FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I need to get in a fight (Page 1)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: I need to get in a fight
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
I really do.

I am just pissed off at nothing, lately. I either need to pound someone who deserves it, or get pounded by someone who doesn't deserve it. Maybe I will start hanging out in seedy bars for a while. This is *my* hormones trumping my logic, and not for something nice like a baby either.

Does anyone else ever feel like that? Anyone else here just enjoy a good bout of fisticuffs?

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

- posted      Profile for Deirdre   Email Deirdre         Edit/Delete Post 
No.
Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes.

Not a physical fight, but I have occasionally gone looking for a fight before.

I'd say either some serious physical activity like running, or, um, no, physical activity is the only socially-acceptable solution I can think of right now.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

- posted      Profile for Slash the Berzerker   Email Slash the Berzerker         Edit/Delete Post 
To Dierdre:

Too bad. You are definitely in my 'deserving' column.

[Smile]

[ August 14, 2003, 04:49 PM: Message edited by: Slash the Berzerker ]

Posts: 5383 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
How about some mindless shooter like QuakeIIIII? Go get the chainsaw and slash some people up.
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sho'nuff
Member # 3214

- posted      Profile for Sho'nuff   Email Sho'nuff         Edit/Delete Post 
sometimes. but it's more of a general "i need to punch something" feeling than a "i need to punch someone feeling.

I had an idea for a business once. It'd be a place you can go to, and pay a fee, and you're givin like a baseball bat or something, and they put you in this room and just let you go off and break things. It'd be a great stress reliever.

I even wrote out the logistics of it all. Price and services offered. For higher prices you can take special requests. the client sends you a picture of a certain room, maybe an ex girlfriends living room or something, you re-create the room and let them have their way with it. for an extremely high price of course. [Big Grin]

Posts: 251 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

Come on, Slash. You're a middle aged guy with an office job who wears pull-over sweaters and uses way too many smilies. Who you trying to kid, anyway?
Posts: 1046 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
Yup, I get that feeling.

Usually when I do, I go bowling. Something about chucking a 13 pound ball and some poor helpless pins makes me feel like I'm killing something. Makes me feel all manly and stuff...

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sho'nuff
Member # 3214

- posted      Profile for Sho'nuff   Email Sho'nuff         Edit/Delete Post 
use a lighter ball. you can chuck it much harder and make yourself feel better.

like picking on a 10 year old. [Evil]

Posts: 251 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Dierdre:

I don't own a single pullover sweater, but the rest is true. See? I'd be easy. You should beat the crap out of me.

Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I felt like that last week. Everything, especially old arguments was making me mad and i just wanted to bite someone.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
Slashy, about once a month I'm terribly obnoxious and ornery. My husband hates it because he knows no matter what he says, I'll pick apart almost every statement he makes. [Smile]

Personally, I don't believe it's my hormones however. I just think that once a month, I can no longer tolerate his idiocy. [Big Grin]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

Nah. I like a challege.

(You sure about the pullover sweaters? I could have sworn you wore pullover sweaters. Hmmm...maybe they were just cartigins with really small buttons.)

Frisco
Member # 3765

- posted      Profile for Frisco           Edit/Delete Post 
If you'd like to make the trip to Boise, Ty, I'm due for an ass-whooping.
Posts: 5264 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
You have a punching bag in the basement and boxing gloves.

edit: Deirdre - that's Dan. [Smile]

[ August 14, 2003, 04:58 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Deirdre
Member # 4200

I know what Dan wears, Tone. I'm the one who's always borrowing his clothes, remember?

I could have sworn it was Ty.

Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

My bag doesn't hit back.

Frisco? Man, that would be sweet. If I could justify going to Boise, I would totally take you up on that. Can't work your way over to Portland somehow?

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
When I feel like that, I just go punch somebody...

Or go to sparring class...

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Dierdre:

Nope, no pullovers, and no cardigans. In fact, no sweaters at all. Lots of sweatshirts though.

Deirdre
Member # 4200

Ah, that must be it. My mistake.
Duragon C. Mikado
Member # 2815

- posted      Profile for Duragon C. Mikado   Email Duragon C. Mikado         Edit/Delete Post 
Slash, I know most video games don't really quell that need for hurting something or exerting force all at once, but there is ONE that can.

Mortal Combat 3 for SNES or PS2. The graphics are textured enough and the combos fluid enough to sate that urge to reap the feel of flesh compressing from your actions.

Posts: 622 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 5212

- posted      Profile for Sweet William           Edit/Delete Post 
Slashy, this link's for you:

http://www.ucw-zero.com/school.htm

A close friend of mine runs the place. He's a real jerk. I'd pay you to fly down here and pound him. [Razz]

Edit to say "down here" I am still thinking "Smackdown in Dallas."

[ August 14, 2003, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Sweet William ]

Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Duragon, you're not far away.

Want to get together?

Ralphie
Member # 1565

For Frisco.
Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Sweet William:

Yeah, those are some big boys, no doubt. I imagine that could be a painful lesson in humility.

Duragon C. Mikado
Member # 2815

- posted      Profile for Duragon C. Mikado   Email Duragon C. Mikado         Edit/Delete Post 
Hrm depends, I work full time. Butttt, my summer college ends in a week and fall semester @ PCC doesn't start up until around Sept. 8th. If you have a time in mind, go ahead and put it on the table. It'd be nice to get out of the Puyallup valley anyway.

[edit] I hope you don't mean just to fight. [Wink]
I'm not a pacifist but I doubt you or I deserve a beat down. [Razz]

[ August 14, 2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: Duragon C. Mikado ]

Posts: 622 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

By then, I will be over it. You are probably safe. But don't tease me. You teased me once before, and I'm still not over it. Gimme a date, so I know you really love me.
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you should become a vigilante, Slash.
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

And I *DO* deserve a beatdown. I really do. But I will only take volunteers. I won't draft anyone against their will.
saxon75
Member # 4589

- posted      Profile for saxon75           Edit/Delete Post 
It doesn't usually go so well for me when I get that urge. I typically end up pinned to the sidewalk with a few extra bruises and sometimes a neck injury.
Posts: 4534 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sweet William
Member # 5212

Yeah, like "Mr. I Can Fight Off Vietnamese Gang Members in a Parking Lot" is going to get volunteers.

DAH REEM on.

[ August 14, 2003, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Sweet William ]

Posts: 524 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Duragon:

I think I am available the last weekend of August. If you make the trip, I will even buy the first round for having been so mean to you when you first showed up.

[ August 14, 2003, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: Slash the Berzerker ]

Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Slash, have you tried drinking iced tea or ice water in large quantities? I'm tellin' ya....
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Duragon C. Mikado
Member # 2815

Alright, let me check my work schedule tomorrow for days, but you have to promise to wear a torn white tank top with oil stains that lets your belly hang out and take me to Waddles and call me Billy-Bob.
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Ummm...

You may be misinformed on how far *South* Portland actually is.

m. bowles
Member # 3743

- posted      Profile for m. bowles   Email m. bowles         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]
Posts: 128 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
m. bowles
Member # 3743

I'm over due for an ass whippin'. But you have to come down here to give it to me.
Posts: 128 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

I was down there. You Bowles boys pussed out on me.
m. bowles
Member # 3743

I mean much further down..... Like south of San Antonio.
Duragon C. Mikado
Member # 2815

Dude, I almost went in that place before. I SAW the invisible intelligence reducer coating the entrance, sapping what was left of ambition and inquisitive nature from the blobs going in there. You're saying it's just a fluke of Portland?
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

I can honestly say I have never been in there, nor do I know anyone who has.
Ralphie
Member # 1565

What's "Waddles"?
Duragon C. Mikado
Member # 2815

Oh Ralphie, I don't even live anywhere near Seattle, nor would I claim that crowded nest as my home territory. And as to Puyallup vs. Portland its no contest - your microbreweries alone slaughter for great justice.
Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

I think it's that restaurant just before you cross the I-5 bridge into Vancouver. The one with the big duck on it?

Technically, that's not Portland, it's Jantzen Beach.

Duragon is clearly someone who has only seen Portland from the I-5.

Duragon C. Mikado
Member # 2815

Jantzen Beach is a town seperate from Portland?

I have been in Portland, I do like how the city is constructed in an orderly fashion, with lots of space and neo style archetecture.

Slash the Berzerker
Member # 556

Yeah, Portland is surrounded by lots of little townships. I'm pretty sure Jantzen Beach is not part of the City of Portland. But I think it's very funny that Waddles is your memory of the area. [Smile]
Ralphie
Member # 1565

Duragon - I realized you were slamming "Waddles" in particular and used it as a mild catalyst to slam Portland. Considering that, I decided my post was a bit more antagonistic than it should have been so I removed it in favor of "What's Waddles" which is actually a semi-legitimate question.

However, considering that you did slam PDX even a little, if you know what's good for you, foo'... [No No]

Sweet William
Member # 5212

Somebody clue me in here. I have been to both Portland and Seattle each once. And I really liked them both. A lot.

Which one of them has that restaurant downtown with the concave glass-like ceiling, and if you sit in a certain place you can hear the conversations at tables clear across the restaurant?

That was very, very cool, and somewhat espionage-y. [Cool]

Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
I always liked the sparring in martial arts. Sign up for a class. I think you've taken them before, so advanced is definately preferable. Then you can legitimately beat up on the other students.

Oh, and it is likely that we are coming up there in September. I'll volunteer... Vovka [Evil]

[ August 14, 2003, 08:10 PM: Message edited by: Amka ]

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Didn't anyone laugh at Toni's invitation to Frisco?? I thought it was hilarious!!
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.