FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Is it possible to change your posting name?

Author Topic: Is it possible to change your posting name?
TwosonPaula
Member # 5511

- posted      Profile for TwosonPaula   Email TwosonPaula         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to alter it a bit. People seem to think I have two sons. For some reason, that's really bugging me.
Posts: 113 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ralphie
Member # 1565

- posted      Profile for Ralphie   Email Ralphie         Edit/Delete Post 
If you reregister.

edit: No pointing out my blatant inability to read registration dates, newbie! [Mad]

[Razz]

[ August 14, 2003, 10:26 PM: Message edited by: Ralphie ]

Posts: 7600 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwosonPaula
Member # 5511

- posted      Profile for TwosonPaula   Email TwosonPaula         Edit/Delete Post 
Edited because it doesn't make any sense now! [Big Grin]

[ August 14, 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: TwosonPaula ]

Posts: 113 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
The last time I registered a new sn, they had an option I'd never seen before . . . something like account name and posting name, though I don't recall the exact words used. I'm not too clear on how it works. In any case, though, I don't think you should change your name. It stands out and the misunderstanding invites you to tell the story behind it . . . it makes you more interesting. It's a cool name; I'm definitely curious. I figure it's an Arizona thing, but I do wonder if there's more to it.

Anyway, I've been lurking since you joined, so welcome! [Wave]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Count
Member # 5541

- posted      Profile for The Count           Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, well, im new so i dont know if you can
Posts: 23 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwosonPaula
Member # 5511

Thank you, thank you. [Hat]

Twoson is a town in the old SNES game "Earthbound." It's a pun on Tucson. The girl that lives there is named Paula.
I really shouldn't be annoyed about the "two son" thing, seeing as how I have two children. (One is a girl, tho.) I just don't like it when women base their entire persona on the fact that they have children, i.e. "soccer mom", etc. NOT that being a mom isn't AMAZING!!!!!!

Kayla
Member # 2403

- posted      Profile for Kayla   Email Kayla         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Your login (user) name cannot be changed. Note that your password is not encrypted and may be accessible by the message board administrators. Do not use a password that you would be afraid to reveal to anyone.
http://www.hatrack.com/ubb/cgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=edit_my_profile

n00bs. [Roll Eyes]

TwosonPaula, many (if not most) people here are in, at the very least, their second incarnation. Feel free to reregister with a new name. But let us know who you are! [Smile]

[ August 14, 2003, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

But Kayla, have you registered a new nick lately? There is a new second blank, for something like "posting name." What is that about?
Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

<--- the original

[Smile]

Kayla
Member # 2403

Icky, not since the format changeover! Too much information! Aren't you glad I was here before then? Otherwise, Hatrack would never have heard from me. Oh, maybe that isn't a good thing. . .

[Wink]

Posts: 9871 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
<--also original.

...wait...

Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwosonPaula
Member # 5511

Kayla, I knew you couldn't changed your login name. I was wanted to change the Publicly Displayed name, which that page does not have any references to. That's why I asked! [Roll Eyes]
Icarus
Member # 3162

<--- is happy

[Smile]

See?

Kayla
Member # 2403

Good lord. This is one of those things that's really annoying about Hatrack. As soon as someone says something, half the board feels the need to point out the fact that they are the "execption." [Roll Eyes]

<- not original

<- has nearly as many screen names as Jon Boy and Patrick

[ August 14, 2003, 11:00 PM: Message edited by: Kayla ]

Kayla
Member # 2403

TwosonPaula, you goof ball, that page should be able to answer your question. The information that you can change is changeable.

That said, you might e-mail Kathryn or Kristine, but honestly, I think it would just be easier to reregister.

Icarus
Member # 3162

I've noticed a tendency since posting in the insult game thread to want to continue responding in that vein in other threads. I've had to stop myself two or three times tonight! Know what I mean? [Wink]
Icarus
Member # 3162

Yes, but why do we have both a "publicly displayed name" and a user name? What is the purpose of having both of these?
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Kayla
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwosonPaula
Member # 5511

Probably, but for pete's sake, I've annoyed a lot of people building up my 103 posts! Can't turn back now.
Icarus
Member # 3162

*snicker*

[Laugh]

Megan
Member # 5290

- posted      Profile for Megan           Edit/Delete Post 
Icarus: Yes...it's terribly addicting. Maybe we should create a 12-step program thread or something. [Razz]
Posts: 4077 | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kayla
Member # 2403

Post count? Your worried about your post count?!? I had tons of posts before I changed screen names. (Like waaay more than 103.)

Icky, it has little to do with the insult thread. I seem to be in a "mood."

I should sign off and find something else to do, but for some reason. . .

Icarus
Member # 3162

*pat pat*

Don't sign off . . . if you did you'd cut the Hatrack output for tonight by 80%!

JaneX
Member # 2026

- posted      Profile for JaneX           Edit/Delete Post 
<--not original, but pretty darn close, since I haven't used my original name in two years
Posts: 2057 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Took me over two years to get to 107 posts, after which I did start over with a new name. Don't stick with a name you don't like for the sake of a post count.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Who would do that?

[Razz]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwosonPaula
Member # 5511

GAH!! JUST KIDDING! I was just kidding about the post count! Whew!
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ahhhhh! Earthbound was SO cool. I haven't thought about that game in AGES. You know, they were making an Earthbound 64 for a while, but it got scrapped [Grumble] .

Ah (pleasant sigh) you've now filled my head with memories of so many amazing SNES rpgs. Im thinking right now of Secret of Mana, Secret of Evermore, Crono Trigger, FF3(6), and many many more. (Sigh) Life was great back in the age of Golden RPGs.

Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TwosonPaula
Member # 5511

Cal,
Yeah, I think they are bringing a newer Mother game at some point. I had heard about the 64 one getting the boot, but I'm pretty sure they have made more recent plans to do something new. (For GameCube.)
Check out EB stuff here.

"Say, 'Fuzzy Pickles!'"

[ August 15, 2003, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: TwosonPaula ]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.