of bottom, not as much breast.

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Breast, bottom...breast... bottom...

*Weighs options*

Hrm. I CAN"T DECIDE! [Evil]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

ha ha ha!
asQmh
Member # 4590

Sheesh. . . I thought he meant Nick Bottom . . .

Ooh. Shakespear did reality TV first: Nick Bottom, world's first Jackass. Fictional, anyway.

Q.

Posts: 499 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

How about leg?
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Leg is really good too...

In fact, I can't think of a body part that ISN'T good, if attached to a woman [Smile]

twinky
Member # 693

When I read "Bottom," the first thing I thought of was Rowan Atkinson's ribald attendance sketch...

"Bottom, could you squeeze Myprick in there somewhere?"

[Evil Laugh]

Bob the Lawyer
Member # 3278

How is it that Shakespeare worked so well for everyone else?

<---- Feels like Bottom

I mean the character!

[ August 13, 2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: Bob the Lawyer ]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

"How is it that Shakespeare worked so well for everyone else?"

Sometimes a bottom is just a bottom.

twinky
Member # 693

Atkinson's Bottom is also a character [Razz]

Every character in the sketch has a lewd name. Though I do prefer his devil sketch.

"Christians? Christians over there please. Sorry, I'm afraid the Jews were right. Atheists? Over here. You must be feeling a right bunch of nitwits."

[Big Grin]

asQmh
Member # 4590

But the all-time classic is "Fatal Beatings."

" . . .Yes. Expelled."

Q.

twinky
Member # 693

[ROFL]
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I don't "do" shakespeare. I've READ him. He just should never be read... his plays should only be watched.
Okay, Paul. I don't entirely agree, but I can at least see where you're coming from.

A tangent:
Midsummer Night's Dream is The Play I Got Sick Of in 11th grade (spent waaaay too much time on it in Shakespeare class, then was a fairy [Mustardseed, I think] in the school production of it, then went and saw it in Stratford, ON with the school, then the movie came out and we all refused to see it). But I liked it before then, and would probably like it again now.

quote:
How is it that Shakespeare worked so well for everyone else?
Poor Bob. Here: [Kiss] *runs (okay, drives) off to Texas* [Blushing]
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Of course you don't agree [Smile] You're a william nut [Smile]

Interestly, my brother agrees with me... and he'll be teaching high school english next year. Student teaching it this year. I wonder what he's going to do when he's supposed to make his students read shakespeare...?

Anyrate, I think I need to start flirting again... any willing targets for me to wax poetic about curves, tangeants, and derivatives? [Smile]

Elizabeth
Member # 5218

Listen, Paul, once a high school kid reads Shakespeare, and realizes it is about 75 precent smut, they love it. The more they read it, the more puns they will get that they missed the first time.

The trick to reading Shakespeare is this: read it. Read it again. Read it a third time, etc.

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

Yeah, and it STILL sucks [Smile]
asQmh
Member # 4590

Paul, if you keep talking like that your part of the mass engagement and impending mass-hatrack wedding might be cut. Or something.

Or maybe it's an empty threat, but still. C'mon, don't mess with Shakespeare. He's behind half of the movies that came out in 2000-2001

Q.

Lissande
Member # 350

- posted      Profile for Lissande   Email Lissande         Edit/Delete Post 
And that's a DRAWING point?? [Evil]
Posts: 2762 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

Yes. It draws flies.

Q.

twinky
Member # 693

Heh heh heh.

I'm reminded of the line "Flies may like honey more than vinegar, but they like s*@t most of all."

Paul Goldner
Member # 1910

I'll leave off on teh William bashing then [Smile]

"I wish I were your derivative, so i could lie tangent to your curves."
Any math geeks on the thread...? [Smile]

asQmh
Member # 4590

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

Q.

Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, man. My head hurts.
Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Q, I just told your line to the lady I work with. She laughed for almost a whole minute and asked me where I got it from. [Smile] It was a hit. Thank you very much.

Hatrack improves my work reputation. I tell them the highlights, and they think I'm hilarious.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
asQmh
Member # 4590

One is glad to be of service. ^_~
  This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.